Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 03-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #31
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMonkeyInc
Im in! Its gonna be a long drive from San Diego.....
when you leaving? im leaving from orange county probably friday.
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #32
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
i've been looking for a truck to tow my car too. but i dont want a v-8 cause gas is too pricey. what do you tow with trueno? i've been thinking about a GMC sonoma 4.3L vortech. they can tow up to 8000 pounds cause they are so small with a big engine...they also are very small and the frame is strong(for the reg. cab short bed) and what kind of trailer?
You know... I prolly look into trucks all over the place and what I decided was Either the..

1. Yukon XL Denali -- Bad thing about this truck was too pricey and gasey. They only came with 4WD which is not very good for towing. I rather two with 2WD, Lot safer IMO. I crossed this out on the list.

2. Durango - POS small truck. I didn't even think twice when I step in to this stupid truck.

3. 2004 Hemi - WHAT WHAT! This shit was WHOA! But knowing I have family and friends, The truck option was bad. I would get this if money and space was not a problem.

4. 2002 Tahoe - With a flatbed tow the truck would swing if its too windy. BAD IDEA. You would probably need to go about 40-50MPH only when its windy.

5. SUBURBAN CHEVROLET - If you don't want a V8 then I suggest you don't tow cars around. I seriously wouldn't even think twice if I don't have a V8 to tow with. I bought a Suburban. Comfy. It has the 4WD and 2WD option which was great btw. I can prolly go around 90MPH with no problem whatsoever. (well except speeding).

All in all my mind was set to Suburban.
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:46 PM   #33
neevosh
Leaky Injector

neevosh is an unknown quantity at this point
I use my dad's 2000 GMC Sierra to tow. It's the top model with the extended cab and small block V8. I've used it 3 times and it tows like a champ. It goes over Highway 152 no problem, and cruises at over 80MPH.

I've also seen a Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD model tow an FC with a flatbed over the Grapevine. So you don't need a V8 to tow, but it definetaly makes it easier.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #34
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sh
people who need helmets, i can get a brand new one for about $100. super autobacs in orange county has them on sale. i think it was like $97+ tax so let me know if you want me to pick some up. they're pretty nice.
What kind of helmet? Color/size? SA/MA?

And for mr. thx... yes they will be SA2000 helmets.

Still working on the GB, I'll have it set up by the weekend.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:30 AM   #35
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
i forgot the name of it. its nice though but its MA. they have all kinds of colors from primer black to coat black. ill check it out this weekend. maybe take some pics if i can.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #36
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
If you have the money to spend get a 2004 Nissan Titan or Armada. Shoot tow a nissan with a v8 nissan. LoLz. And the Titan/Armada has a tow capasity of 8500 lbs so you wouldn't have a problem towing anything with it. I test drove one and Loved the power it pushes out and the handling.

I just decided a Truck or SUV wasn't for me so I decided to get a 1st gen Q45 as a family car.

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #37
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
shiet. i wanna spend like 5-7 grand . between my s13 and my ae86, i cant afford to finance a new car. if i could i would buy a used ZO6 and tow both my cars with it. As far as helmets go i got a Arai Rx7RR3(motorcycle helmet) it's DOT approved cost me like 450 bucks. I'm assuming this will be no problem to use with driving
Old 03-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #38
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
As nice as the RX7 (helmet) is, you may have trouble using it at events that require an SA helmet. I've yet to see a drifting event that required SA though, drifters know drifters are poor =)

So that helmet will work for this event, but just beware in the future of other events (speed trials comes to mind)
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:36 PM   #39
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Yup! Its not SA I believed.

I have one also. Just for Effing around events.

TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #40
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sh
when you leaving? im leaving from orange county probably friday.
Hey, I think I will be leaving Friday as well. I get out of class @ 5pm, so I would not be anywhere near orange county before 6:30/7pm. Whats your schedule gonna look like? It would be cool to caravan, but its gonna be a late drive for me.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:04 PM   #41
z_boi
Leaky Injector

z_boi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to z_boi
Art, u can count me and alex in for helmets. We need sa2000 helmets because we'll need it for scca. And yeah, im signed up.

