Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #61
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I voted yes simply because I'm tired of seeing the same shit out on the road. And no the design is fine, I love the 510 Datsun look.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #62
ReallyBroke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ReallyBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I really can't believe all this negativity on a Nissan board like Zilvia. The Silvia community doesn't support this car. The Z community doesn't support this car. The 510 community doesn't support this car.
Point proven, its ugly as fuck
Old 01-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #63
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Please tell me you were just kidding...

Why do you think you'd need to do a 5 lug conversion? The concepts are running F1 style 1 lug hubs and wheels. Even if they released it with 4x114.3, there's decent selection now (thanks all to the S-Chassis) and if that's not enough for you, look at how the aftermarket responded to the FRS/BRZ's shitty 5x100 lug pattern. Selection has exploded. No one is doing 5x114.3 conversions on those.

I really can't believe all this negativity on a Nissan board like Zilvia. The Silvia community doesn't support this car. The Z community doesn't support this car. The 510 community doesn't support this car.

For yeeeeears, we begged, petitioned & blew up Nissan's Facebook page for fucking what? Man, WTF. Now I won't even get mad at Nissan if they trash this idea and tell the enthusiast community to fuck off as they release the next gen Juke and Murano cabriolet.
Lol I WAS kidding.

(I actually voted yes btw. No matter how bad the IDx looks, I believe this could be the restart of something for Nissan)

Amateur photography by me
Old 01-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #64
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxfan6882 View Post
Anyone remember the 350z concept?

Production:
But those things both look terrible.

I have not cared for any car Nissan has put out after the S15, which was not even sold in the US. Not because I am some kind of Silvia RWD turbo blah blah fanboy or a 90s purist, I just think all of their cars after that have been hideous or generic, or dumb niche cars for markets that Nissan itself tried to create. Sure the GTR may be awesome, but it is not my cup of tea. And buying the IDx or any ugly 'love it or hate it' car based purely on brand loyalty will only make that brand slowly deteriorate instead of forcing them to reevaluate their strategies.
That actually goes for all Japanese automakers. It seems that today South Korea is to the auto industry what Japan used to be twenty years ago.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #65
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Looks like shit.
Voted, never.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #66
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
im amused that everyone hates it based off looks. nevermind that this thing might just kick the shit out of the FRS and perform like a baus... all im hearing is "it looks like shit KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

i really dig it, especially the NISMO version. there is a lot of heritage in this car INCLUDING THE CSP311 SILVIA! the car was built with influence taken directly from the silvia, the laurel, the skyline and the bluebird (aka the 510)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #67
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
smash the quarter panel, slam it, negative 20 camber, leave some panel's unpainted, and throw in a coupon for Megan coilovers when they come out. Then it will get more "yes" votes from zilvia.

besides wasn't it already confirmed that they are making it?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #68
s14kkouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
s14kkouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
voted no. shit is ugly.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #69
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
smash the quarter panel, slam it, negative 20 camber, leave some panel's unpainted, and throw in a coupon for Megan coilovers when they come out. Then it will get more "yes" votes from zilvia.

besides wasn't it already confirmed that they are making it?
Lol! It would fit right in here at Zilvia then!

Yep. They've confirmed it's going into production after overwhelming critical praise when it debuted at TAS.

But overwhelming hate from the US debuted might make them change their mind. They're still just in the valuation and market strategy planning phase.

Seriously, It's so confusing to me seeing the cars that get all the compliments in the Wheel Fitment or Aero threads with all these panels that don't fit OEM smooth, rivet holes, roof spoilers and other pointless add-ons, mismatched front ends, multicolored paint jobs and other shit...and a manufacturer offers the same thing NEW only to be shit upon.

Yeah, I like the Stinger concept better at the moment. But until its confirmed for production, I'd rather not see the IDX dead on arrival and we're back to just choosing between FRS/BRZ or Genesis Coupe again for the under $30k club.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #70
ReallyBroke
Leaky Injector

It looks like the retarded yuppy child of a 510.

I love 510's. I see how this is SUPPOSED to look like a 510, but it doesn't. 510's look cool, this looks like crap.

maybe they will clean it up for production, then I will eat my words, but right now my opinion is that it looks like total shit, and I doubt anybody will buy it.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #71
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
wow.....that's no frs or ft-1 lmao
Old 01-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #72
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
because it doesnt look like a silvia?
It looks almost exactly like some of the earlier ones.

