Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
STL Riots

Wondering how many people on here are watching this and if anyone is listening to the scanners tonight...its getting heavy. Armed groups walking down the street, multiple shots fired, looting every night, curfew enforced...

Download "Scanner radio" app and tune into St. Louis County Police Dispatch - 1st Pct. and get a real picture of whats going on...

Whats your opinions and what you have seen or heard
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #2
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This fellow sums it up quite well:
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/08/...ack-community/
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGtalHH6hE
Old 08-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Yes Ferguson, which is St. Louis County
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If all the clips from this video are real, it's a pretty messed up situation:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e25_1408413667
And even if not all them are, this has gone too far. Looting and rioting is not necessary, all these people are just using it the situation as an excuse. Cops "mistakenly" kill innocent and not so innocent people all the time, but god forbids that person happens to be black because all hell breaks loose...
Last year a local college student was wrongfully shot and killed by a campus police officer. He was white. And guess what? Yupp, no rioting nor looting.
They need to be stopped, and they are asking for more force.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:36 AM   #6
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I read someone's comment on youtube about how in the long run this rioting is a good thing for America. Now I do not quite completely agree, but I understand his point.

Civil unrest is part of our duty, believe it or not. The government has been fucking everyone for way too long. By causing "chaos" from their actions, Ferguson demonstrated that they will not take government bull shit. However, I understand that this was essentially selfishly motivated to come up from looting.

But this reaction, I believe is better than none. It demonstrates to the government that people are still not afraid to stand up. If you anger the community, there will be a reaction. Reminds the police to think carefully about just wasting someone. Reminds the government to remember who their true boss is.

And feito, is it a good thing that a local college student was wrongfully shot and killed by a campus police officer and to not have a reaction?

Imagine if every time an innocent person was shot by the pigs and there was no reaction to it? They would think it is perfectly ok to go around killing people because people won't do anything.

I would definitely rather there be rioting, chaos, and looting than no reaction at all. That in the long run is better for America.

Of course, rioting could probably be done without looting. But I mean, if your a business owner, buy yourself a gun and shoot some fuckers trying to loot you. That will definitely make them think twice about hitting your store.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #7
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ya, and once the store owner shoots someone trying to loot from his/her store it turns into "unarmed man shot" bs all over the media. Its all a load of bull shit.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
another dude was shot and killed last night by police.

doesn't look like it's coolin down over there anytime soon...

pretty fucked up that police are targeting the press too.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #9
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
They need to get over the bullshit that cops are after black americans gimmie a break,This is why people are racist and its kinda hard not to be when you see these jackasses looting and destroying there own shit because a guy decided to strong arm rob a store and got killed.

they just use it as an excuse to start drama.People need to relise that mistakes are made and not to go on a rampage over one stupid incodent.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
YOSHIKOUKI
Zilvia Addict

YOSHIKOUKI is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to YOSHIKOUKI
the cop that killed him had no clue of him robbing that store and does stealing deserve for him to be shot 6 times and killed. He should've been arrest and let the justice system take over from there. Police are not employed to kill people ,theyre here to protect and serve, killing a person no matter what they've done is unacceptable thats why we have the justice system
YOSHIKOUKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #11
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

^ The cop was punched in the face by Mike Brown rupturing his eye socket before he got out of the car, they say...kid ran then turned around back at cop to charge him, then cop fired 6 rounds. Don't quote me for facts, this is just what I am reading...no one will really know until witnesses come forward.

Something that bothers me is that Ferguson PD has dash cams for all their cars...still in the box...at the station. They were never installed...idiots.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #12
YOSHIKOUKI
Zilvia Addict

Now I totally agree that this dude was a punk thug trynna be tough but no matter what he definitely didn't deserve to die he shouldve been arrested and thrown in jail not shot 6 times...from the autopsy report it says that these shots were not from close range but from far....He was shot from behind and also from the front but like u said we won't know until witnesses come forward and confirm the officers story...yeah they definitely shouldve had those cameras installed smh smh
Old 08-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Looting/rioting makes us look like a bunch of uncivilized fools. Everything turns into a race issue way too fast. If Mike Brown would have killed the cop what would have happened? it probably wouldnt have made it past the local news. Put yourself in law enforcements shoes and tell me you wouldnt fire if you felt your life was in danger.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #14
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
fucked up that police are targeting the press too.
Some of the members of the press are there breaking the imposed curfew along with the rioters and instigating ill will just so they have exciting news to cover.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #15
YOSHIKOUKI
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
Looting/rioting makes us look like a bunch of uncivilized fools. Everything turns into a race issue way too fast. If Mike Brown would have killed the cop what would have happened? it probably wouldnt have made it past the local news. Put yourself in law enforcements shoes and tell me you wouldnt fire if you felt your life was in danger.
Yeah I agree we definitely shouldn't be rioting n looting smh but protest is a good thing but I really don't think it's about race it's about these cops shooting to kill people r fed up...just like the two black cops n NY that beat a man and people are outraged by it and want the police to stop harassing people over BS I should be able to walk drive jog ride my bike without being harassed because I "LOOK" a certain way...and they're trained to protect themselves yes and they should when in "danger" there's no way an unarmed teenager can make a grown man feel that scared for his life to where he has to shoot him six times n kill him...He didn't have to kill him is all I'm saying

