Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #12601
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
m2 vs supra comparo. was surprised the supra did so well.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyo...-track-battle/
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #12602
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Supra updated for 2021
- 4cyl turbo at 255hp (another BMW motor)
- 6cyl motor upped to 382hp (should've started with this)

Still no manual in sight.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...a-photos-info/
Old 02-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #12603
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We knew the 4 cyl was coming. What’s interesting is I wonder what effect this has on the 2nd gen 86. Obviously it’s not going to be close to 250hp (which was the magic number I was hoping for) and it’ll have to not get too close to the $40k starting price of the 4 cyl Supra.

I’m very curious to see the strategy they use here.

Interesting indeed.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #12604
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
We knew the 4 cyl was coming. What’s interesting is I wonder what effect this has on the 2nd gen 86. Obviously it’s not going to be close to 250hp (which was the magic number I was hoping for) and it’ll have to not get too close to the $40k starting price of the 4 cyl Supra.

I’m very curious to see the strategy they use here.

Interesting indeed.
Honestly 200hp is not even that bad of a number; it's that 150lbs of torque just needs a bump, badly.

People are having fun all day long in a Fiesta ST with 200hp and 200lbs of torque.

But you're right, this is an interesting situation for them.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:51 PM   #12605
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yep, with modern day engine and turbo technology there's no reason a 200hp car shouldn't make 200 tq also or at least close, if not more.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:19 PM   #12606
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
wouldnt be surprised if the existing supra i6 was already 380hp. original power figures didnt seem all that plausible
Old 02-16-2020, 05:56 AM   #12607
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
https://www.motortrend.com/news/why-...-transmission/

Some good news here on the manual front.

One, there will be a manual for the second gen 86. Sigh of relief.

Second, there seems to definitely be a window open for a manual Supra. In fact, “It is not out of the question to see an update like that.”

So there’s definitely hope. I want to see how many of the boxes the second gen 86 can checks for me. But a manual Supra takes my money in a heartbeat. Don’t care if it’s “slower”.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #12608
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

The cheaper supra does make a compelling arguement for those wanting to modify the car. I'm more interested in seeing how 2jz swaps materialize. I am really liking the bare bones approach although the e lsd is something I would have prefered and wish werent omitted.

Either model seem to be like very reasonable values esp if the i6 trim isnt getting a significant price hike.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #12609
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
STICK OR THE GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

the bullshit excuses given really make me hate new cars, car manufacturers and the fact that laziness is so molly coddled in our society! the demand is there, fucking make it!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:04 AM   #12610
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I agree the demand is there and it’s an excuse. But, it seems there’s some real hope now.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:16 AM   #12611
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
So he says they'll only consider people who want a manual supra if they buy and drive the automatic supra first?
Old 02-17-2020, 08:40 AM   #12612
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So he says they'll only consider people who want a manual supra if they buy and drive the automatic supra first?
No, just demand in general like what dealers are hearing, social media, what they hear at car events they are officially involved in, etc.

We should start #manualA90 on fb and IG or some shit.

Edit: I just tagged Toyota on IG with that.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #12613
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Also...Holden is dead.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/17/...and-australia/

Makes sense since there’s no Commadore. They just sell rebadged Chevys for the rest of the line up.

Sad though.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #12614
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rip Holden.

Looks like they got stagnant. They opted for a v6 instead of the v8 commadores.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:36 PM   #12615
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Also...Holden is dead.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/17/...and-australia/

Makes sense since there’s no Commadore. They just sell rebadged Chevys for the rest of the line up.

Sad though.
So no sense in Holden out for hope...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #12616
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Rip Holden.