Shasta Speed Stars Baby!

z_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:29 AM   #42
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Truck? Shiiit Foresberg's Dodge quadcab Cummins deisel (new model Ram). Towing one of Signal's Sil80s up to Buttonwillow for a Dec. event i maxed my car out on hwy 5. Shit speed cut and the motherfucker practically passed me in his truck pulling a damn car. Fucking ass.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:34 AM   #43
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
can i get one for 5-7 grand?
Old 03-25-2004, 10:32 PM   #44
Toahk
Zilvia Junkie

Toahk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Toahk
Im in for a group buy on helmets probably. [email protected] . Im gonna sign up next week also, soon as the first of the month rolls around. You guys gonna do an event up at thunderhill again by chance?
Toahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:18 PM   #45
Krazy Bunta
Leaky Injector

Krazy Bunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Spectators are very welcome, there will be some smaller local vendors there, the instructors will be doing some demo runs, and the possible late day competition.

There are grandstands there with an awesome view of the whole track, seating capacity is 7k, including standing room.

www.jdmtheory.com and acutech racing will have their spoon cars, as well as their shop r33 and rhd ITR. The owner wants to try drifting his Integra Type R! That should be fun to watch!

We are also welcoming any club/team to have a gathering/meet at our event, if you know anyone interested, email me, and we'll try to make some special accommodations to help organize or designate an area for them

All in all, it should be a great day! Remember, this is a enthusiast event, organized be community enthusiasts!
Krazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:39 AM   #46
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Someone put on a NCDA flyer on my car for this event. It was at the school i go to... DVC... Just wondering if he uses this forum =P
Old 03-30-2004, 09:59 AM   #47
Var
Post Whore!

33 ppl signed up so far
Old 03-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #48
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

i think i know who it was and if it was him then he wouldnt be on this forum. maybe the fc3s.org boards.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #49
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

the helmets brand was "fulmer" helmets and they sell at autobacs from $45-$99+ tax which i think is a great deal. Prices vary by color. I found this webpage http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/ but they dont seem to have the exact ones that i see at autobacs. they were all MA2000 though.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #50
Var
Post Whore!

i heard that the infield track that will be used for drifting isnt even done being paved..i heard it's all fucked up and they're already taking sign-ups for the event anticipating of course that it will be done by then.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:39 PM   #51
Krazy Bunta
Leaky Injector

Krazy Bunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Who did you hear all this from?
Krazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:03 PM   #52
Var
Post Whore!

a guy named anonymous(sp?)
Old 03-30-2004, 07:56 PM   #53
dball33
Zilvia Member

dball33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dball33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuo
What kind of helmet? Color/size? SA/MA?

And for mr. thx... yes they will be SA2000 helmets.

Still working on the GB, I'll have it set up by the weekend.

Just wondering how's the GB coming along.....
dball33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:50 PM   #54
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
Green Bay?
Old 03-31-2004, 01:25 AM   #55
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
group buy

yeh...
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:29 AM   #56
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Waiting to hear back from the shop on pricing details.

It will be going down in a week or two.

IF YOU ARE 100% IN TO BUY A HELMET, PLEASE PM ME

And I mean 100%, I don't need flakes cus I need a GUARANTEED number of buyers.

And that road better be fucking paved.

Thanks
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:38 AM   #57
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
I signed up finally... #37 =P slots are filling up really fast.. I hope its not too crowded... and yea the track better be finished by may30th!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:26 AM   #58
Drift101
Zilvia Junkie

Drift101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, Im gonna try my open diff drifts again... haha..... its gonna be FUN! yeah, you have any links to the models on the helmets on the Group Buy?
Drift101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:15 PM   #59
mazdized
Leaky Injector

mazdized is an unknown quantity at this point
NCDA flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dct223
Someone put on a NCDA flyer on my car for this event. It was at the school i go to... DVC... Just wondering if he uses this forum =P
It was me.

The Docta
mazdized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:35 PM   #60
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

balmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to balmo
just registered. see you all there!
balmo is offline   Reply With Quote