Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:43 AM   #3511
RedSnow
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RedSnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am ready for another quality project from you!!!
RedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2019, 02:38 PM   #3512
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Still lurking and watching here....
Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnow View Post
I am ready for another quality project from you!!!
Thank you, I hope to be able to pull it off!

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

So last weekend I ended up working late into the night while my kids were asleep and my wife was out of town. After torquing the flywheel bolts, I reinstalled the Comp Clutch Stage 2 unit that came with my SR swap since it appears to be more or less new. I hope to replace it with something nicer down the road, but it will do for now. It's actually the same clutch I have in my hatch right now as well and I don't mind it too much for what it is.

I next turned my attention to the transmission. New input and output seals, bearing cover gasket, shift fork boot, release bearing, and NISMO pivot ball.

Once that was wrapped up, I had a great time bolting up the transmission to the engine. One of my least favorite jobs to do alone, but I got it done fortunately.

Before installing the drivetrain into the car, I cleaned and reinstalled the factory power steering lines. I do hope to replace a couple of these lines before the car is on the road, but haven't bit the bullet and ordered all of them just yet. Soon enough!

I also picked up some heater core hoses from John Kim at TF Works. Thought it would be a good idea to toss that line on before the engine went in as it can be a hassle to get to.

Finally, the engine and trans made their way into the freshly painted bay. I bolted everything down with NISMO engine and trans mounts, along with fresh OEM hardware.

So that's where things stand at the moment! I picked up a rusty 1990 S13 hatch last weekend to part out, so that has been taking up a lot of my time this week (along with my two oldest daughters starting school.) Hope to have that finished up and out of here with a week or two so that I can get back to working on the coupe!

It's a shame the car is so rusty because it is all original. The interior is in awesome shape. I would definitely have loved to have kept it for a daily or winter beater, but that just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, haha.

Hope to have some more progress to share next week!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:46 PM   #3513
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Thanks for sharing Damon. I’m reading this trying to draw some inspiration to get out and wrench on my car. Lol

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #3514
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees_Garage View Post
Thanks for sharing Damon. I’m reading this trying to draw some inspiration to get out and wrench on my car. Lol
Glad it is of use to someone! haha

__________________________________________________ ___________

A bit behind on moving this update over from the blog, but here's the most work I have gotten done on the car:

After I dropped the engine in the coupe, I had to throw some S14 wheels on the hatch (since I sold my silver TEs again a few months back) and move it out of the garage so that the part out hatch could roll in. Seeing the hatch sitting in the driveway during rain storms on S14 wheels is definitely getting old, but it should be back in the garage very soon.

A batch of parts arrived from Nissan about two weeks ago, so I've slowly been working on getting those onto the coupe. The first of which was a brand new dipstick since the one that came with my SR was pretty banged up.

Next was the brand new hood prop and all of the associated clips:

Fresh Z32 fuel filter dropped into place:

Block off plugs on the firewall to keep the car without AC like it came from the factory.

Hardware for the downpipe install. I have a PBM cobra in the basement that I need to find time to install soon. I still need to order an O2 sensor adapter and possibly a new O2 sensor as well...

A slew of new rubber bumpers for the hood:

Silvia headlight brackets, new hardware, and rubber bumpers. I meant to have these painted with the bay but couldn't get them to the painter in time. Maybe later when I finish the car:

Shoutout to Koyo Radiator for hooking me up with a fresh N Flow unit for the coupe. This is the same radiator I am running in my hatch and have never had issues with overheating. Plus it is a nice looking piece!

New radiator bumpers, brackets, and hardware for install:

I next moved on to refreshing the cowl area. I ended up painting the cowl and wiper arms with SEM trim paint and they turned out really nice. I also installed fresh clips and a new seal.

I had sourced the lower metal windshield trim from a 180SX since it is discontinued here in the states thinking the pieces would be the same. I didn't realize there is an indent at the bottom for the cowl and that the cowl is flipped in Japan since the wipers move the opposite direction. I ended up trimming it to fit. There's a bit of a weird gap now, but it looks much better than the old crusty one it replaced:

Before installing the cowl, I also replaced the wiper pivot assemblies. The bolts were stripped on my old ones and they had to be cut off of the car after the engine bay was painted so I elected to replace them.

I haven't gotten anything done on the coupe this week since I have been busy parting out the donor hatch, but I hope to be wrapped up with that this weekend and get back down to business.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #3515
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Like seeing the use of brand new factory bits and the attention to detail! Good stuff, keep up the great work!
Old 11-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #3516
EnvyS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
EnvyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just saw that someone posted a pic of your hatch to reddit, which gave me the nostalgia feels and I re-read this whole thread. I haven't signed onto this account since June 2015, but felt obliged to say that 10+ years after this build started, its still great reading through and seeing your work. Great stuff! Looking forward to seeing some updates to the coupe!

Might be past getting a 240 at this point in my life. They've inflated and its impossible to find a clean chassis in the NE. Definitely gonna use this as inspiration for something at some point though!
EnvyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #3517
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyS13 View Post
Just saw that someone posted a pic of your hatch to reddit, which gave me the nostalgia feels and I re-read this whole thread. I haven't signed onto this account since June 2015, but felt obliged to say that 10+ years after this build started, its still great reading through and seeing your work. Great stuff! Looking forward to seeing some updates to the coupe!

Might be past getting a 240 at this point in my life. They've inflated and its impossible to find a clean chassis in the NE. Definitely gonna use this as inspiration for something at some point though!
Thanks for the kind words! Just found myself on Zilvia today for the first time in nearly a year. I spend most of my time on the blog (www.camryonbronze.com) and instagram (@camryonbronze) these days. I do miss the forums though!

CamryOnBronze.com