Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:34 PM   #121
mrfox

Trader Rating: (0)
mrfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Made it back in one piece from the Redline event. Unfortuantely I can't say the same about my car.

I clipped a curb/rumble strip, which caused me to lock the inside wheel and understeered off at about 80mph. The runoff area was unobstructed but very bumpy, and I ended up getting a little air time before coming to a halt. Luckily I went off pretty much in a straight line otherwise it might have been another Buttonwillow. As of now, the car has underbody and suspension damage but still runs.

Thank again Halz for your help. I have to wait till I get back to the Bay Area before I can upload your pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: gif crash.gif (47.9 KB, 29 views)
mrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2003, 11:17 PM   #122
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
DAMN! Sorry to hear of what happen to you Ken.

What do you guys think of the 26th of Novemeber for the next event?

Al
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #123
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

hondaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hondaguy
mr.d1 driver AL you should make it the december 3 give everyone a little more prep time like me,so maybe this time i can enter instead of watch
Old 10-26-2003, 12:05 AM   #124
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
D1 driver. LOL. Not close yet... Not until I compete with those fuckers.

November will be the last event this year. When it gets too cold, I hate to drive around the track.

Al
Old 10-26-2003, 01:10 AM   #125
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't forget about my jack stands ken
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:29 PM   #126
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Al..........

the 26th would be PERFECT! for me at least. Any time that week would be good but im going up to sac. for thanksgiving so i wouldn't have to ever get off the 5! just take it straight up.

Can't wait to get out there again! the coilovers and a couple other new things should be great! Oh yeah, and the SpL flourescent green and orange wheels will help tons too! haha
Old 10-26-2003, 10:04 PM   #127
Halz
BANNED

Halz is an unknown quantity at this point
Here're some of the OK/non-duplicate/part of a bigger series/etc pictures from that week..

..looks like I only have two decent ones from the event on the 22nd; guess I was too busy changing out that useless master cylinder and bleeding the brakes.. feh

There were two Ferrari GT cars sitting in the paddock of the main track; I only saw/heard them run around the track once.. no idea why I didn't get at least a photo
Halz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:26 PM   #128
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE
DAMN! Sorry to hear of what happen to you Ken.

What do you guys think of the 26th of Novemeber for the next event?

Al
sure....i'm game whenevers..

and toooo cold???...loser..i WANT a drift event in the rain...save me some tires..
Old 10-26-2003, 11:55 PM   #129
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

hahhha

When it rains, Im always out with my car.

But raining doing track time sucks. Its not safe. Cold outside.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:04 AM   #130
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
hahhha

When it rains, Im always out with my car.

But raining doing track time sucks. Its not safe. Cold outside.
PU$$Y...you don't see the japanese drivers taking days off when it rains...they are ALL on the tracks..in SNOW too...

but yeah, i'm looking forward to an ..interesting.. first winter with a 2-way..lol..thank goodness for a daily driver...
Old 10-27-2003, 12:25 AM   #131
mrfox

mrfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by thx247
Don't forget about my jack stands ken
I smash em good didn't I?
Sorry Alex, I somehow thought you handle was Halz. Thanks again!
I'll be back in the bay area hopefully by the end of the week and get everything (jackstands, helmet) back to their respective owners.

Hope to be back on the track one day!
mrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 01:18 AM   #132
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
ken, I am Halz's brother. He is his own person.

The concern with running a track day in the rain (I also thought it was a good idea but Al set me straight) is twofold

Rain does suck (cold)

and anyone going off track runs a higher risk of rolling or damageing parts due to the dust turning to mud.

Skid pad in the rain would be very benificial. Track would be but at greater risk.
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:06 AM   #133
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
I'm down for the 26th.

Track day at buttonwillow on the 26th...turkey on the 27th...all nissan meet on the 28th! sounds like a fun three days for me!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:12 AM   #134
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

Trust me... It is not fun having a track day on a rain.

A friend of mine name TJ Morales flipped over two years ago on a muddy track.

So the 26th sounds good?

Al
Old 10-27-2003, 09:34 AM   #135
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by s13chica
I'm down for the 26th.

Track day at buttonwillow on the 26th...turkey on the 27th...all nissan meet on the 28th! sounds like a fun three days for me!
So is your car ever going to stop breaking so you can actually participate in an event?
Old 10-27-2003, 10:23 AM   #136
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by RBS14
So is your car ever going to stop breaking so you can actually participate in an event?
hahahaha!!111

S13chica. I owe you a refund. Do you want me to hold it till next event or you want it now?
Old 10-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #137
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:

So the 26th sounds good?

Al
yeah the 26th sounds good..

and fine, no rain drifting on the track...i do understand the dangers..just figured it'd be fun as long as everyone only went at 50% or so...but yeah...safety first..

time to get workin on the car...lots of maintenance to be done before the next event..

anyone got any 15 or 16 inch wheels they don't want anymore?..lol
Old 10-27-2003, 01:08 PM   #138
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA...I hope so...

My clutch is being done today by a friend, and he just called me to tell me that the clutch was GONE! Like I had killed it...he said I should be proud. I also started to kill the flywheel, but he thinks it can be fixed with a little resurfacing.

Hopefully my car will be all ready to go for the next event.

Hold onto the cash for now Al...you can use it for next time...if I need it back I'll let you know.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:56 PM   #139
neevosh
Leaky Injector

neevosh is an unknown quantity at this point
The 26th sounds good to me. I think I'm gonna try and get a trailer for my car this time. Hmmmm... a new snowboard or new tires?
Old 10-27-2003, 10:37 PM   #140
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by neevosh
The 26th sounds good to me. I think I'm gonna try and get a trailer for my car this time. Hmmmm... a new snowboard or new tires?
SNOWBOARD!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 11:50 PM   #141
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
SNOWBOARD!!!!!!!!
now now..calma te...if he already has a snowboard and just wants a new one..then i vote tires..however, if he has nothin and wants to get one..then yeah, SNOWBOARD all the way....especially with winter coming up..i mean who needs new tires in the rain and snow.. not like you need to GET to the mountain to enjoy that new board..lol..

Old 10-28-2003, 09:28 AM   #142
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
and fine, no rain drifting on the track...i do understand the dangers..just figured it'd be fun as long as everyone only went at 50% or so...but yeah...safety first..
If you think that rain drifting is a good idea you should go rent option video 115. There is a section with rain drifting, and they are definitly not going 100%...and almost all of them crash! It's crazy!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:27 PM   #143
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by s13chica
If you think that rain drifting is a good idea you should go rent option video 115. There is a section with rain drifting, and they are definitly not going 100%...and almost all of them crash! It's crazy!
seen it...meh..

and i've seen countless more videos of individuals drifting in the rain and snow in which they did not crash...people don't know their limits or that of their cars..therein lies the problem...not in the rain...not saying everyone would be capable of it..but whatever..i'm more then happy to do it on my own time..
Old 10-28-2003, 02:31 PM   #144
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

yea, that part in the rain at fuji speedway is retarded. i know drifting in the rain is somewhat hard, but those guys were driving like shit! I've seen other videos of amateurs that drift 10x better in the rain.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:10 PM   #145
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
yea, that part in the rain at fuji speedway is retarded. i know drifting in the rain is somewhat hard, but those guys were driving like shit! I've seen other videos of amateurs that drift 10x better in the rain.
palabra para arriba...

since Al is leaving us for the big leagues..lol....i think the burden of track days is going to fall on the rest of us..

scott, i'd like to nominate you to lead us into the new era..to the next level..to ever push onward and upward..to go further, drive harder, and drift faster then ever before..it is on your shoulders which the burden will fall..it may not be fair..but life seldom is..i know you can do it..i have faith..not only in you..but in the dreams of us all..and to you we entrust the dream, the vision, the desire..godspeed my friend..see you on the other side..
Old 10-28-2003, 03:59 PM   #146
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

That inspirational post reminded me of a good joke.

What do the force and duct tape have in common?

They both have a light and a dark side! hahaha
Old 10-28-2003, 04:33 PM   #147
nokeone
on strike three.

haha...that was pretty...umm...well..mildly amusing..lol..

but wait, was the opposite of the Dark Side the Light Side??..i don't remember that..."Luke, come to the Light Side...Luuukkee...the Light Side is calling you.."...i dunno..just doesn't sound quite right..
Old 10-28-2003, 04:38 PM   #148
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

That's a good question. I heard it from an 8 year old so you never know. haha

Wait i fucked it all up.............DAMN!

Here it is:

What do duct tape and the force have in common?

They both have a light side, a dark side and hold the universe together!

Damn im an idiot.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:40 PM   #149
nokeone
on strike three.

now it's just ruined...lol..

go crawl in a hole and think about what you have done...
Old 10-28-2003, 05:13 PM   #150
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
go crawl in a hole and think about what you have done...
yes sir.