Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
s14 Hit 400,000 Miles in my S14 Today

And then my odometer stopped working. Does anyone know if S14 odometer maxes out at 400,000?

(Today is a somewhat special day. Much thanks for everyone on Zilvia for all the tips, tricks, advice, and bullshet to make owning this car that much easier and fun. You're some of the most knowledgeable, toxic mofos whose words I have ever read on the internet. And for that, I say thank you.)

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
nice! i've never even seen a 240 odometer keep working past 200k lol
Old 03-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
all with a dual cam KA?

wow
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
all with a dual cam KA?

wow
You know the answer to that...
(single cam KA)

Old 03-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
snap a pic of this engine... I need to see what a 400,000 mile engine looks like.

:0)
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hell lets see pictures of the entire car in and out as a testament to how nice a 240 COULD be kept if maintained properly.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #7
kalikouki

Trader Rating: (3)
kalikouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Let's see this sexy 400,000 mile bad boi
kalikouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
rellik27
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
rellik27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes please I must witness this.
rellik27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #9
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What mileage was on the car when you got it?

The odometer is probably still working but is jammed as the mechanics running those dials are very rough. Try hitting the trip reset a few times and letting it snap back on it's own. I've had the reset mechanism jam on me and had to let the odometer roll a few miles before becoming unjammed. Same is probably happening here.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #10
kalikouki

kalikouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I took a odometer apart to reset it but never looked to see if the thousands place just went to 4
.....bit really a single cam in a s14?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
kalikouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #11
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
snap a pic of this engine... I need to see what a 400,000 mile engine looks like.

:0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hell lets see pictures of the entire car in and out as a testament to how nice a 240 COULD be kept if maintained properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikouki View Post
Let's see this sexy 400,000 mile bad boi
Okay sure

^ It's nothing super special to look at though. I've kept it pretty low key for the last few years. Still makes 280hp though. Pretty happy there.

^ After time, you get these weird easter-egg type things going on, like this ULTRA JDM Hyper Grey Rear Tail-Light Trim lol

^ Burrowed through the original floor mat through many pairs of shoes

^ I made this about a year ago lol. Has a zipper underneath so you can take the cover and wash it in separately from the cushion haha

^ It's real. This came out of JDM Rice's S13 from many years ago. Dunno if anyone here remembers him. SPG Large is comfy enough for me to fall asleep in.

^ This didn't happen because of a single event... this is over the course of many years of resting my elbow there on long trips lol

^ Dashboard looking like your typical ultra-cracked version from an S13 haha

** damn my cell phone camera sucks now lol

Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #12
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
What mileage was on the car when you got it?

The odometer is probably still working but is jammed as the mechanics running those dials are very rough. Try hitting the trip reset a few times and letting it snap back on it's own. I've had the reset mechanism jam on me and had to let the odometer roll a few miles before becoming unjammed. Same is probably happening here.
You're a genius. I did that on my way home from work today, and it successfully rolled to 400,001 miles

I got the car at around 56,000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikouki View Post
I took a odometer apart to reset it but never looked to see if the thousands place just went to 4
.....bit really a single cam in a s14?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Just joking hahah. Senior Veinte D E T

Old 03-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #13
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
a lot of character to this car lol... keep on truckin
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #14
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
this is a good testament of an owner who cares for his car and maintains it properly! keep up the good work and also nice s14!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:37 AM   #15
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmigs View Post

^ it's real. This came out of jdm rice's s13 from many years ago. Dunno if anyone here remembers him. Spg large is comfy enough for me to fall asleep in.
spg profi xl
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
driftballerdet
Leaky Injector

driftballerdet is an unknown quantity at this point
Very cool!!!!
driftballerdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #17
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very cool... but for all the long haulers I gotta ask, what's failed, or what's all been overhaualed? Not consumables(spark pulgs/ oil changes,etc), more like Turbos? Manifolds? Clutches? Timing sets?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:40 PM   #18
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Very cool... but for all the long haulers I gotta ask, what's failed, or what's all been overhaualed? Not consumables(spark pulgs/ oil changes,etc), more like Turbos? Manifolds? Clutches? Timing sets?

Pretty much, I'm guessing that most of the stuff you don't consider a consumable -- I do. lol... turbos and clutches for sure. A long time ago, I got into the mindset that if I'm going to keep the car forever, then everything is technically a "consumable" at one point or another. There's nothing that will last forever... it'll break... eventually... But when you replace it, it'll last you another bazillion miles, so that's ok.

The only major mechanical part that hasn't been replaced or rebuilt is the transmission... well... partially true. I used to plow though KA transmissions like a mofo when I ran the factory-recommended oil weight of 75w-90. On my final KA trans, I started running 75w-140, and then when I went SR, i stayed with that weight oil and haven't had any issues with my SR transmission since.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:03 PM   #19
JadedNazgul
Leaky Injector

JadedNazgul is an unknown quantity at this point
Badass! Future Petrolicious video right here. Congrats man!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:52 PM   #20
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
Pretty much, I'm guessing that most of the stuff you don't consider a consumable -- I do. lol..
Guess i should have been more specific.haha. Was more or less wondering 'how many of' ______ , type of thing.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #21
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Guess i should have been more specific.haha. Was more or less wondering 'how many of' ______ , type of thing.

Mmm.. a few that I can remember off the top of my head...

4 turbos
5 exhausts
4 transmissions
4 diffs
6 clutch kits
3 flywheels
2 drive shafts
2 front subframes
3 sets of headlights
4 or 5 front bumpers
3 sets of side skirts
3 sets of rear tail lights
2 or 3 front windshields
and other junk that i probably forgot about

Old 03-28-2018, 09:53 PM   #22
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Daaaaaayyum, wasn't expecting that.lol.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:27 PM   #23
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Daaaaaayyum, wasn't expecting that.lol.

I think... I could have probably built another car or 2 if the parts went to different chassis lol.

Oh man... last one:

2 sets of springs
2 sets of shocks
6 or 7 sets of coilovers

rofl

I dunno... I've got zero ragreets. a long time ago, one of my neighbors told me... you treat your car well, and it will treat you well. So far, that saying has always been true. go figure.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:38 PM   #24
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
How long did it take for you to put this many miles on it? More specifically how many years have you been driving this thing for?

Has it been your daily?
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:42 PM   #25
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukizhang View Post
How long did it take for you to put this many miles on it? More specifically how many years have you been driving this thing for?

Has it been your daily?
17 years, and yes it has been my daily.

Last edited by MrMigs; 03-28-2018 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: 17 years actually
Old 03-28-2018, 11:31 PM   #26
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
My s14 odometer stopped working at 123k miles.
Wabash9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:32 AM   #27
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is awesome man! Heres to another 100k!
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:26 AM   #28
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Hope to hit numbers half as high once I get my s14 back on the skreets and up to doing daily duties

Great work OP!
Old 03-29-2018, 06:45 AM   #29
FweshStance

FweshStance is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone does V8 engine but SR20 good!
FweshStance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:12 AM   #30
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict