Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:33 AM   #1
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mazdized is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Freedom Drift

Alright, NCDA is in the works for another driving event at Altamont raceway for 4th of July weekend. More details will be released very soon. Please visit www.NCDA.net for the latest information and update.

Thank you all for a great event on May 30th.
mazdized is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2004, 09:03 AM   #2
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

balmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to balmo
so is it up to the drivers discresion, what category they should compete: beg, int, adv?
balmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
i thought july 3rd and 4th was a Crabdrifting event. are you guys running it together?

http://www.crabdrifting.com/home.html
Old 06-02-2004, 11:53 AM   #4
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Freedom drift comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmo
so is it up to the drivers discresion, what category they should compete: beg, int, adv?
The competition is not divided into different group, but that may not be a bad ideal to consider. All competition will involve tandem and will be heads up elimination. Once again the drivers will have to vote if the competition will happen or you guys perfer more track time.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Freedom drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
i thought july 3rd and 4th was a Crabdrifting event. are you guys running it together?

http://www.crabdrifting.com/home.html
NCDA is not officially affiliated with Crabdrifting. NCDA has an official agreement with Altamont raceway for either an one day or two day event on 4th of July weekend. The interest for NCDA to host an event on 4th of July weekend 2004 was expressed to and acknowledged by Altamont raceway during mid March 2004. Wether or not NCDA will have a TWO day event heavily depends on the support and participation of the drivers. Due to popular demand from May 30th event Freedom Drift will accomedate 75 driver entries per day.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm i was under the impression that Tsutomu already rented out the track for the whole weekend. I'll just have to ask him myself. Hopefully there are no misunderstandings..but while i'm here i'd just like to say that 60 people @ Altamont is already waaaayy too crowded. you want to do 75 and crabdrifting wants 100. I spent most of the trackday in my car waiting in line. Reminds me of Great America. Plus running one lap then exiting doesnt really give you any time to try to fix mistakes cause by the time it's your turn again, you've forgotten what you did...Hope to see a 15-25 person private event sometime soon. PEACE
Old 06-03-2004, 02:02 AM   #7
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Private event at Altamont

Quote:
Hmm i was under the impression that Tsutomu already rented out the track for the whole weekend. I'll just have to ask him myself. Hopefully there are no misunderstandings..but while i'm here i'd just like to say that 60 people @ Altamont is already waaaayy too crowded. you want to do 75 and crabdrifting wants 100. I spent most of the trackday in my car waiting in line. Reminds me of Great America. Plus running one lap then exiting doesnt really give you any time to try to fix mistakes cause by the time it's your turn again, you've forgotten what you did...Hope to see a 15-25 person private event sometime soon. PEACE
I would actually love to do private event with 15-20 drivers so I don't have to have a headache dehydration for 3 days every time after an event. Like I have mentioned there were confusion in the line from people waiting in the wrong line and getting confused about where they are suppose to be even after I explained it in the driver's meeting. Some people were getting as much as 10 runs per session which was more than the 7-8 I estimated. Hey you know what on the 4th of July weekend I will suggest to all drivers to see if you all just want to do open track session where 25+ cars will all go on the track at the same time and don't have to stop any where. 15-20 people private event would be good as longs as every one pays about $ 300-$ 350 per person. If you can round up 15-20 drivers @ $350 per person I will arrange a private event for you.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #8
Var
Post Whore!

wow i didnt know Altamont was so expensive. Would it be any cheaper on a weekday? Buttonwillow on a weekday for 15 ppl only costs 120 per person. Then again no one is making money on those. So how much for a weekday event with 30 ppl?.

Also it seems like there was also confusion in another thread about crabdrifting vs ncda ..you're saying you have the track so i guess crabdrifting is cancelled? As an organizer i think you have a resposibility to get to the bottom of it and post so anyone who is interested in signing up for either event doesnt waste their time.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #9
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
I want competition.

-Isuckatdrifting
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:29 PM   #10
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Quote:
wow i didnt know Altamont was so expensive. Would it be any cheaper on a weekday? Buttonwillow on a weekday for 15 ppl only costs 120 per person. Then again no one is making money on those. So how much for a weekday event with 30 ppl?.

Also it seems like there was also confusion in another thread about crabdrifting vs ncda ..you're saying you have the track so i guess crabdrifting is cancelled? As an organizer i think you have a resposibility to get to the bottom of it and post so anyone who is interested in signing up for either event doesnt waste their time.
Well the biggest factor is insurance and medical staff. Notice the 15-20 driver deal at Button Willow there never is an ambulance...... You guys are out there with no insurance and emergency response. If there is an negligence and you got hurt I hope you got your own coverage. BW may call some one if shit goes down but I think that has to come from Bakersfield or else where while you are bleeding to death. Average insurance is $2,000 per day, average medical is $1,000 per day. You do the math. I don't know what Crabdrifting is doing and for liability reasons I can only announce what I know and the facts I know. I understand there is confusion, but like I said I can only provide the facts I know. NCDA has an official agreement with Altamont Raceway to host event on 4th of July weekend. It may be a 1 day event or a 2 day event. This notion wast acknowledged by Altamont's management in late Mar. 04 NCDA was not aware of CrabDrifting's anounncement of its event until the last week of May. NCDA's organizational operation is not affiliated with CrabDrifting. No official discussion was taken place between NCDA and CrabDrifting nor NCDA and Altamont Raceway was officially notified by CrabDrifting regarding its publicly anounnced event. Basically I don't know what CrabDrifting is doing.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:48 PM   #11
Drift101
Zilvia Junkie

Drift101 is an unknown quantity at this point
mazdized... were you the one driving the white FC?? one of the instructors? well anyways... i'm defnitely in on this event as well. Keep us posted. Been to a few drift events, and this is BY FAR the best learning and practice experience. You guys rock, but I didnt get a NCDA sticker!!! WTH??
Old 06-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #12
Krazy Bunta
Leaky Injector

Krazy Bunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Send us a self addressed stamped envelope, and we'll send you a few stickers.

NCDA.net
Bob's Donuts
attn: Donald Ahn
1621 Polk St. suite K
San Francisco, Ca 94109
Krazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:04 PM   #13
Var
Post Whore!

Thanks for the reponse Todd
Old 06-03-2004, 07:26 PM   #14
AutoRnD
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoRnD
White FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift101
mazdized... were you the one driving the white FC?? one of the instructors? well anyways... i'm defnitely in on this event as well. Keep us posted. Been to a few drift events, and this is BY FAR the best learning and practice experience. You guys rock, but I didnt get a NCDA sticker!!! WTH??
Yes I have always been drifting FCs. I hope every one remembered what I said at the drivers meeting "that after one day on Altamont you will have more confidence in drifting than anyother event you have been to..." I am not dissing parking lots at all I mean we all have to start some where, but track drifting is where it is at. Notice all NCDA events are on the track but also with parking lot style course available. I just hope you guys realize NCDA and my approch to drift practice is effective, I know sometimes it is intimidating but to step up you have to take the challenge. TJ who won the competiton actually was so intimidated at first he said he was going to give up if he makes into elimination, however he ended up winning. The point is that every one of you has what it takes to improve beyond your own belief, you all just have to belive me and in what I am doing to bring it out of you. I personally promise you as long as NCDA get the support from the drivers we will put on the best event in Norcal region for the drivers.

Todd

Oops I am at ARD so my user name is different.

Nardi, Enkei, Stance, AME Master Distributors for USA

Check Out Our Facebook!

Last edited by AutoRnD; 06-03-2004 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: user name
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:30 PM   #15
AutoRnD
Post Whore!

AutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to AutoRnD
W. Pimp

Quote:
Thanks for the reponse Todd
No problem. Thanks for asking critical thinking questions.

Todd

Nardi, Enkei, Stance, AME Master Distributors for USA

Check Out Our Facebook!
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #16
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Todd is there any other up comming events on any other dates other than july 4th. Everyone wants those days off at my work and I got the shaft. I'l be the 1st one on the list for the next one. Great drifting on Sunday too. I heard a Rumor from my friend Mack that that FC is open diff?!? Any truth to that?

Matt
Old 06-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #17
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Todd Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex
Todd is there any other up comming events on any other dates other than july 4th. Everyone wants those days off at my work and I got the shaft. I'l be the 1st one on the list for the next one. Great drifting on Sunday too. I heard a Rumor from my friend Mack that that FC is open diff?!? Any truth to that?