But just so goddamn ugly. There are some things that just don't work in newer styles with newer materials. It's hideous.

Nevertheless, I lied that I'd buy it, because I want them to make SOME sort of cheaper sports car.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #73
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Please tell me you were just kidding...

look at how the aftermarket responded to the FRS/BRZ's shitty 5x100 lug pattern. Selection has exploded. No one is doing 5x114.3 conversions on those.
Actually, most, if not all FRS/BRZ cars are running conversion spacers or this.

Megan Racing

I know first hand the Fatlace FRS has conversion spacers to run all the VOLK and WORK wheels you've seen on it.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #74
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Seriously, It's so confusing to me seeing the cars that get all the compliments in the Wheel Fitment or Aero threads with all these panels that don't fit OEM smooth, rivet holes, roof spoilers and other pointless add-ons, mismatched front ends, multicolored paint jobs and other shit...and a manufacturer offers the same thing NEW only to be shit upon..
SECONDED!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #75
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
States personal opinion on said concept, gets told why he should like it....
Really? If we all lie and act content where will we be? It will be 5 yrs later still complaining about nissans dedication to commuter cars. Dorkidori buy one, and then start the bandwagon
Old 01-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #76
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Actually, most, if not all FRS/BRZ cars are running conversion spacers or this.

Megan Racing

I know first hand the Fatlace FRS has conversion spacers to run all the VOLK and WORK wheels you've seen on it.
That's news to me. It was one of my gripes about the FRS originally. I thought the aftermarket wheel companies had just gone ape-shit for 5x100 or something....

Well, even if the IDX came 4x114.3 (which I doubt it will), I'd still take that over 5x100 any day. Got my fingers crossed for 5x114.3 stock on 17's though!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #77
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That car IS a Silvia, just not the Silvia any of you are familiar with. Nissan did make cars before 1989.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #78
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tloh View Post
You do realize the WHOLE POINT of them using a v6 and not a inline right?

Look up vq35 swaps in 240sx and see where the motor sits, it's a weight distribution made in heaven. BUT I know most 240 owners just want to slide there car around and into shit, and don't care about proper weight balance when it comes to driving on a track or autox.
I dont need to look up shit. Look up practically any BMW and you'll see that they've been using straight 6 motors _for_ever_. They're also known for building some of the best motors and most balanced cars. Better be careful, Aaron or Dave might chime in and say how much they like(d) their BMW over their NISSAN.

Personally, I think there are higher manufacturing costs with the straight 6, in addition to packaging issues, plus efficiency (i think). But all of that I dont care about. Again, I am not a new NISSAN customer, I am a supporter of old NISSAN. I like the Z32, Z33, Z34... but I would never own one. I like the S30 Z. I like the S13. These cars appeal to me. Not some fugly piece of junk car with random letters for a name.

Quote:
that was NOT the 350z concept, it was called the 250z and it was built on a modified S14 chassis. the 350z concept actually LOOKED like the 350z.
See attached photo. I think I actually snapped that photo.. many many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
I have not cared for any car Nissan has put out after the S15, which was not even sold in the US. Not because I am some kind of Silvia RWD turbo blah blah fanboy or a 90s purist, I just think all of their cars after that have been hideous or generic, or dumb niche cars for markets that Nissan itself tried to create. Sure the GTR may be awesome, but it is not my cup of tea. And buying the IDx or any ugly 'love it or hate it' car based purely on brand loyalty will only make that brand slowly deteriorate instead of forcing them to reevaluate their strategies.
That actually goes for all Japanese automakers. It seems that today South Korea is to the auto industry what Japan used to be twenty years ago.
I totally agree. Even the GTR, I have absolutely no interest in owning a technologically-laden car like that. I'de rather buy a Z06 Corvette which is easy for normal humans to service (me included, and I'm an idiot). Plus, it not a piece of shit automatic.

"but its a dual clu..."

^ shut the fuck up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewZ_01.JPG (79.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #79
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
im amused that everyone hates it based off looks. nevermind that this thing might just kick the shit out of the FRS and perform like a baus... all im hearing is "it looks like shit KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!"
performance is cool and all but people also care about how the car looks as well. the nissan gt-r became a performance benchmark when it dropped, but people still didn't like how it looked (i did) and bought better looking cars that the gt-r outperformed.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #80
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Can we stop saying it looks like a 510 when it very obviously looks like the original Silvia?