Last edited by YOSHIKOUKI; 08-20-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Old 08-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #16
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
But I mean, if your a business owner, buy yourself a gun and shoot some fuckers trying to loot you. That will definitely make them think twice about hitting your store.
That is a terrible idea. If you're a business owner, purchase insurance. When a mob of angry looting rioters start destroying your business, GTFO with your life and collect insurance. Even if you have extensive firepower, you can easily be overwhelmed by a large enough mob. Not to mention those who will come for revenge for their fallen loved ones. It's not like it's your home...
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
That is a terrible idea. If you're a business owner, purchase insurance. When a mob of angry looting rioters start destroying your business, GTFO with your life and collect insurance. Even if you have extensive firepower, you can easily be overwhelmed by a large enough mob. Not to mention those who will come for revenge for their fallen loved ones. It's not like it's your home...
LOL. Ever heard of the Koreans during the LA Riots?

So its a terrible idea to protect whats yours? Sure its dangerous, or you could just be a bitch and get looted. I don't know about you, but if I was in the situation, I would stay and protect my store, which I am legally allowed to, that I put blood,sweat, and tears in.

You seriously think that a large mob, that has to single file through your door, is down for the people in front to get mowed down? Fuck no. You shoot several of them and they will not visit your store again.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #18
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
I think it's easy to play keyboard warrior and cop when you aren't in the situation. Noone of us know exactly how it went down, and we may never know. I hope that justice is done and people find closure in all of this. Mistakes were probably made by both sides, well because we are all human and we do make mistakes.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #19
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Noone of us know exactly how it went down, and we may never know.
exactly...

but even though we're not totally sure what happened with brown, the problem is the police have way too much power. im sure all of you that have been following whats going on in ferguson have seen everything about the 'militarization of the police'. theyre driving around in armored cars with mounted turrets...

they can pretty much get away with anything they want nowadays. so i think its good that there is some reaction to an incident like this and that were all talking about it now. im not justifying looting or saying its the right way of going about it, im just saying it shouldn't be such a normal and mundane thing when the police shoot and kill someone who's unarmed that nothing is done about it.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 08-21-2014 at 09:20 AM..
TMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #20
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
What about when the rioters shot a civilian, and the police went in under fire to rescue and treat them? Normal cop cars wouldn't be able to take much direct fire. What happens if it's found that Mike Brown did assault and beat the cop, and shooting him was completely justified? People scream for the cops head on a platter while in the next breath say that Mike Brown was innocent until proven guilty...

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #21
YOSHIKOUKI
Zilvia Addict

^^^^^ smh smh they're geared up as if they're about to go to war smh although I don't condone the rioting n looting cus really that shit ain't got nothing to do with Mike brown at this point...but ur right the police have way to much power and they exercise that power on a daily basis especially here in Cali
Old 08-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #22
YOSHIKOUKI
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
What about when the rioters shot a civilian, and the police went in under fire to rescue and treat them? Normal cop cars wouldn't be able to take much direct fire. What happens if it's found that Mike Brown did assault and beat the cop, and shooting him was completely justified? People scream for the cops head on a platter while in the next breath say that Mike Brown was innocent until proven guilty...
Even if he did assault him it doesn't deserve for him to be SHOT 6 TIMES and killed, use a tazer, shoot him n the leg I mean the kid was unarmed n probably did take a swing but that officer is a trained specialist on how to apprehend criminals without killing them, especially unarmed and if he can't use his training to resolve the situation without having to kill...he/she needs to find a new job
Old 08-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #23
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
What about when the rioters shot a civilian, and the police went in under fire to rescue and treat them? Normal cop cars wouldn't be able to take much direct fire.
i havent read or heard about this. do you have a link to the story? would like to read.

Quote:
What happens if it's found that Mike Brown did assault and beat the cop, and shooting him was completely justified? People scream for the cops head on a platter while in the next breath say that Mike Brown was innocent until proven guilty...
thats why i quoted your previous post and agreed... we're not totally sure what happened and what prompted him to shoot him SIX times.

and the reason why people are angry at the officer and want it to be a criminal investigation is because these kinds of incidents seem to be getting more and more common with absolutely no accountability or repercussions for their actions. cops should be held to a higher standard. they're public servants that are paid by the tax payer. the penalties for doing anything to a police officer are way more severe than if the same crime were done to a normal citizen.

if someone were to ever shoot a police officer six times with no arrest/criminal investigation being done afterwards, im sure it would be just as big of a deal...

seriously, do you think if michael brown shot the police officer six times because he was allegedly assaulting him you would be saying "well maybe we'll find out the police officer had it coming to him and everything was totally justified" no... and brown would be serving life
Old 08-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #24
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
i havent read or heard about this. do you have a link to the story? would like to read.

