Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #1
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SR20 K-Series Coilpack Brackets

A company that made my TE37 center capshas posted up they're in development of K-series coilpack brackets for the SR guys. Figured it was worth a share here, as tons of SR users on zilvia. I believe their instagram is @precisionspeed_llc

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Nice! Love seeing new innovations for these old ass motors.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #3
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That is neat....

The 370z / R 35 coilpacks nearly straight bolt up. I just cut the taper at the boot and the height is nearly identical. Switch a few wires and you have a direct on coil ignition with R35 spark.... and they are cheap.

Video is of 350, but 370z's are nearly identical and should be the same part number as R35..... I think it is the strongest spark amongst coilpacks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrrN1w1I5FA&t=390s
Old 09-08-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This is cool to see. I run K20 coils on my blacktop and was looking for something like this when putting everything together. Oddly enough, the stock valve cover threads that this bracket threads into line up pretty well with the K20 coils and I don't have any trouble using it like that. The coils are just skewed counter-clockwise a hair, which I don't think looks bad. Just wish the coils themselves were shorter so I could run the coil cover.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #5
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Talking to a few people on their opinions of this:
K series guys run 800+ HP on stock coilpacks, which is more than the average person needs. Also, pricing and availability seems to be better new and used, and easier to find at a junkyard, marketplace, etc.

Some people also don't like the idea of having to modify the 370 / R coil which in some ways, I do understand.

The 370 / R35 coil is a stout coil, no doubt about that. Always nice to have options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
The coils are just skewed counter-clockwise a hair, which I don't think looks bad. Just wish the coils themselves were shorter so I could run the coil cover.
For sure. No denying that either. I would lose my mind having skewed coils, and thats down to personal preference. Which I think is what the real goal is here.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:38 AM   #6
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Talking to a few people on their opinions of this:
K series guys run 800+ HP on stock coilpacks, which is more than the average person needs. Also, pricing and availability seems to be better new and used, and easier to find at a junkyard, marketplace, etc.

Some people also don't like the idea of having to modify the 370 / R coil which in some ways, I do understand.

The 370 / R35 coil is a stout coil, no doubt about that. Always nice to have options.

For sure. No denying that either. I would lose my mind having skewed coils, and thats down to personal preference. Which I think is what the real goal is here.
Excuse my ignorance, but is it specific K20 Coils that perform better? I know there is like crazy amount of K20 motor variations.

Also what prices are they? I bought Hitachi coils from Rockauto and they were like 70 bux for 370z/R35 coils....

Thanks appreciate the schooling!
Old 09-08-2021, 11:24 AM   #7
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Definitely cool and a bit more aesthetic than the GTR coils. Also they make them for KA24DE as well!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:44 PM   #8
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
so silly question... but this would be the thread to ask it in as its specific to said topic.

i was debating on using R35 coil packs on my SR (mainly due to height as i want to keep my coilpack cover)... but would my PowerFC DJetro be compatible with the setup (or any like the K-Series or VQ)? Reason Im asking is that to run them from my understanding, the igniter chip has to be eliminated correct?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #9
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
so silly question... but this would be the thread to ask it in as its specific to said topic.

i was debating on using R35 coil packs on my SR (mainly due to height as i want to keep my coilpack cover)... but would my PowerFC DJetro be compatible with the setup (or any like the K-Series or VQ)? Reason Im asking is that to run them from my understanding, the igniter chip has to be eliminated correct?
You are correct good sir, you do need to eliminate the ignitor. The short answer is no, it's not compatible with Power FC. I've seen a few people build their own modules to run them, but that seems a bit overkill at this point now that there's link plug-in ECU's that can do it just by switching two wires...

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #10
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
You are correct good sir, you do need to eliminate the ignitor. The short answer is no, it's not compatible with Power FC. I've seen a few people build their own modules to run them, but that seems a bit overkill at this point now that there's link plug-in ECU's that can do it just by switching two wires...
thank you for that sir! answered exactly what i needed not at a point where i wanna ditch my PFC DJetro... need a new turbo soon and im only really interested in keeping my S13 running properly as it s a work tool for me and i just enjoy cruising in the car now.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #11
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
for the lazy ones here do we have a link for the wiring to run these too?
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote