Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 05-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Trader Rating: (0)
West has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to West
Post Report: Nissan developing a hybrid version of the Z?

For what it's worth, Best Car magazine in Japan is reporting that Nissan is developing a hybrid version of the Fairlady Z (called the 370Z everywhere else in the world). It's certainly plausible that the company could produce a hybrid Z since the automaker recently launched its own internally developed hybrid system in the Infiniti M. Nissan is even using its own lithium ion battery for its hybrid system.

That's about it for the accurate parts of the report. The rear-wheel-drive hybrid system from the Infiniti should fit into the similarly configured Z, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. It also seems unlikely that Nissan would bother to use hybrid technology from its new relationship with Daimler. The Daimler-Renault-Nissan partnership mainly covers small cars, electrics and diesels.

Using a Daimler diesel engine in the Z also seems like a long-shot given the character of the sports car. Frankly, we think the most likely scenario for the light-weight Z is a simple start-stop system with a downsized and turbo-direct-injection engine.

[Source: Best Car via 4WheelsNews]

_______

Source: Report: Nissan developing a hybrid version of the Z? — Autoblog Green
Old 05-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
Frankly, we think the most likely scenario for the light-weight Z is a simple start-stop system with a downsized and turbo-direct-injection engine.

[Source: Best Car via 4WheelsNews]

_______

Source: Report: Nissan developing a hybrid version of the Z? — Autoblog Green

while they're at it they should make sure that downsized engine is a 2.4 liter, make it more econo-box by stripping weight/amenities, subtly redesign the front and back and WALLAH

2012 240sx
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
while they're at it they should make sure that downsized engine is a 2.4 liter, make it more econo-box by stripping weight/amenities, subtly redesign the front and back and WALLAH

2012 240sx
i agreee. lololol.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
screw daimler
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
screw daimler
No shit. We all seen what they did to Chrysler.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
+1 on that.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #7
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
while they're at it they should make sure that downsized engine is a 2.4 liter, make it more econo-box by stripping weight/amenities, subtly redesign the front and back and VoilĂ*

2012 240sx
FTFY. Pet peeve of mine. The term is VoilĂ*. It's French. Oh and Nissan really wants us to stop bugging them on their Facebook page about a new 240sx. It really really really ain't gonna happen any time soon.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
jdhariwal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jdhariwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would rather slit my wrists and bleed to death than drive a damn hybrid. Their turning hybrids out of everything!!!! In a couple of years, hybrid GTR's, hybrid Ferraris,hybrid R8. Damn these environmentalists.
jdhariwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
^^^^

What's the buff with hybrids? I'm curious to see what they do for the tuning world.
Bigalow311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Why would you tune a hybrid? Any increase in performance is a decrease in MPG and that defeats the purpose of going hybrid.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:00 AM   #11
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
^^^^
No doubt if you want MPG stick with stock specs. If you want more performance then build and tune. It's no different from the non-hybrid tuned cars we have now.

I'm curious to see what the hybrid system can bring (or not bring) to the tuning world.... Will the electric system bring an extra boost in performance? After being on the track all day, will you be able to flip a switch and BAM! you have a high MPG hybrid? I dunno. We'll see.
Bigalow311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

You would get a small boost in MPG until the batteries are dead. You then have a system that is way overpowered for the task of recharging the batteries and is more efficient at just moving the vehicle.

I'm still waiting for the inertial storage hybrids.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
people with hybrids and smart cars are dumb.

I know that porsche has that hybrid super car, but who can afford that shit in a z? Lame.

driving a hybrid is green? well what do they do with the batteries? Last I checked they are not recyclable.

They better not put a f'n diesel in it either like the magazines are saying or a v8 from a mercedes.

Why dont they re design a strait six turbo?
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Any one saying no to a V8 in a Z is just crazy.

Heritage be damned.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #15
DeeJay1337
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
DeeJay1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^ Lol. They sure do make hybrids out of everything. Funny thing is that My Dad has a Civic Hybrid, and my sister has the regular civic. And dude, My dad gets like 2 mpg more on average. Thats it! Same year, both 4 doors. so hybrid = lame
Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #16
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Gas/Electric Hybrid cars are retarded. This is what we need here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AUurBnLbJw

Why the fuck doesn't the world get this!?
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:17 AM   #17
SmogSUX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
SmogSUX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SmogSUX
Even better-why don't they put damn diesel motors in cars stateside? I'm willing to bet it's the shitty oil companys... you can get a decent amount of power out of a small diesel motor AND get 60 mpg. Oh and diesel exhaust isn't nearly as bad as petrol.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:34 AM   #18
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
I gave up on New nissans, they are all garbage. main reason why i picked up an S14 and my next new car will be an EVO X

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #19
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

In the past it was the reality of incredibly poor performance mixed with the poor fuel quality.

Any more it is just ignorance and auto manufacturers not willing to risk offering them in America. Nearly every European car and most Japanese cars are offered with diesels everywhere but here.