thats why i quoted your previous post and agreed... we're not totally sure what happened and what prompted him to shoot him SIX times.

and the reason why people are angry at the officer and want it to be a criminal investigation is because these kinds of incidents seem to be getting more and more common with absolutely no accountability or repercussions for their actions. cops should be held to a higher standard. they're public servants that are paid by the tax payer. the penalties for doing anything to a police officer are way more severe than if the same crime were done to a normal citizen.

if someone were to ever shoot a police officer six times with no arrest/criminal investigation being done afterwards, im sure it would be just as big of a deal...

seriously, do you think if michael brown shot the police officer six times because he was allegedly assaulting him you would be saying "well maybe we'll find out the police officer had it coming to him and everything was totally justified" no... and brown would be serving life
It was in an on scene interview with the newly appointed chief of police. No surprise it isn't widely known, that would go against oh so many agendas

Old 08-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #25
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

So its a terrible idea to protect whats yours? Sure its dangerous, or you could just be a bitch and get looted. I don't know about you, but if I was in the situation, I would stay and protect my store, which I am legally allowed to, that I put blood,sweat, and tears in.

You seriously think that a large mob, that has to single file through your door, is down for the people in front to get mowed down? Fuck no. You shoot several of them and they will not visit your store again.
The LA riots were a special circumstance. the Koreans fought together... and their stores still got fucked up. You as a lone shop owner would not fair the same. Let's say you fended them off. You better pack up and move because even after the riot, you would not be safe. They wouldn't just forget about you killing their family members. People with that mindset would say their brother, sister, son, daughter, etc was justified in rioting... but you the racist shop owner killed them...
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #26
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
I read someone's comment on youtube about how in the long run this rioting is a good thing for America. Now I do not quite completely agree, but I understand his point.

Civil unrest is part of our duty, believe it or not. The government has been fucking everyone for way too long. By causing "chaos" from their actions, Ferguson demonstrated that they will not take government bull shit. However, I understand that this was essentially selfishly motivated to come up from looting.

But this reaction, I believe is better than none. It demonstrates to the government that people are still not afraid to stand up. If you anger the community, there will be a reaction. Reminds the police to think carefully about just wasting someone. Reminds the government to remember who their true boss is.

And feito, is it a good thing that a local college student was wrongfully shot and killed by a campus police officer and to not have a reaction?

Imagine if every time an innocent person was shot by the pigs and there was no reaction to it? They would think it is perfectly ok to go around killing people because people won't do anything.

I would definitely rather there be rioting, chaos, and looting than no reaction at all. That in the long run is better for America.

Of course, rioting could probably be done without looting. But I mean, if your a business owner, buy yourself a gun and shoot some fuckers trying to loot you. That will definitely make them think twice about hitting your store.
I guess you are right in a way. It aint right for us not to do anything when an innocent civilian gets shot by the police, especially when it keeps happening. But, if you are pissed at the police or your authorities, why dont you go after them then? Go break into the city hall and the police stations and shi+
Quote:

You see, even if for any reason I could stop them/scare them off on my own, maybe by killing a few and somehow the rest of them decide to back off, they will eventually come back, and they will hunt you at your house or wherever they can find you because like someone else said, that's their mentality, eventhou they know they're on the wrong they'll sick revenge. And you know what the difference between these kind of people (NOTE: kind, not race) and us is? These people are not afraid of prison, in their mentality they'll do a few years like doing college, and they'll come out being better criminals.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #27
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Pointing fully automatic weapons is a very bad idea. You want to win the population not make them hate you even more
we only learned this after 15 years in afghanistan

I'm glad these protests and rioting are happening. Unfortunate this kid had to die to wake up the nation on the militarization police forces. Police need to start being held accountable, and trained not to use deadly force as the first option. They do it because it's easy to get away with

And where's the NRA/OpenCarry/Tea Party militias? Isn't this the exact scenario theyve been preaching about for years? I know why
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:28 AM   #28
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

People have been protecting their stores in Ferguson like this

Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #29
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Pointing fully automatic weapons is a very bad idea. You want to win the population not make them hate you even more
we only learned this after 15 years in afghanistan

I'm glad these protests and rioting are happening. Unfortunate this kid had to die to wake up the nation on the militarization police forces. Police need to start being held accountable, and trained not to use deadly force as the first option. They do it because it's easy to get away with

And where's the NRA/OpenCarry/Tea Party militias? Isn't this the exact scenario theyve been preaching about for years? I know why
You wouldn't be glad these riots were happening if they were in your town.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #30
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Unfortunate this kid had to die to wake up the nation on the militarization police forces.
The guy was some scumbag hooligan wannabe thug and I am pretty sure the officer did not just decide to shoot him for no reason. Bet all the individuals painting Michael Brown as a saint are the same people who would think twice about sitting next to him on public transportation late at night.
I am against the police as much as the next law-abiding resident, but this is not the right incident to rally behind.