Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #91
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eh?
I run that site and I hope by now you've figured out that turbo is NOT a T3, it just has a T3 flange. It's a hybrid turbo.
you sir are wrong, its a modified T3 but it is a T3 not just a T3 flange. Plus your site said it was a T28. Seems to be your trying to cover your mistake here.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2006, 06:57 AM   #92
a2low240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
a2low240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to a2low240
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
.....Giving out info about the kit is giving out info.
Agreed,
S13 RB25 with stock 02 EXT and stock sway bar mounts + as low as possible.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...timage&id=1121
Old 04-12-2006, 09:21 AM   #93
eh?
Zilvia Member

eh? is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
you sir are wrong, its a modified T3 but it is a T3 not just a T3 flange. Plus your site said it was a T28. Seems to be your trying to cover your mistake here.
1)You are wrong . Stop being ignorant and use a google search.
2)It's not MY mistake. Right at the top of the faq it says "Made by sellingthe7 from 240sxforums.com"
3)I'll stand by the t28 statement. Everyone in the RB community (obviously not YOU) knows it's a modified t28 with a t3 flange.

eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #94
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by eh?
1)You are wrong . Stop being ignorant and use a google search.
2)It's not MY mistake. Right at the top of the faq it says "Made by sellingthe7 from 240sxforums.com"
3)I'll stand by the t28 statement. Everyone in the RB community (obviously not YOU) knows it's a modified t28 with a t3 flange.

1. I am not ignorant, I do not need to do a google search I have in the field experience.
2. You allowed the statement to happen on your site therefore you are responsible under publishing law. Which by the way pertains to the internet. You published it by putting it on your site.
3. Like I stated, the turbo is a hybrid, based off a T3 you cannot deny that statement. It is not a T28 as much as you say its not a T3. Lets agree thats its a Hybrid and stop letting your emotions get the better of you.

P.S. you really make your point by calling me an asshole.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #95
ka24deturbo
Zilvia Junkie

ka24deturbo will become famous soon enoughka24deturbo will become famous soon enoughka24deturbo will become famous soon enough
Hey guys I'm having some problems with the front bottom sway bar. I searched online and found people using washers to lower the sway bar from the oil pan. When I turn I hear the sway bar moving around, is there another alternative that anyone has found? Thanks!
ka24deturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:32 AM   #96
R33GTS-T
Zilvia Junkie

R33GTS-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2low240
Agreed,
S13 RB25 with stock 02 EXT and stock sway bar mounts + as low as possible.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...timage&id=1121
i believe this was the picture you were lookin for

and here's another pic of how low the engine sits
Old 04-25-2006, 08:36 PM   #97
SYKORB26

SYKORB26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24deturbo
Hey guys I'm having some problems with the front bottom sway bar. I searched online and found people using washers to lower the sway bar from the oil pan. When I turn I hear the sway bar moving around, is there another alternative that anyone has found? Thanks!
What installation kit did you use for the conversion? Using washers may lower the swaybar, but can create a gap between the swaybar bushing and the chassis. This takes efficiency away from your swaybar as it's no longer ridgidly attached to the chassis. We solve this problem by including precision machined aluminum spacers in our installation kit. Unlike washers, these spacers keep your bushings compressed eliminating the problems you are experiencing.
-Gary Narusawa
www.sykoperformance.com
SYKORB26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #98
ka24deturbo
Zilvia Junkie

ka24deturbo will become famous soon enoughka24deturbo will become famous soon enoughka24deturbo will become famous soon enough
Not using a mount kit, I used the R32 Cross member, I tried filling the gap with some old bushings but it's still making that clunking noise so I'm guessing that didn't work, would your "precision machined aluminum spacers" work with my setup? How much can you sell them to me seperate from your kit? Do you have a spare stock RB20 ECU you can sell me?
ka24deturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:47 AM   #99
SYKORB26

SYKORB26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unfortunately, we do not sell parts seperate from the kit. In addition, our kit is designed for the RB25 and will not work with the R32 crossmember. As for the ECU, please PM me and I'll see what I can do.
-Gary Narusawa
www.sykoperformance.com
SYKORB26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:38 PM   #100
idiot goes sideways
Leaky Injector

idiot goes sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
i know its a litle out of the blue but i wonder how does a s13, with a sixpot rb on the front suspension, feel to drive??
its heaver, okay maybe thats not the big deal but the weight is moving forwards, doesn`t you loose much cornering speed?
idiot goes sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:55 PM   #101
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot goes sideways
i know its a litle out of the blue but i wonder how does a s13, with a sixpot rb on the front suspension, feel to drive??
its heaver, okay maybe thats not the big deal but the weight is moving forwards, doesn`t you loose much cornering speed?
It feels no different than a KA24DE car. A KA24DE is 75lbs heavier than a SR. If you add a turbo setup to KA you wind up at the same weight as the RB i.e. 150lbs heavier than a SR setup.
There is a difference with the RB though, a good 60 percent of the extra weight is actually in the transmission. So its actually a better front rear bias weight balance than a KA turbo car and with the engine set as far back as possible, you really are not putting much more weight over the front struts.
The people that have never experienced the setup like to think and even espouse the idea that its a problem. Its not. Car drives fine and there are several people drifting the cars here in socal and they have not had any problems with loosing cornering speed. In fact you have so much torque and power you can haul ass.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-29-2006, 11:22 PM   #102
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow, unless I missed it has anyone posted the hp limits of a stock rb26..I got a friend who's dropping an rb into his 240 and I told him I would try to find out
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #103
R33GTS-T
Zilvia Junkie

R33GTS-T is an unknown quantity at this point
i can tell you that since my RB swap the car feels MUCH more.....put together if you will. the car feels considerably more solid and the overall balance of the car is perfectly neutral when out on the autox course (haven't had a chance to road race it yet)

the way my RB is sitting in the car is such that the front of the turbo to the back of the engine is in fact sitting behind the front hubs. i previously had an SR in the car and the car felt less stable, more tail happy, and definitely not as well put together

i hope to be able to get my car weighed next week....i'll post up the results afterwards

- Daniel
Old 05-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #104
static

static is an unknown quantity at this point
Are the torque specs the same for the mains, rods, and head bolts on the RB engines?
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #105
tecnic1

tecnic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
tophat mounts + rb20det + kouki s14 = custom o2 senser housing
No way around that, it wasn't even close...
oxygen sensor housing j-pipe turbo dump
tecnic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:54 AM   #106
ranger2339
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ranger2339
Gary

Email sent..

Josh
ranger2339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #107
munna

munna is an unknown quantity at this point
The RB tuning guides at this site may be helpful
RB tuning guides
munna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #108
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna
The RB tuning guides at this site may be helpful
RB tuning guides
Thanks munna, very cool indeed.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #109
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
Just for interest sakes what are you guys doing 1/4 miles wise and 0-60mph with your RB25 swaps at stock boost, Obviously we all run the basic upgrades like intercooler, exhaust ectr to get them in the car so it must add a little,

I think its pretty simple to fit a RB25 into a S14, drop it in on the stock S14 subframe on nismo mounts and make your own trans mount and shorten the drive shaft. doesnt take very long seems to work well if you can work with your hands.
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #110
deep in silvia
Zilvia Member

deep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to behold
The B&M short shifter for the ka/sr transmission will not work with our
rb25det.
deep in silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #111
idiot goes sideways
Leaky Injector

idiot goes sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, just in case, i`m a clueless s13 driver with absolute no idea how to fit a rb in my s13 (ok i realy got no idea how to do this), but got JUST IN CASE interrrested and bought a rb25 with tranny, ecu, turbo and power steering,

what for parts need i and what must be modified to fit the engine in?, lets say the engine should sit nice deep and mostback
idiot goes sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #112
deep in silvia
Zilvia Member

deep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to beholddeep in silvia is a splendid one to behold
you can be serious...........
deep in silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #113
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot goes sideways
ok, just in case, i`m a clueless s13 driver with absolute no idea how to fit a rb in my s13 (ok i realy got no idea how to do this), but got JUST IN CASE interrrested and bought a rb25 with tranny, ecu, turbo and power steering,

what for parts need i and what must be modified to fit the engine in?, lets say the engine should sit nice deep and mostback
your question is broad and I am going to take it as a real inquiry. Putting a RB25 in a S13 all depends on how you wish to go about it.
For instance if you want it as low and as far back as you can get it, then you should use the R33 crossmember. Yes I will recommend the Syko Performance kit based on the fact that Syko has designed the nicest engine mount I have seen to date(that does position the engine lower and farther back than their competition). Yes in the course of developing a install kit for the Higher HP RB26 Syko improved on there already excellent mount design. In this case they migrated that mount design to the 25 install kit.
Now you have a choice of trying to do the install on the cheap using stock mounts that will leave the engine sitting higher. Also trying to fashion a elbow/downpipe that would clear your steering, again Syko addressed this issue and no other install kit has. A lot of people notch there elbow, again a on the cheap way that actually reduces flow and affects HP.
Its up to you. There are people that have posted in the thread how to do it on the cheap. I chose to go about it the right way and use a kit that was engineered to do it right and lock as stock as possible. I do sell the Syko kit but I am not Syko take that for what its worth. I believe in their product because its proven to be the best out there in my opinion.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #114
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYKORB26
Just to clear up a few things. The transmission tunnel clearance issue is applicable to any kit you chose. With the SYKO kit, there is adjustment to move the engine front or rear in order to clear the tunnel. However, if you chose to set the engine as far rearward as possible, at some point, the area of the bellhousing close to the starter will be the first spot to come in contact with the firewall. We've designed the Syko kit to situate the engine as low as possible in order to maximize the clearance in this area. In short, if you set the engine to it's rearmost position it will interfere with the firewall. However, in most cases, the engine can be installed without any modification to the firewall.

Sincerely,
Gary Narusawa
SYKO Performance
I would just like to say that the RB26 kit works flawlessly. Gary is not just a great friend but also the most reliable trustworthy person out there!! I can vouch that his product is simply "flawless". Driveability is an absolute "perfection".
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #115
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
ALso another +1 for the syko kit. and -10000000 for 0 psi on cyl 5, and a +1 for enjoying the drivibility of a RB car, MUTCH more response than a SR
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #116
lonedrifter

lonedrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
just call "top hat proformance" for ur rb20-25-or 26 swap, they make kits just for these apps, plus EVERYTHING lines up the way it should without any hood, down pipe, or stearing line problems.
www.tophatproformance.com
i beleave there in Conyers, Ga
lonedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #117
Chemical Whore

Chemical Whore is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone have a good source for a RB25DET clip?
Chemical Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:26 AM   #118
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
Removed, I no longer will support a business that doesnt care about its customers.

Last edited by Rezlo; 02-18-2008 at 01:47 PM..
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #119
Chemical Whore

Chemical Whore is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezlo
Eric at BNE Customs in cali [email protected]

He has a wide range of RB parts and my clip I got from him was litteraly brand new.
Thanks a lot.
Chemical Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:33 PM   #120
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
i didnt see this anywhere but for the 26 guys here are details for the Alternator and Power Steering belt replacement at your local parts store.

Goodyear Poly-V (Gatorback) (Power Steering Belt)
Part# 4040382,4PK0970
Goodyear Poly-V (Gatorback) (Alternator Belt)
Part# 4040347,4PK0880
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote