Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #601
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Fitment Guru's
OK. Heres the Question I'd like to know

S14 Running BN 30mm Front fenders and 50mm Rears
WEDS Wheels
Sizes 19x9f and 19x10R
*What offsets would allow Good fitment with the above setup with out INsane Amounts of camber to fit. I'm trying to Set it up for no more than -3 F and -1+/- Rear

So far its down to:
19x9 -32 FF Hi Disc
19x10-32 FR face or FF -27 Lo-disc

FYI: Reason for the sizing is due to 1:Needs 1/4 repairs and going Kouki front anyway(fenders needed) - Alignment setup ,Cost and possibility or Putting them on another car if I ever Sell the S14.Lastly - Dish.
Not a Balls out Drift car. Will be daily.

Frizzle BN Fender setup runs 9.5 -44 FF and Runs what lookes to be -6 in the front camber wise.
He also Runs FF face on fronts and rears.
Decisions,decisions - Need to order these in the next week or 2 to get them on the way.

Last edited by MrFairlady; 01-24-2012 at 04:23 PM..
MrFairlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #602
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Your front offset choice should be just about dead on. I was running 17X10 +7 with 245/40s, the 9 -32 is 26mm further out then that. So if you're going to run 215/40s you might want to go with a 9.5 -30 or something close to that.

As for the rear, I had 17X9 -2 with 215/45s and roughly -2.5ยบ of camber and the 10 -32 will sit 43mm further out then that. So that gives you another degree of camber to mess with (its ~6mm of clearance per degree of camber). If you want to be extra safe you can run the -27.

The black S14 in Australia with BN widebody has 18X9.5 -26 and 18X11 -15 and appears to have close to 0 camber. The 11 -15 will sit 4mm further in then the 10 -32.

Out of curiosity why are you only going to run 9 and 10" wheels on 30 and 50mm widebody? You can easily fit 9s and 10s on stock body.....I mean you can run 10s and 11s on stock body too, why not get something a little wider to fit as much wheel as you can?

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #603
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Out of curiosity why are you only going to run 9 and 10" wheels on 30 and 50mm widebody? You can easily fit 9s and 10s on stock body.....I mean you can run 10s and 11s on stock body too, why not get something a little wider to fit as much wheel as you can?
I figured that would come up.
I prices these last year & The cost of the Wheels in that size for 19's alone, after WED's price increase last Feb, was already like $3100+/- in 19" fitment.

Sure I'd love to Run a tad wider but I need front fenders for Kouki anyway (Rear 1/4's are banged and Rolled shitty by Prev owner) and I Don't really like BN sports Aero w/o Wide fenders.IMO.
Its a tad overkill.
I'm running crazy camber on my Other car for Clearance and Would rather not Run sUper camber but njust a bit depending on Tire size I choose.No Crazy Stretch.(won't need to obviously)
***Plus Those wheels Look kinda Shitty in anything other Than A Huge Lip.
So I also Don't want to Rub like crazy and + I forgot,I'm going to RUN 19" wheels.(Not 18. Whoops just noticed I put 18)

B: this car I may not have Forever, and Would love to Put these on another car (Infiniti sedan 1 day) and Quit Spending $2600-$3000+ on wheels.

Its a Tad Soft In size I'll admit but for what I'm looking for, an Extra 1/2 inch width may come into play on the fronts and the rears (pricing Jumps up a bunch) but It will also make for Decent Tire sizing and price As well being 19's.

Wide but the Offset is Super Deep too:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #604
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Thanks For the help though. Thats great Info.I really DO to need to Find the Best Balance of Lip and poke For the Fenders.

Plus the Right face and Size. I've had 11.5 inch wide wheels on my Supra and Would rather Focus on Style with this car than Grip. I'm only running 2871,etc etc so Its not a Blitz KKK setup.

Stock Body I've pretty much Gave up on only because I don't feel like Working on the rear of this Car anyway and Would rather Cut it Up.

