Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-03-2021, 02:19 AM   #31
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
After finding out the motor needed to pulled out and torn down again for inspection....not what I had hoped to deal with, but ended up being glad we did. Previous motor builder decided to phone it in and play mismatch with the #4 rod caps. Did same with mains along with some junk nasty bearing. All together causing the motor to refuse to turn over when we went to turn nit by hand (my own fault for waiting until it was in the car, but this was a 'trusted' motor builder). To top it all off the front cover was not decked with the block so would've immediately blown the head gasket upon start up with my luck. Thus why it ended up being a good thing. After tearing it down to see what the was fuss I took the motor to Sammy Tiger at Tiger Racing to give it a full overhaul. Spins like butter now and is back in the car (3rd times the charm right?!?). Slapped on a couple more parts......still a few more to go but it's finally nearing the day it goes to the tuner for base tune, break-in, and then full tunes.

Old 01-03-2021, 03:11 AM   #32
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
Is that a replica aero bumper? Looks like the one I just bought. Any modifications to make it fit?
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:09 AM   #33
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ddy View Post
Is that a replica aero bumper? Looks like the one I just bought. Any modifications to make it fit?
No modifications for me. Fit up better than the factory one (first for me). Wasn't about to hack up the original to test first the bumper vents and risk messing it up beyond repair. Went much better than I had stressed over, but that's also probably due to not being as worried causing overthinking and thus mistakes.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:42 AM   #34
Stein180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Stein180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
No modifications for me. Fit up better than the factory one (first for me). Wasn't about to hack up the original to test first the bumper vents and risk messing it up beyond repair. Went much better than I had stressed over, but that's also probably due to not being as worried causing overthinking and thus mistakes.
T. You are a way better man than I would have been through that whole situation. Car is coming together great!
Stein180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:48 PM   #35
Avayo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Avayo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man this thing is good. Nice work so far!
Avayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #36
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This thing is looking great!!

Facebook or Instagram:@tightfitfab
Email: [email protected]
Check Us Out At: www.tightfitfab.com
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:19 PM   #37
kennedy8383
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kennedy8383 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
clean work
kennedy8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:37 PM   #38
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks guys! Always feels like the build is under slow mo or something. Still dealing with 326UK sending me S14 coils (thus the current stance). Rear is completely bottomed, front only has 5mm more it can be lowered and no point when I am wanting to lower it another inch all around at minimum. 326UK has stopped returning emails. Covid hitting right as the email chain started didn't help anything either. Japan keeps directing me to UK and USA. 326 USA, understandably, didn't want any part of a refund/exchange due to UK mistake. So am now at a loss as I was dead set on 326 after talking with friends (and been fanboy for years). Dreams would be fly to Japan and order in person so I know everything is exactly what it should be......next best is most likely Streeter.

Sorry for rant. Just bummed. I get mistakes happen, and I don't even care who or what just want the correct coils I originally ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein180sx View Post
T. You are a way better man than I would have been through that whole situation. Car is coming together great!
Yea not much I could about all the motor fuss. Accept and move forward. Sad when somebody you trust and believe in lets you down like that. Always figured no matter what I could trust in his motor building. Nope. So am very thankful Sammy Tiger was able to get it proper sorted and corrected for me.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #39
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Which replica bumper did you go with?

This whole car fills me with great longing. Is this original TH1?
Old 01-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #40
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Which replica bumper did you go with?

This whole car fills me with great longing. Is this original TH1?
It is original TH1 and plan is stay same when it comes time for repaint. Bumper is VSaero. Had to let it sit in sun for a couple days with weights and such to put it back into correct factory shape (they basically roll them up for shipping).
Old 05-10-2021, 10:36 PM   #41
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

326 Japan came through!

Rusty rack now fully refreshed and much brighter

Together at last....ignore the completely stock LCA......I did

Staring at them will make the car finish itself sooner

Still a ways to go. Fuel setup is coming together one piece at a time. Rear diff is waiting on stub conversion then the car can roll around again like a 1:1 scale HotWheels. Exhaust needs to be fabbed and hung. Bunch of vacuum lines and minor wiring adjustments still to be done. Then prime pressure and check for any leaks.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:11 PM   #42
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Engine bay nearly complete

Pulled it out for a bath

Waiting patiently for ReinHard exhaust box to arrive. Still needs a catch can setup, alignment, and then tuning. Nearly a daily again.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:08 AM   #43
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sorry if you mentioned it earlier, but what manifold is that? Is it stock location bottom mount T2?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:48 PM   #44
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Sorry if you mentioned it earlier, but what manifold is that? Is it stock location bottom mount T2?
It's a Sinco manifold. It is stock location bottom mount for use with stock flange turbos. Hoping to hear it scream soon
Old 09-09-2021, 11:27 PM   #45
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Slow progress continues. Got a 3port aluminum catch can fabbed up in house by Sebastian. Made lines using the Radium valve cover AN press-in fitting for PCV side, then a standard AN press-in fitting for exhaust side and suction pipe. Took it for a drive around the block to have AC evacuated and filled and am now trying to figure out why the AC doesn't kick on. Switch has power, fuses are good, but relay doesn't click nor does the Haltech see any voltage change from AC button turning on. Luckily only two things to really check. Aircon power button connection which does light up at the controls so have to track down the pin at the chassis interface connection and make sure it's all sitting proper. If it is then check connection to relay. If both those don't result in finding the issue I will be utterly stumped and will just go ahead with tuning and diagnose the aircon issue after. Tired of not driving this thing.

This is the stare my Silvia gives me everyday as if expressing frustration from being left motionless in anticipation of roaming the streets and highways.