Matt
Next one on schedule is Labor day weekend, but that is purely tentative for now. The FC I have has a worn out VLSD that does not work. Until March of this year that car always had a factory open diff. In fact I think I like open diff. better for better off throttle control.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:08 AM   #18
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
yea I'm learning this off throttle you speak of. Its so much more fun than power over. It just seems to be more "drifting" than power over that I started out at. I was dissapointed that I didnt advance in the competition though. I went first and besides a few "spin out" where I stalled out a bit I thought it was pretty bad ass. Pulling 4th gear slide though the oval. Some feedback on my perfromance if you rember anything would be cool. Just trying to imporve. Thanks! Todd your a bad ass drifter.

Matt
Old 06-04-2004, 04:07 AM   #19
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Deng thats messed up...Crab Drifting set up an event and people signed up...then 1 week later you post to say that your having an event that same weekend at Altamont? WTH is that? Why are you hating? Competition? I dont mean to sound messed up or anything but you kind of screwed CrabDrifting over with this event...and $300-350 for a private event? DAM THATS CRAZY!!!
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #20
Var
Post Whore!

If crabdrifting had already rented before ncda did, then it's Altamont's fault for double booking it. If not, then Todd stated a couple of times that he rented out the track mid-March. Whoever rented it out first should have dibs on it. I assume crabdrifting rented out the track also or else they shouldnt even be taking sign ups for it. shieet..what a mess. i was gonna go to crabdrifting just to support Tsutomu..i wasnt even planning on driving really. I was just gonna sign up and go chill there. but let's see how this mess unfolds.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #21
Drift101
Zilvia Junkie

whats this off throttle you are talking about... i heard you talking about it, but there was no explanation about it, or at least i didnt hear one. Maybe a quicky run down would be nice.... and damn.. if that white fc had open diff basically... then damn.... Mr. TH is one fucking badass driver..........
Old 06-04-2004, 01:48 PM   #22
Raziel
Leaky Injector

Raziel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
whats this off throttle you are talking about... i heard you talking about it, but there was no explanation about it, or at least i didnt hear one. Maybe a quicky run down would be nice.... and damn.. if that white fc had open diff basically... then damn.... Mr. TH is one fucking badass driver..........
I believe off throttle is when you redline it and when you get to the apex of the turn you left off the gas. That shift the weight to the front of the car and gets your rear slideing. Then you gas it. Im not sure but i think thats what is. If im wrong im sorry. Just wanted to throw my .02.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:25 PM   #23
aznb128
Leaky Injector

aznb128 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ootranceformeroo
Deng thats messed up...Crab Drifting set up an event and people signed up...then 1 week later you post to say that your having an event that same weekend at Altamont? WTH is that? Why are you hating? Competition? I dont mean to sound messed up or anything but you kind of screwed CrabDrifting over with this event...and $300-350 for a private event? DAM THATS CRAZY!!!

foreals...i also sense some hating...seems like you are trying to subtlety discredit crabdrifting...
Old 06-04-2004, 03:51 PM   #24
Var
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I believe off throttle is when you redline it and when you get to the apex of the turn you left off the gas. That shift the weight to the front of the car and gets your rear slideing. Then you gas it. Im not sure but i think thats what is. If im wrong im sorry. Just wanted to throw my .02.

that cant be right. You want to be sliding WAY before the apex . I noticed on a couple of turns you had to be off throttle ie: slowing down mid drift so you can transition into the low speed j-turn but keep sliding.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:59 PM   #25
Krazy Bunta
Leaky Injector

Krazy Bunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Explanation

Hi guys,

Don here, NCDA event organizer.

There's really nothing subtle about it to be perfectly honest with you. Crabdrifting does not have an agreement with Altamont Raceway. If they have been accepting registrations and or even worse accepting money you have been deceived.

How do we know I know this? We have a good relationship with Altamont, and have been planning a Fourth of July weekend event now for months. Also in the works is Labor Day weekend, and Thanksgiving weekend, for those of you planning ahead.

Naturally Altamont is ultimately a business first and foremost, and they talk business with all who wish. They've spoken to Crabdrifting, and declined their request to host an event. Very straightforward.

We are NOT the bad guys in this situation.