FF face Loosk Great in Low offsets
FR in the rear only (FF up front for Brake Clearance) I'm afraid Might not look Right.
I think Even ReaPer is Running FF front and rear too.

damn So much to Observe on others fitment.
119mm front lip and 139mm Rear Sounds Good but you have to also Focus on Rim Thickness which is (on my VSKF's) like 10mm +/- of that Dish depending on design.So it could be eben less lip when I get them.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #605
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
I gotya, pricing makes perfect sense, haha. Have you considered looking at a different set of wheels? LXZs are fucking gorgeous, but are the Weds Vishnus cheaper at all? I fucking love those wheels and no one is rocking them on a S-chassis that I know of. It will obviously look great with the LXZs, but there are 2 BN cars (Frizzle and Reaper) and Om1Kron....all koukis....running them already. Obviously everyone is across this country or across the world, but just a thought, especially if it saved you some money.

Here they are just in case you're interested in seeing them:

It doesn't matter what you do because it'll look great, just offering a little suggestion.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #606
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
MarcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I love those Vishnu's.

FF fronts and FR rear's wont look odd atall, it's what mine are. The FF in high disc only just clears my R32 GTR callipers so if you have BBK you might want to consider that too.
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #607
d-man478
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
d-man478 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Question for you guys.

S13 Hatch
xxr 527 17x9.75 +25
5mm Spacer in front to clear coils
I have a 235/45 Rear and 225/45 front

If I go up to a 245 or 255 will I need overfenders and what size would I need?

I will post pics if needed.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #608
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I gotya, pricing makes perfect sense, haha. Have you considered looking at a different set of wheels? LXZs are fucking gorgeous, but are the Weds Vishnus cheaper at all? I fucking love those wheels and no one is rocking them on a S-chassis that I know of. It will obviously look great with the LXZs, but there are 2 BN cars (Frizzle and Reaper) and Om1Kron....all koukis....running them already. Obviously everyone is across this country or across the world, but just a thought, especially if it saved you some money.

Here they are just in case you're interested in seeing them:

It doesn't matter what you do because it'll look great, just offering a little suggestion.
Well Those Do Look Amazing!!! I'll check on those.
I'm such a Wheel whore and don't want to Regret such a Purchase(Still need to sell my wheels) but your are Right...I do like being able to see what My car Will Essentially look like with those cars mentioned above.

I've been sitting my My BN Skirts waiting for the fenders for a good few months just Waiting for this Amazing Tax return supposed to hit my Account on the 29th for "the Purchase".
+ theres only a few In my Area with even close to Desirable Wheels, other than the typical Rotas and Some guys with Taste. No one Would ever see this Coming.

these would be the most Expensive wheels I've purchased from CCW's,2-3 sets of VOLKS,Work VSkf's and Now these. I do need to Shop around But 19's is the Diameter For sure.

your input on what You've prev crammed into your Stock UN-Modified Fenders gives me an Idea of the mount of offset to run To make the most of these Front & rear fenders in "Looks" of course on my end.Not so much "fitment" as whole.

Thanks for all the input.
Got some homework to for sure Thanks Knoop/Marc for the heads up.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #609
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

Just to help a bit more maybe...

I have 18x9.5 -14 (FF, high disc) with RB 30mm fenders running 215.40 and at a guess -3 or -4 camber. That has plenty of room still.

Rears are 19x10.5 -26 (FR, lo disc) again with 30mm RB overs. I havent finalized the tyres yet but they just sit in there with a 235.35 and arms set to stock length. I do intend to pinch the overs to make them bigger to loose some camber.

With 50mm rears you'd be laughing with my spec's.

Hope this is usefull to you.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #610
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

nice.Love it man.Pretty much what I'm going for and I even love the aero.
My car in guestion Had that aero going on:

these wheels are for sale and are 18x9 +30 and 18x10 +6 discontinued Work Termist.

So With 19x10 and 50mm's would you say go -32 FR?

thats about the camber I'd like to be in the front as well.

**Sounds like I need to go up a half inch on each (making it 10.5r and 9.5f) damn that will prob add like $300 more to the wheels with my luck.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #611
JEFFSOBOMB
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JEFFSOBOMB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did anyone have a setup with XXR 521's? I'm thinking of copping 18X8.5 fronts, and 18X10 rears. If you don't know what i'm talking about, they're these: XXR Wheels: 521 18x10 Flat Gun Metal Rims

I'm mediocre when it comes to knowledge with these things, which is why i'm going to you guys. Will I need to do fender rolls/pulls to make it work on my stock s14 body? Also, I want to stretch my tires and get start getting my car stanced, so what tires should I run there?
Also, I think spacers might be necessary.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #612
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
whats up guys i was planning on running

17x8 +8
17x8 +28

215/40 on both what size spacer you guys think i should run?
i was thinking something around 15-20mm

on a stock body s14
all stock arms
qwerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 AM   #613
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
In all honesty, I'd stay away from 19s for the simple fact that the tire selection for them sucks. If you want some good sticky tires, your selections are slim and cost a grip.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #614
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
**Sounds like I need to go up a half inch on each (making it 10.5r and 9.5f) damn that will prob add like $300 more to the wheels with my luck.

