Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2020, 01:59 AM   #1
nicwin

Trader Rating: (0)
nicwin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Speed Sensor wiring?

This has been asked since the dawn of time but I've already gone through Google, Nico, FSM, and Zilvia searching "s13-speed-sensor" and gone through all 11 paged results there. Issue is most of these are early 2000s and the pics I may need in them are dead tinyurl or photobucket links.

I bought a KA24DE 240 coupe that was auto but swapped to 5 speed by previous owner(s) and they did not hook up any of tranny cables. No big deal as I know which one is the speed sensor. Issue is there is no leftover/unused plug in the harness near the engine bay and nothing cut that could have been the other end for the speed sensor. I'm aware the E211 from the FSM is what I plug into but again there is no E211 plug to plug into as it's completely missing.

Can I simply splice into something on the main harness in the engine bay? Or do I need to get the (female?) end of this and run it back to the ECU?

This post from 06 https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?...3-speed-sensor is the closest thing I have. Does anyone have any pics of how this is setup?

Much appreciated!
nicwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2020, 07:07 AM   #2
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://www.wiringspecialties.com/s13katrha.html

You can't find it anymore because there are 2 groups of Nissan owners. Those who can read through the FSM and don't need to ask, and the other who just hit up W.S. for a $125 plug and play harness.

FWIW $125 isn't a bad deal. The previous owner of your car sold you a half baked swap. Good thing for you, if the tranny is in and the clutch pedal/master cylinder installed, the hard work is done at least.

Also the speed sensors are different between the S13/S14 transmissions. Good to make sure you have the correct one for your application;

Picture of an S13 speed sensor ^

Picture of S14 speed sensor ^

Picture of the sub-harness courtesy of the FSM. Note the difference between the S13/S14 speed sensor. S13 has a long pigtail to connect up there.

Not kidding. That thing is hella long;

NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
nicwin

Trader Rating: (0)
nicwin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah the price doesn't seem that bad for the harness seeing as I have no choice now.

I've had the speed sensor you linked so that's peace of mind. And had seen the FSM pictures linked but again there was nothing to connect with. Thank you again!
nicwin is offline   Reply With Quote