I would love to field questions on this subject on this open forum. I really enjoyed having you guys at our Memorial Day event, and hope we can continue to serve the Northern California drift community well.

We are not looking for any conflicts. Crabdrifting has brought this air of negativity into this community and I sincerely hope we can get this straightened out.

Thank you again for your support.

Donald Ahn
Nor-Cal Drift Academy
[email protected]

or you can reach Todd
[email protected]
Krazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:53 PM   #26
mazdized
Leaky Injector

ALtamont 4th of July By NCDA

Quote:
Dan get the facts straight before you make opinion with out correct information. Nice ethics with taking people's money for an event that there was never an agreement to began with. The facts will speak for itself and people will see it. Crabdrifting has offended, confused, mislead a lot of people in the past weeks, NCDA's Freedom Drift is the one that got screwed. The announcement had to be delayed because of this confusion created by Crabdrifting. It took a while for me to get things straighten out. I had another long talk with the general manager of Altamont today and he personally expressed to me he did not appreciate the threats Crabdrifting made to him for keeping his agreement with NCDA from March. Bottom line the facts will speak for itself. If Crabdrifting has the proper agreement for 4th of July how can NCDA publicly announced Freedom Drift at Altamont raceway with their own PA system on May 30th????....... The Norcal scene is a frgile one and the negativity, deception, confusion and offense Crabdrifiting brought in the past 2 week has about fuc$$#@%^ it all up and ruined years of hard work. The hating thing... why don't you get off behind the monitor and give a ring in person????? (916) 743-7007
Old 06-04-2004, 07:36 PM   #27
Raziel
Leaky Injector

Raziel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
that cant be right. You want to be sliding WAY before the apex . I noticed on a couple of turns you had to be off throttle ie: slowing down mid drift so you can transition into the low speed j-turn but keep sliding.
Okay so turn in earlier and release the gas but you probably have to be going really fast to pull this off. Again if im wrong nevermind!

I know that i used off throttle to after the little sweaper on the small course. I would be slideing throughout the turn and along the little straight. Then i would let off the throttle to get the weight to turn me the other way and rdy for the skid pad.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:57 PM   #28
mazdized
Leaky Injector

off throttle

Quote:

The off throttle I was taking about in the drivers meeting is that to hold the drift with no throttle and holding it with steering and may be some braking. Most people can hold a drift on throttle coming out a turn, but that is only half the deal. Off throttle allows you to drift going in a turn so you drift going in, drift through the apex, and drift out under throttle. That way you drift through all parts of a corner. I am not a bad ass, I literally don't know how to drift until about 1 year ago. My first event ever was Ikatan last Feb. I just spend a lot of years gripping and had a decent undrstanding of what cars do under and over the limit of traction. It was after D-day 6 I started to get the hang of drifting. When I was drifting the whole track of Infinion it was not all because I know how to drift, it was mainly because I been to that track SO many times I know that place just too well, and have drifted unintentionally through all of the corners there separately while road racing, that day I just decided to link all the turns and drifts together.

Todd Ho
Old 06-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #29
Drift101
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdized
The off throttle I was taking about in the drivers meeting is that to hold the drift with no throttle and holding it with steering and may be some braking. Most people can hold a drift on throttle coming out a turn, but that is only half the deal. Off throttle allows you to drift going in a turn so you drift going in, drift through the apex, and drift out under throttle. That way you drift through all parts of a corner. I am not a bad ass, I literally don't know how to drift until about 1 year ago. My first event ever was Ikatan last Feb. I just spend a lot of years gripping and had a decent undrstanding of what cars do under and over the limit of traction. It was after D-day 6 I started to get the hang of drifting. When I was drifting the whole track of Infinion it was not all because I know how to drift, it was mainly because I been to that track SO many times I know that place just too well, and have drifted unintentionally through all of the corners there separately while road racing, that day I just decided to link all the turns and drifts together.

Todd Ho
Rule number 1. Not admitting you're a bad ass makes you more of a bad ass.... lol.... well.. I still think you are way good todd. keep up the good work, a positive contribution to the Drift scene!!
Old 06-05-2004, 02:23 AM   #30
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Crabdrifting

Quote:
So no one from Crabdrifitng care to explain anything at all?????? or you all are waiting for your next event that you don't have a rental agreement with the track to happen and to collect money from people???????????