Jesus fucking christ people, they gave us WHAT WE ASKED FOR. A new Silvia.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #81
ReallyBroke
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Can we stop saying it looks like a 510 when it very obviously looks like the original Silvia?

hahaha, wow! your fucking right!

something must have gotten lost in translation.

...those crazy japanese assholes
Old 01-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #82
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:

I see DNA from the CSP311 Silvia, the Hakosuka Skyline and the 510 when I look at the IDX. Similar to how Toyota drew upon the 2000GT, AE86 and Celica Supras for the FRS.

Some Silvia DNA? Yes. S-Chassis DNA? No. Do I care? Hell nah.

If the Stinger is stillborn, I'm getting the IDX as long as Nissan doesn't screw it up en route to production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
I dont need to look up shit. Look up practically any BMW and you'll see that they've been using straight 6 motors _for_ever_. They're also known for building some of the best motors and most balanced cars. Better be careful, Aaron or Dave might chime in and say how much they like(d) their BMW over their NISSAN.
Agreed. I support the IDX, but c'mon. BMW is prestigous for a reason. Most of those cars are phenomenal performers. If the new 228i was under $30k, I wouldn't care much about the IDX or the Stinger. Handling, looks, power & prestige... Fucking BMW, bro. Grown man cars right there.

Even when it comes time to buy either the IDX or Stinger, they're still gonna have to compete against pre-owned 3 series for my money.

On another note: You know another car I though was ugly as all fuck when I first saw it? Pignose S13 coupe. Dear god. But look at all the potential in that little shitbox. Now, I try to look past the obvious.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #83
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Even if they don't give us those Nismo fenders you know we'll see a Rocket Bunny kit for it, so win either way. lol
Old 01-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #84
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I can respect the influence from the older generation of Nissan. But i don't think a specifically enthusiast/purist oriented "old-styled" sports coupe is going to do well, i just don't foresee the market being THAT big. I'd bargain to say people buying a new car want cool, futuristic looking cars when they buy a "sports" car. People want cool factory styling, features, not boxy and simple. Its kind of confusing Nissan would do this. If you're not looking to make a sports car and are worried about taking sales from the Z series, what exactly does this car aim to do? Another house wife grocery getter thats slightly sporty? Although they do not peak my interest at least the 350/370 look "up to date." I just don't forsee this appealing to the masses, maybe they'll come out looking better in production. Maybe nissan will offer lots of cool factory upgrades and options, aero, etc. Maybe, Maybe, Maybe.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #85
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I dunno, man. Camaro looks just as boxy & retro to me. Seems to be doing alright.

I really feel like there'd be less complaining if these concepts were just one solid color like most ppl would order from the dealer.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #86
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Marketing entry level sports coupes to young women is and has been the standard for decades. How do you think they get all those V6 Mustangs and Camaros out there? lol
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #87
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Smart. Enthusiasts will buy a few Nismos. But secrataries will buy the Freeflow in droves and the next generation of drifters will buy them 2nd hand to swap cheap Coyote 5.0's into them.

Then they'll circlejerk on whatever the Zilvia replacement is about who's aero is legit vs who's is knockoff and why'd Matt Powers Jr ditched his OG turbo motor and raised his ride height.

And the circle continues.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #88
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Having basic freeflows out there in droves with easily obtainable nismo pieces(bodywork, gauge setups, wheels, engine/suspension upgrades, etc) sounds like a recipe for a strong enthusiast fanbase.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #89
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Having basic freeflows out there in droves with easily obtainable chinese replicas of nismo pieces(bodywork, gauge setups, wheels, engine/suspension upgrades, etc) sounds like a recipe for a strong enthusiast fanbase.
fixed that for you.

on topic, i hope they build this car. i think it's neat. dunno if i can make a business case for it, though. a vast majority of "enthusiasts" don't buy new cars. they complain about how these types of cars don't exist, and then when a company does release one, they'll complain about how it's possible to spend the same amount of money on a 15 year old car and make it more capable. so. yeah.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #90
Turb0wned
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Turb0wned is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wait, Nissan is making the new Dodge Charger?
Closed Thread