Looks like they got stagnant. They opted for a v6 instead of the v8 commadores.
The Commadore became our Buick Regal GS. Granted it’s a good looking car and a good bang for your buck, but it’s no RWD V8 sedan with super sedan editions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
So no sense in Holden out for hope...
I see what you did there.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #12617
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

The Chevy SS was a good one too. Basically US counterpart to the M5. I wonder how these are doing in the used car market nowadays.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #12618
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
The Chevy SS was a good one too. Basically US counterpart to the M5. I wonder how these are doing in the used car market nowadays.
Oh they’re nuts. Especially the manuals. You can’t touch one for less than $30k.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #12619
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I did one of those "extreme driving experiences" a few months back. They had 488 GTB, Huracan, GT2, GTR and McLaren P1 (i think). However all the instructors drove Chevy SS and those were the most impressive car imo just because of how capable they were. They could keep up with all the supercars, albeit with "pro" drivers, but still.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #12620
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I mean the platform itself competes in the Australian Supercar Series and is long and storied. It has a ZO6 engine. It’s as close to a 4 door Vette as we’ll probably ever get.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #12621
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I did one of those "extreme driving experiences" a few months back. They had 488 GTB, Huracan, GT2, GTR and McLaren P1 (i think). However all the instructors drove Chevy SS and those were the most impressive car imo just because of how capable they were. They could keep up with all the supercars, albeit with "pro" drivers, but still.
they appear stock. mostly likely they modify the suspension coilovers, larger swaybars, stickier tires. minor stuff like exhaust, intake, deletes and dyno tuned.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #12622
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Damn, did a quick search. 200 mile radius from me (West Covina), none available in a manual and none less than $28k.

Pontiac G8 GXP: only one available and that was $32k, but also no manual available.

Last edited by Dutchmalmiss; 02-18-2020 at 04:40 PM..
Dutchmalmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #12623
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

For what it's worth all the SS at the event I was at were automatic and they seemed to shift quickly and solid.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:09 AM   #12624
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/18/...e-first-drive/

Another sad day, the “Ultimate Driving Machine” has officially went FWD. sad sad sad. So the new 2 Series is based on the Mini. Certainly a capable platform (although Mini has the lowest owner satisfaction of any brand in the market) but I just don’t get the need to go this route.

And for $46k the S60 R Design is a much more elegant car. And he’ll for that price you can get a Stinger AWD GT.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:51 AM   #12625
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/18/...e-first-drive/

Another sad day, the “Ultimate Driving Machine” has officially went FWD. sad sad sad. So the new 2 Series is based on the Mini. Certainly a capable platform (although Mini has the lowest owner satisfaction of any brand in the market) but I just don’t get the need to go this route.

And for $46k the S60 R Design is a much more elegant car. And he’ll for that price you can get a Stinger AWD GT.
Nothing new. 1-series Hatch has been FWD for a while.

CLA and A3 are as well.

As for Volvo, I'll pass on owning a Chinese car, thanks.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:32 AM   #12626
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE9YTfJg_-w
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #12627
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Nothing new. 1-series Hatch has been FWD for a while.

CLA and A3 are as well.

It is a natural evolution of the market.

I'd wager the average person does not care what wheels drive their car. I'd guess over half don't even know. Most people just want a nice car that looks good, is "sporty" decently fast and has luxury stuff.

I would even go so far as to say the majority of purchases of this car will never drive the car hard enough to even feel the under steer this car will produce.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #12628
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

the look of that atrocity and pricing is downright nauseating. Not really liking the whole bmw exterior designs these days.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #12629
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

How many times are we going to have this discussion? Only a couple of their cars are made in China. Also, they are making BETTER vehicles, in almost every segment than their competitors.

I get it though. I can’t bring myself to even consider anything from FCA. I prefer well designed cars.

But I think you’ve beat the Volvo dead horse enough.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:25 AM   #12630
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
How many times are we going to have this discussion? Only a couple of their cars are made in China. Also, they are making BETTER vehicles, in almost every segment than their competitors.

I get it though. I can’t bring myself to even consider anything from FCA. I prefer well designed cars.

But I think you’ve beat the Volvo dead horse enough.
I don't care where it's made, it's owned by a Chinese company.

Beyond that, the styling and design does nothing for me.

So what am I getting?

A Chinese owned brand with zero dealership network/support at a price in between a Lexus and a Cadillac that leans toward BMW complexity and reliability with Kia resale, but is supposedly nicer then an Audi, more boring then a Buick and the brand cache of a Chrysler.

Yeah, hard pass, I'll buy a Genesis thanks.