Thanks man.

It would seem that very similar spec's to mine would work well for you.

But this man has a valid point \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
In all honesty, I'd stay away from 19s for the simple fact that the tire selection for them sucks. If you want some good sticky tires, your selections are slim and cost a grip.
My hunt for the right tyre that doesn't cost the earth is still ongoing.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #615
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Fitting 19s is no joke, I have a lot of respect for people who run crazy set ups ever since I did the fender work on the white S15....

He was running 245/35s on the rear 10.5s.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #616
project 240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
project 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone have a pic or know how well a 18x10.5 +20 will fit on the FRONT of a 95 Silvia?
project 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #617
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

That wont fit on the front, you'll be hitting your coilovers.

You will have to space it out to a +0 to clear your coils. You'll either need a good pull or some 20mm fiberglass fenders for that to work.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 01-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #618
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Widest I'd run up front is 10j if you drive the car hard...

As far as running 19" tires, when I had 19s in the rear...only cheap sticky option I had was Nitto NT05s. Run me about $180 each from citytireonline for a 235/35-19s. Most companies doesnt make their top performing tires for anything larger than 18s. If they do, it cost 3x as much. Hell, even Hankook RS3s cost $190 for their 235/40-18 but their 235/35-19 cost over $300.

Here's my 19x10 -3 rears with 235/35 NT05s

CLICK HERE!!!

Last edited by fliprayzin240sx; 01-25-2012 at 11:47 PM..
Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #619
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hoping this is the right place for some input. i have some 18x13 +6 offset wheels for the rear of my s13 hatch, 50mm widebody and looking for as little camber as possible..probably in the -2 to -3* range max for traction reasons. i plan on mounting them with 295/35 tires cuz i can get them at a decent price.

any input on how much camber? or pics of someone running similar sizing on a hatch? i was trying to find out how to bow the overs out to make them wider but everywhere i look i cant find out how.
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #620
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
hoping this is the right place for some input. i have some 18x13 +6 offset wheels for the rear of my s13 hatch, 50mm widebody and looking for as little camber as possible..probably in the -2 to -3* range max for traction reasons. i plan on mounting them with 295/35 tires cuz i can get them at a decent price.

any input on how much camber? or pics of someone running similar sizing on a hatch? i was trying to find out how to bow the overs out to make them wider but everywhere i look i cant find out how.
Get the wheels/tires on, cut the stock fenders high, reweld them back shut, get a full alignment to what you want to run, make the overfenders fit. You basically rivet the top just to hold the overfenders in place, then you push the bottoms toward each other to bow the fenders out. Do that until you get the fenders over the wheel and then rivet it in place while bowed.

Honestly, you probably wont even have to bow the fenders out. I'm running 18x10.5 +10 rears on stock fenders. Using the wheel offset calculator, 18x13+6 will only stick out 35mm further out.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #621
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

thanks a bunch man. i asked multiple times in the small questions thread and no one could tell me how to bow them. cant wait to see the wheels on the car
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #622
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

Knoop, you got any more photo's of that rear tyre setup? What tyre was it?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #623
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Get the wheels/tires on, cut the stock fenders high, reweld them back shut, get a full alignment to what you want to run, make the overfenders fit. You basically rivet the top just to hold the overfenders in place, then you push the bottoms toward each other to bow the fenders out. Do that until you get the fenders over the wheel and then rivet it in place while bowed.

Honestly, you probably wont even have to bow the fenders out. I'm running 18x10.5 +10 rears on stock fenders. Using the wheel offset calculator, 18x13+6 will only stick out 35mm further out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
thanks a bunch man. i asked multiple times in the small questions thread and no one could tell me how to bow them. cant wait to see the wheels on the car
S13s are super narrow compared to S14s though, so it'll be a bit of a bitch to fit those 13s. We were running almost -4 and some 265/35/18s to get that same size to fit on my friend's 50mm rear S13 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14a.marc View Post
Knoop, you got any more photo's of that rear tyre setup? What tyre was it?

