Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
plan to move up north !!

Hello everyone

my name is peter and currently live in Fullerton CA,
I and my wife are going to move to OR, or WA this December.
but most likely near Portland OR area...

we both have job waiting for us both states near Seattle and Portland...
we have been to WA, OR several times but Local people knows
pros and cons of both states... since they so close each other...

please advise your opinions about both states and both cities..

we have booked flight to Seattle on 26th of this month and will plan to
drive around both states to look around...

most importantly !
i need to know where are all the nissan enthusiasts at !!
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
its cloudy?
Ben G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
well let me know how it is im in the same process lol ..

only to Edmonds.

G/L
Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post
well let me know how it is im in the same process lol ..

only to Edmonds.

G/L
I dont think there are many people who are active on this forum from North west...

going to WA, OR in 12days !!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
K_style
Post Whore!

anyone ???
Old 09-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
My fiance and I just moved up to Portland from LA. It's fucking awesome man. My SR passed smog. My registration is good for 2 years. The cops don't hassle me. There's a ton of work and just overall a bunch of chill people. Hit me up when you get up here. We'll go PBR it up.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeLite Racing View Post
My fiance and I just moved up to Portland from LA. It's fucking awesome man. My SR passed smog. My registration is good for 2 years. The cops don't hassle me. There's a ton of work and just overall a bunch of chill people. Hit me up when you get up here. We'll go PBR it up.

your SR passed smog ?

so they have smog.. but how did you pass it ?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

im convinced..

stock SR's pass smog by takin out some vacumm hose or something . had a few friends pass legit and this was in las vegas. but the swap is still illegal. but you get what im sayin
Old 09-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
your SR passed smog ?

so they have smog.. but how did you pass it ?
Yes. Out here it's called DEQ. I met with a few people out here who have been telling me not to sweat it, but let me tell you I was sweating it big time.

Firstly my 240, in general, was illegal as fuck in California. I couldn't even drive it on the street without worrying about getting an impound. Out here in Portland, I can pull up right beside a cop without him looking twice.

Secondly, my SR has a T28R (S15 Spec R turbo), boosting 11psi, and everything under the hood is illegal in California.

I had some worries about passing DEQ: I have no 02 sensors, the shit runs like it has cams, everything is polished, half the car is carbon fiber, and most importantly my check engine light would be on if I had not disconnected it.

In Oregon, the requirement is 200ppm's on idle. My SR passed at 30ppm's. They DO in fact check for a catalytic converter. I was running Megan Drifspec 3", but fortunately my friend Aron (racepar1) was selling a Fujisobo 3" exhaust with a cat. They visualized it. That was it.

As long as it isn't OBDII you are fine.
They even asked me to pop the hood. After the guy scratched his head for a bit he closed it.
Here is a present picture of my SR, just to give you an idea.

Some counties don't require a DEQ, but if you are in Washington county, they do require it.
Also, registration is good for 2 years out here, and less than half of what California charges YEARLY.
Modifying your car is NOT illegal as long as it can pass emissions.

Also, just so you know, we don't get exhaust tickets out here...
Or tint tickets..
In closing, Portland is awesome.
Get at me when you move up.

Quote:
im convinced..

stock SR's pass smog by takin out some vacumm hose or something . had a few friends pass legit and this was in las vegas. but the swap is still illegal. but you get what im sayin
NO NO NO! See above for my experience.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
K_style
Post Whore!

Sounds good !
I kept my car registered in AZ because of that smog thing in CA...
mine is 97 kouki OBD II .. so i might keep register it in AZ...

So ! my flight is this Saturday.. we will arrive in Seattle WA, and drive to Eugene OR.
we are thinking to live in Salem OR,

have you seen many interesting cars so far ?
every time I went to Portland I did not see a single interesting cars...

at least I know you are there !!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #11
ZipTie Clothing
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ZipTie Clothing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZipTie Clothing
I have a friend in Portland who loves it. He wants to move back here to St.Louis, but just because he misses his friends.

He loves the geography and he clouds don't bother him but the people are a little nuts he says, and not too tolerant of any machine that my inadvertently kill a polar bear. The police don't really care and they can go run the mountains with no interference.

He drives a dumped, silver mx73 Cressida on some Hotwheels with a plaid Bride fixed bucket, if you happen to spot it. Works valet a some restaurant. His name is Andrew.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

all this info is really nice !!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
K_style
Post Whore!

I am in Eugene right now.. college town..
I and my wife checked around and it seems Beaverton is best place to live.
and close to Portland to go to work and stuff...
noticed there were more interesting cars than last year when i came..
i saw many Genesis coupe and STIs , WRXs, EVOs but not a single nice S13, S14
hope i get to see them more when i move up !
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Quote:
I am in Eugene right now.. college town..
I and my wife checked around and it seems Beaverton is best place to live.
and close to Portland to go to work and stuff...
noticed there were more interesting cars than last year when i came..
i saw many Genesis coupe and STIs , WRXs, EVOs but not a single nice S13, S14
hope i get to see them more when i move up !
Beaverton is the place to be man! We got an apartment out here for about 700$ a month. It's huge! And we're about 10 minutes away from downtown Portland.