Prototype catch can mounted and ready for testing. Suction port and exhaust side valve cover port divided by baffle and the intake pipe takes a 90 degree turn and goes a few inches toward the PCV port side to ensure least amount of vapors or oil will be pulled in by turbo. Hoping to make a few out of aluminum and titanium if this works well.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:31 AM   #46
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Looks like a great build.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:42 AM   #47
FAILURE

Trader Rating: (0)
FAILURE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOW this is amazing stuff. Going down the same road with my Silvia as well.

Did you buy these headlights already like this? I knew of another S13 Silvia coupe that had almost these exact style. I can probably dig up picture.
FAILURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:23 AM   #48
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Looks like a great build.
Once the aircon and speedo decide to play nice I will agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAILURE View Post
WOW this is amazing stuff. Going down the same road with my Silvia as well.

Did you buy these headlights already like this? I knew of another S13 Silvia coupe that had almost these exact style. I can probably dig up picture.
Local shop RetroFit Source did the rebuild and aiming adjustments for LHD roads.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:04 PM   #49
FAILURE

Quote:
Local shop RetroFit Source did the rebuild and aiming adjustments for LHD roads.
ah ok, not the same ones I once saw. I'm sure they do wonders from the lack of lighting bricks give.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:53 PM   #50
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
ah ok, not the same ones I once saw. I'm sure they do wonders from the lack of lighting bricks give.
First drive was from VA to GA leaving around 6pm, 8hr drive. So most of the time on the road was night and if I was only one on a section of highway I swear a basic $3 flashlight would've made it easier to see
Old 09-15-2021, 08:04 AM   #51
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
I retrofitted my bricks with morimoto mini h1's 5 years ago. Hands down one of the best things i ever did.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:02 PM   #52
FAILURE

Quote:
First drive was from VA to GA leaving around 6pm, 8hr drive. So most of the time on the road was night and if I was only one on a section of highway I swear a basic $3 flashlight would've made it easier to see
Oh I definitely believe it haha, you would of had better lighting even with the bricks off.

Can't wait to see what more is to come on this.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #53
FAILURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I retrofitted my bricks with morimoto mini h1's 5 years ago. Hands down one of the best things i ever did.
I agree, retro fitting bricks is the move for lighting.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #54
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I dig the catch can. Definitely let us know how testing goes, as I'd love something like that on mine. Space gets tight real fast when you've got all the fancy bits haha.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:10 PM   #55
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Oh I definitely believe it haha, you would of had better lighting even with the bricks off.

Can't wait to see what more is to come on this.
Hopefully driving it! Working out a couple kinks and waiting for a date with my tuner. Then get to shake it down and toss it around

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I dig the catch can. Definitely let us know how testing goes, as I'd love something like that on mine. Space gets tight real fast when you've got all the fancy bits haha.
Exactly why I was set on doing the over the shroud catch can and since no one offered a 3 port version that I could get my hands on, we made our own. Biggest things I want to make sure of are that it doesn't start weighing down the fan shroud once everything starts getting good and hot with some heat soak from a full day of drifting. Still contemplating a drain setup, but being that it sits flat I'm doubtful anything other than unhooking it and holding it up on one side will really help clear it out.Other concern is that it stays secured by that single screw. Honestly quite weary of that but haven't seen/heard much of that happening with the multiple brands that make the two port ones, a couple use steel which baffles me. Am hopeful to get a couple events in before end of year to see how well it all holds up, car included, and then will start working out details/materials/pricing.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:58 PM   #56
S14_Sak

S14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the rough
Any update on this beautiful s13??!
S14_Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:53 PM   #57
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Thankful for the return of Zilvia. Thought it was lost forever for a minute.

Short version:
Tuned. Drifted. Smacked. Soon to be painted.

Had the car tuned at 18psi and saw 380whp/360tq with full boost by 3k. Very fun. Can be a little jumpy off line but smooth after that. After finally getting a full alignment the car feels solid.

Onto the drift events! First event was fun but overall a not great day. Spent most of the day changing suspension settings in an attempt to get it to not hop and skip all over the track. Turns out was just the frame rail colliding with the rear camber arm on compression. Corrected that and headed to another event. Went much better.........after me smacking a barrier with the rear quarter on second run out. Could've been worse so kept running to get more comfortable with sitting RHD and using left hand for the hand brake. Basic driving I'd gotten very used to but being amped up at an event I regularly had to check that my hand was actually on the handbrake before using it. Learning. Next event I kept scrubbing against outside barriers at end of first corner with driver side. Couple scratches and a baby dent. Kept having fun and got more comfortable.

Now with all the fresh weatherstripping and moulding in hand the car is awaiting its turn at the paint shop. Staying with the TH1 style but using the newer version of it BW9. Basically same dark navy but with a boat load more sparkle so in direct light it ends up a more vibrant blue. Have debated on the purple/gray two-tone or even the green/gray two tone. Always have loved the two-tones. Longer I wait to go to paint the more I get lost on what color.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:55 PM   #58
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Oh and current static before I either go for TH1 refresh or go ham and finally have a two-tone.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:44 AM   #59
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
I 10/10 support two tone.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 12:51 AM   #60
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Paint progress. Went with Nissan Majestic Blue. Same shade of blue as TH1 but with a lot more metallic in the paint that gives it a nice little bright blue highlight in direct light.

First the body needed some love. Painter says car had been painted 3 times over, as in primer right over factory paint (thankfully they seemed to have done decent prep work each time).

Then we found out that most recent painter, or person that pulled the rear glass, scratched the paint to bare metal and didn't bother to properly repair it so some rust had started setting in. Glad we found it as the one in center of rear parcel shelf had two pinholes already formed. Always opt for glass out when painting!

Rust was cut out and repair panels were made then welded in and sanded smooth.

Back to painting