They're Falken FK452s or whatever the number is.

Here are some other shots:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2675/3...9aaf5b4b_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3470/3...fef3ab40_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2511/3...5bdb64d4_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2464/3...3328b172_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2647/3...2d1f5bb6_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2455/3...5771efe6_o.jpg

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #624
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
S13s are super narrow compared to S14s though, so it'll be a bit of a bitch to fit those 13s. We were running almost -4 and some 265/35/18s to get that same size to fit on my friend's 50mm rear S13 coupe.
ive seen a bunch of pics on rim tuck of similar sized (12 wide, but lower offset) wheels on hatch's that didnt look like they had ridiculous camber. i might just mod the wide fenders to flare out more and if i ever get a less aggressive wheel i'll just buy new fenders and rivet on
Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #625
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Here's my 19x10 -3 rears with 235/35 NT05s

^^^^Nice,so what Would you say that pull/Roll Allowed you clearance wise?? 30mm+/-?? more??

----revisiting my Wheel size choices-------
The more I look at the setup I'm attempting to Run in front is.** Re3per's BN car is Running what looks like a ton of camber in the front and His are 18x9.5-26 FF.
mine I think will be 19x9 -23 Mid disc (no BBK) so I can hopefully Run, maybe -3 to -4max camber

Rears I've been Looking at 3 diff cars with that fender setup:
The red Hawaiian car (Reaper and Frizzle's and front camber is Way more than I want to run) that was BN'd had 18x11.5 -23 and still had to run a Super strech Tire to clear the fender with his camber setup.

His Front sits Good at 18x9.5 -7 with 30mm fenders.But in LXZ's they'd look kinda Strange in that offset I would think.

Mine Essentially will be 19x10 -32 FR and I hope I can Run a Decent Size Tire & only moderate camber -1 to -2 to stick to the edge.
Now I may end up running 50mm Chargespeeds instead of BN due to Finances and They almost look Hardly Buldged as much as BN.

I'm still Shocked at Reading some of the spec';s on these BN kitted cars only because Some look Like they are Really cambering or Strecthing what I would think Would fit fine. Man I'm frustrated. Ravspec hasn't gotten my quote for me yet on the 19 inchers but 18's could be in my Future also but I just Didn't want to be Sliding across the ground and 19's give me some extra room off the ground.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #626
kouki-gymkhana
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
kouki-gymkhana is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Didn't get any responses earlier in the thread but I would appreciate any thoughts you have to offer...

Trying to run 18x9.5+14 up front on an s13 with oem Silvia fenders. I am aware that I will have to break out the BFH and go to work on the wheel wells but I am trying to run as much tire up front as possible (235/40 continental extreme contact DW). The car will not be super low as it still has to be functional and I'm willing to run as much as 4 degrees of camber up front if I can get it with slotted lower mounts and maxed camber plates. Coil overs are a custom ground control/Koni setup. What would be the optimal tire size and how beefy are the contis? Would 225/40 be a better option? Rears are 18x10+20 and I'm planning on 245/40 or 255/35, same Continentals. Fenders and susp arms will be SPL all around but I plan on a roll and mild pull. Thoughts on which size would be best?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #627
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

I run 18x9 +13 on s14 lca's slammed with 215/35 and it requires about -5+ to clear fenders.
You will need to be 4x4 to make that work with any tire larger that a 225/40 I would think.

I switched back to s13 Lca to remove some camber for as low as my front is. I'm tucking the tiniest bit though.
Will require some smash for sure.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #628
4dalolz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
4dalolz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
trying to get more info, but i just bought some 18x9.5 +25 with 225/40 all around, and i have an s14 lowered with fenders rolled. i was told i would need spacers up front because it will hit coil. is this true? or what would i need to do and what size spacers?
-thanks!
4dalolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #629
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dalolz View Post
trying to get more info, but i just bought some 18x9.5 +25 with 225/40 all around, and i have an s14 lowered with fenders rolled. i was told i would need spacers up front because it will hit coil. is this true? or what would i need to do and what size spacers?
-thanks!
All depends on what kind of coilover...personally, I'll get extended studs and get 10mm spacers.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #630
4dalolz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
4dalolz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think they are megan coils lol with adjustable camber
4dalolz is offline   Reply With Quote