Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:11 PM   #12331
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd suggest future of the "enthusiast's" automobile. There is as many non-RWD converation, as there is cars that 98% of zilvians can't even afford so...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #12332
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Annnnnnd the C8.R! Call it generic looking if you want. Shit looks fucking rad imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh that is just sick!

As far as changing the thread title not a bad idea, lots of us have bought different cars and discuss different cars as things have changed drastically.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 10-11-2019 at 09:18 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:52 PM   #12333
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
title changed... any objections?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #12334
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3M3Gf9g...=110c7bd75831z
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:35 PM   #12335
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I’d asked that of the thread creator.....
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #12336
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
what in the name of fuck was that?!

Old 10-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #12337
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
2019 lightning lap results. very impressed with the gt3rs and urus

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ning-lap-2019/
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #12338
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like the gag order has been lifted and results are coming in on the C8:

Motor Trend

Car and Driver

Road & Track

Looks like C and D may be doing a little more swinging than the other two...
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #12339
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
reviews are pretty awful. what I got out of the road and track review was that it does great in straight line, understeers, doesnt handle well at the limit. comfortable for old farts to cruise in.

seems more like a touring car. hoping it gets sorted out somehow, and really hoping hard thats the case. would suck bad if the way the car drives is intentional.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #12340
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So how do those reviews compare to the reviews when the base C7 was coming out?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #12341
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
or change it to "Future SHITBOX Thread" since thats what all these cars will wind up being anyway lol
I cosign this one, as I am always in this thread or on the lookout for newer cars that will (at least, eventually) fit that same slot that the 240sx did for me...
- cheap
- disposable
- lightweight
- RWD coupe
- great support
Old 10-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #12342
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So how do those reviews compare to the reviews when the base C7 was coming out?
Exactly,

When I hear understeer, I think easily corrected street safety. As much as manufacturers love to brag about track times, they are just as concerned with killing inexpenerienced drivers with snap over steer.

I doubt the car has the Subaru nose plow problem.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #12343
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I cosign this one, as I am always in this thread or on the lookout for newer cars that will (at least, eventually) fit that same slot that the 240sx did for me...

- cheap

- disposable

- lightweight

- RWD coupe

- great support
So "You need a Mustang Thread"
Old 10-16-2019, 06:12 AM   #12344
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Looks like the gag order has been lifted and results are coming in on the C8:

Motor Trend

Car and Driver

Road & Track

Looks like C and D may be doing a little more swinging than the other two...
Yeah I wasn’t expecting a flawless car by any means. I’m sure if they compared a 2014 C7 to the first year C8 the C8 beats it in every way.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #12345
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I recall the C7 stingray pulled more g's, had a shorter stopping distance, was around 200 lbs lighter. reviewers weren't complaining about the steering and noticeable understeer. Reviewers seemed disappointed in the response of the DCT compared to Porsche, but realistically what can you expect there? I will definitely say it was a poor choice by not offering a manual.

The C7 was most likely better than the C6 in every way, but the reviewers for the C8 seemed more placating than genuinely excited.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #12346
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I recall the C7 stingray pulled more g's, had a shorter stopping distance, was around 200 lbs lighter. reviewers weren't complaining about the steering and noticeable understeer. Reviewers seemed disappointed in the response of the DCT compared to Porsche, but realistically what can you expect there? I will definitely say it was a poor choice by not offering a manual.

The C7 was most likely better than the C6 in every way, but the reviewers for the C8 seemed more placating than genuinely excited.
This is also the Media Entertainment Industrial Complex we are talking about here.

I'll reserve judgment until I can see for myself or actual enthusiast content.

Would not shock me to see butthurt journalists looking to nitpick and cry or just being edgy and snooty for personnel validation and revenue.

Understeer doesn't surprise me. It's a base model and GM doesn't want to see a slew of snap oversteer crashes.

C7 ZR1 and Z06 are comptely different then a regular Stingray.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #12347
Corbic
Post Whore!

Saw this last night.

Like, um... What!!?

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/15/...acr-track-car/

Quote:
Dodge will reportedly celebrate the Challenger's 50th birthday by introducing a track-focused variant of the coupe that will resurrect the American Club Racer (ACR) nameplate. It will arrive as a cocktail of the automaker's best race-bred parts, including bits and pieces sourced from the defunct Viper.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #12348
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i actually like the Challenger... and the new Camaro.

had a new 4 cyl turbo Camaro here at the shop getting its windshield replaced (was damaged during transport). i got to sit in it and fiddle a bit. super nice car, though i hate the huge blind spot caused by that tiny rear side window (stupid modern safety bullshit). clutch was really squishy though, i expected something a bit firmer!

Old 10-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #12349
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
i actually like the challenger... and the new Camaro.

Big fan of the Challenger for many reasons.

I'm seriously interested in what Dodge does and what the outcome is. Hopefully it's 392 based and not a HC/RE varient.

4,200lb track special....

GT350 vs 1320
Old 10-18-2019, 07:26 AM   #12350
Corbic
Post Whore!

Thks new Supra is gonna hurt feelings TX2K this spring.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #12351
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Meanwhile, in the hurt feelings-mobile...

Old 10-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #12352
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Holy shit 9’s already?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #12353
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Wow that is really fast. Was this at Mfest?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:21 PM   #12354
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Puerto Ricans doing Puerto Rican things in Puerto Rico apparently. The vid description says they managed it with just nitrous, exhaust, slicks and some minor weight reduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxj8lGxdIc4
Old 10-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #12355
rvns14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (18)
rvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Puerto Ricans doing Puerto Rican things in Puerto Rico apparently. The vid description says they managed it with just nitrous, exhaust, slicks and some minor weight reduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxj8lGxdIc4
Capitol Raceway in Crofton MD.
rvns14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #12356
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That title change messed with me. Thought this was a whole new thread until I started reading the comments.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #12357
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.motortrend.com/news/dodg...ggest-baddest/

The wide body treatment totally changes the look of the Challenger into something I can tolerate and actually like. I hate green sea, but I dig this audacity of this car.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #12358
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

yeah they are nice looking cars. cool paint options too that I wish other manufacturers would apply. saw a yellow on black demon (not super rare in los angeles) the other day and it was stunning on the road. nice exhaust and no obnoxious burbles either.

hope dodge makes a widebody acr grand caravan some day.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:20 PM   #12359
Corbic
Post Whore!

FCA's marketing is spot on too.

https://youtu.be/1pi4RrMtumI

https://youtu.be/3vD6A6NxySQ

https://youtu.be/2kEzZ3JLTk8

https://youtu.be/o9utmZvcdd4