As for your question:
I see a few S13's daily, a guy that owns a pretty nice hatch works across the street from me.
There are a few meets out here and some pretty clean S13 and S14's show up.
But I mainly see clean STI's, Evo's, etc..
Old 09-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Beaverton is the place to be man! We got an apartment out here for about 700$ a month. It's huge! And we're about 10 minutes away from downtown Portland.

As for your question:
I see a few S13's daily, a guy that owns a pretty nice hatch works across the street from me.
There are a few meets out here and some pretty clean S13 and S14's show up.
But I mainly see clean STI's, Evo's, etc..

Just came back to Cali last night..
man.. first of all the AIR is different... it seems it was easier to breath in OR.

cant wait to move up there.. prob no later than this December..
Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #16
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
man.. first of all the AIR is different... it seems it was easier to breath in OR.

Its all those tree's !! and clean air!

goin there with the wife in a few weeks well washington close to you ( in a way)
Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #17
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Quote:

That's for sure man. It smells like shit now in Los Angeles whenever we go back to visit. I never noticed it before. The air actually....stinks...
Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #18
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Its all those tree's !! and clean air!

goin there with the wife in a few weeks well washington close to you ( in a way)
Quote:
That's for sure man. It smells like shit now in Los Angeles whenever we go back to visit. I never noticed it before. The air actually....stinks...

I guess its only 3 of us who is active on this forum ?? ? haha

cant wait to move up . .
Old 10-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #19
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Quote:
I guess its only 3 of us who is active on this forum ?? ? haha

cant wait to move up . .
Haha shit I guess so. I here you guys are getting some rain in Socal. We are too, but it's not gonna go away for a couple months. Hahahahaha I fucking LOVE the rain!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Oh and Peter, I PM'ed you a link I think might help you out a bit in your apartment search. Enjoy
Old 10-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #21
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh and Peter, I PM'ed you a link I think might help you out a bit in your apartment search. Enjoy
thanks for the link.. but.. we are looking for house.. with "GARAGE" !!!
something we couldnt get here in LA !!

haha..

I fuckin love rain too... too bad I cant drive my car right now...
I am taking ugly ass red top out
Old 10-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
there is more, just have to know where to look, **cough cough sig cough cough**and not be a scene kid.

such as my link.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #23
K_style
Post Whore!

I have been good kid. married good kid. . . dont worry.. =)

cant wait to move up there seriously..

hate LA . .
Old 10-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #24
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Fuck LA. Portland for life yo! Think I'm moving to Chicago within the next couple years.

Then Boston....

Then Amsterdam.....
Old 10-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #25
87turbo

87turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Seattle/Tacoma is great. Many many nice cars. Northwestnissans.com has a great meet every spring in Seattle. Lots of Z cars too.
87turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #26
two40silvia
Leaky Injector

two40silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
tacoma for sure. we have upgarage! aka fairlady motors. you want some nissan fanatics in the nw, tacoma is definitely the place to go. and its only like 30 min from seattle, depending on traffic and what not.
two40silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #27
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Portland is one of America's best kept city secrets. I'm Canadian but i stayed for a month downtown portland for business and thought it was just a great town.
Its also a great that you can find out about details like emission testing and such ahead of going.
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
I live in Seattle. I pretty much grew up here sans a few months in China and about a year in Japan. I really like it up here, although the traffic is RIDICULOUS at times. I like it better than Portland, but then again the only reason I've ever gone to P-town is to meet up girls, so i don't usually spend much time going around ^_-
I have family in Eugene though, and I can't tell much difference in the climate between Washington and Oregon, except Oregon is def more laid back.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 AM   #29
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
I used to live in seattle. it has its pro's and con's like any other place. shitty roads, shitty weather except for 2 months in the summer, clean crisp air, rush hour traffic starting at 1:00pm, ridiculous taxes and sales distribution on alcohol and tobacco, dirty streets, ridiculous cost of living, fierce law enforcement, close to Vacouver BC which is awesome to go to. I like Portland more and the people there. i couldnt stand to live in seattle any more, too dark, too depressing.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:24 AM   #30
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
I used to live in seattle. it has its pro's and con's like any other place. shitty roads, shitty weather except for 2 months in the summer, clean crisp air, rush hour traffic starting at 1:00pm, ridiculous taxes and sales distribution on alcohol and tobacco, dirty streets, ridiculous cost of living, fierce law enforcement, close to Vacouver BC which is awesome to go to. I like Portland more and the people there. i couldnt stand to live in seattle any more, too dark, too depressing.
oh yeah. sales tax is up to 10% and cost of living is up as well. @_@ bellevue is a lot better as far as roads are concerned. i'm finding myself spendig more and more time on the east side. the 130pm-6pm traffic is avoidable unless you need to go over one of the bridges, in which case good luck. yeah popos are a big pita, although they've been nicer to me since i've been driving my 240.