Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
SR20edS14

Trader Rating: (0)
SR20edS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SR20edS14
Seattle people

hey whos from seattle or surrounding area. I am going to be moving there from hawaii in the next year or two. any good drifting spots, tracks, places to hang out.

Also do you guys have safety check,smog check, or reconstruction permits??
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
beehderty

beehderty is an unknown quantity at this point
hey sup welcome to seattle. love it up here. as for drift spots. not really just at the events which are like every month either in seattle or portland. and depending how old you are and if your asian lol.. the clubs are great..

um depending on what city you have smog checks..

go to northwestnissans.com or nissanpacific.com or kungfutouge.com

but yea youll like it up here
beehderty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
TougeNinja
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
TougeNinja is making a name for him/her selfTougeNinja is making a name for him/her selfTougeNinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
smog isnt bad at all over here in WA if u ask me. cops are dicks tho, street drifting is very risky round here, but i guess if u find a good spot go for it if you think its worth the risk. as for events, the warmer seasons are pretty lively, events at evergreen speedway (monroe) and south sound (olympia) are prtty regualar, as well as events down in portland OR. one thing that pisses me off tho is that ppl are to pussy to have events in the rain, even tho were one of the rainiest states here... doesnt really make much sense to me. the scene is prtty cool tho, cool ppl cool places. its not bad
TougeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
SR20edS14

thanks guys, I dont really street drift, i used to go to our driftsession events everymonth when our one track was open. but now its closed and i havent really had fun with my car since.

for smog i dont know if my car could pass. i have a sr and i run straight 4in piping with a gutted apex muffler.

I was thinking of moving to bellevue or renton.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
northwestnissans.com would be your best link to the damp northwest!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Amen to NorthwestNissans.com and KungFuTogue.

NWN has great classifeds, and if you're coming before the end of march, its gonna be a kickass meet, last year was 300 cars...

KFT has most of the local drifters on there, its ziptied-esque so don't ask dumb questions and such haha.

Events last year were decent but this year is SERIOUSLY lacking, the first event last year was in january and now our first event is down in portland on the 11th... There has been no word on when/if events will be held at evergreen this year, there will probably be a few before Formula D comes in July but that's probably it.

Overall the NW is a pretty cool place, it just takes a bit more searching to find good events/shops/people than it would in socal and such. I'm assuming you're used to that living in hawaii and such...

Smog testing is pretty damn lax, you still have to do it but some people say (i dont believe them) that they have passed SR's without cats... Just throw a cat on, dont have any check engine lights and have your motor running proper. I'm not sure if you'll have to do a state patrol inspection, but that should be your main worry...

Welcome to the NW!

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #7
SR20edS14

well i still need to got to school and pay off some bills before i move up. So i got sometime to get a cat on the car. Im not to worried though i have a z i can drive around as well. thanks for the input guys. im gonna need some friends when i get there. I know it sounds gay but anyone got myspace. this is my page, save me if you want i guess. http://www.myspace.com/miatch5
Old 03-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #8
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
People from the regional section are from Seattle.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
SeattleSR20

SeattleSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeNinja
smog isnt bad at all over here in WA if u ask me. cops are dicks tho, street drifting is very risky round here, but i guess if u find a good spot go for it if you think its worth the risk. as for events, the warmer seasons are pretty lively, events at evergreen speedway (monroe) and south sound (olympia) are prtty regualar, as well as events down in portland OR. one thing that pisses me off tho is that ppl are to pussy to have events in the rain, even tho were one of the rainiest states here... doesnt really make much sense to me. the scene is prtty cool tho, cool ppl cool places. its not bad
Welcome, you should like it up here, at least in the summer, it's awesome! I've personally never had problems with cops, I daily drive my S14 with SR & Espelir JGT500, but I do know there are some cities to just avoid. Best of luck finishing your school, and hope to see you on March 25th if you're up here by then!
SeattleSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #10
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
cops really don't care, I you don't like an ass on the streets you are good. Just don't act stupid to the cop. I drive the black hatch in my sig, i've been hassled 1 time. But I wasn't running a front plate, then the cop mentioned something about my exhaust (Apexi N1). Other than that, I can't give you any more advice besides drive safe.
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #11
SR20edS14

Unfortunatly i won't be up there for the march event. Although i do have a free flight i could take off for a week and come up an see how things are. i should probably do that anyway to figure out where im gonna end up living.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #12
SR20edS14

are there any good shops in the seattle area or online stores based there?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #13
zenki_240

zenki_240 is making a name for him/her selfzenki_240 is making a name for him/her selfzenki_240 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20edS14
are there any good shops in the seattle area or online stores based there?
welcome, ^ yeah...."DRIFT OFFICE" is a good place to start!, there in Auburn, WA and mainly focus on parts for S13's, RX7's and AE86's. also theres "Fairlady motors" (aka UP GARAGE) in Tacoma, WA which can do motor swaps if interested.

www.northwestnissans.com, and www.Kungfutouge.com is a good place, like how "jobestudios" mention.
zenki_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
SR20edS14

i dont need anywork done, but its always nice to have friends at a shop. i was wondering more because i might want to work for a shop, possibly drive for a shop too.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
SeattleSR20

SeattleSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 for UP Garage/Fairlady Motors. They are perfectionists, and will not let your car leave their shop until it's done right. Call them up and talk to Doug, he will be able to answer any questions you might have along those lines of working/driving. They are also starting to list some of their parts/services online at upgarageusa.com
SeattleSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote