Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:11 PM   #31
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
my man, you need to remove the skins toss them in the washing machine then they will look good.
Thought about it but worried about the foam chunking as I removed the skin and didnt wanna have divots from the missing foam areas.

When I get it back to the states ill get them steam cleaned or whatever.

Im on a time crunch over here to dont wanna spend too much time on one thing.

When I return I can tear stuff apart and do it better to my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
and how the hell does a 2 door coupe have the same carpet as a 4 door sedan?(scratches head)
Its the exact same Chassis/frame. Kinda like the S13 Silvia vs 180sx, the body is different but uses the same frame and floor pan.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #32
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Salvarath is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've used a tool to detail interiors of cars I've flipped, and the seats especially have came out really great. I watched this tool remove blue ink from the carpet of an 05 dodge dakota I'm flipping. The tool is called a Tornador Car Cleaning Gun Tool. It costs around $130 USD. It whips air and cleaner into the fabric and shoots the dirt off of the surface. You have to learn how to use the tool well, you can't really half-a$$ it, otherwise it doesn't work that well. Also it needs a rather large air supply to keep it going, I found that it works most efficiently at a constant 100 psi. My compressor wasn't able to keep up with the job because of a leak but I would charge it to 100 psi and use it until 60 psi. Which was around a minute's worth of use. lol Overall though, it worked way better than I ever imagined.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:56 AM   #33
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
^^Thanks man Ill look into that when I get back to the states.

Damn, accidently created a post while doing some pic stuff. Cant delete.... Sorry guys for the trickery.

Nothing big to report

Replaced the Rack and Pinion Boots.

Installed a stock ECU so I can possibly sell the NISTUNE ECU to make some money back off of this car.

installed RB20 W/G actuator, Seems to have a misfire when boosting, need to install boost gauge to find out how much to diagnose better

Other than the misfire it drives pretty good

Awaiting on the axle boots to arrive so I can rebuild them.

Interior is almost done. Just need back seats, center dash vent, Newer steering wheel (Got a Tomei im gonna install) GTR Gloss Black radio/shifter trim and some other little BS stuff.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #34
10psitx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The car is comming along well, i especially like that its a GTS 4!.... I also have a 4 door, with a pristine interior and also on the hunt for GTR front seats...no luck yet. I really want to get a GTS4 as well...hope fully soon. Keep up the good work on yours man, i check in almost daily for updates....

Edit- by chance do you know Rob? he's ex-air force and has a car shop close to the base?
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #35
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post
The car is comming along well, i especially like that its a GTS 4!.... I also have a 4 door, with a pristine interior and also on the hunt for GTR front seats...no luck yet. I really want to get a GTS4 as well...hope fully soon. Keep up the good work on yours man, i check in almost daily for updates....

Edit- by chance do you know Rob? he's ex-air force and has a car shop close to the base?

Domo. Nice, Lucky. GTR seats can be pricey

GTS4 is cool but more things to go wrong though

I do know Rob Smith. He Own "Big-D's" We do a little business together.

Forgive the potato shots it got dark when I started working on it.

2 cousins meet for the first time. (New Pics)

Figured out why it was breaking up under boost.

Someone gapped the plugs to .068...... that would def cause spark blow out. Gapped it down to .032 and boost like a champ now.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-04-2015 at 06:00 PM..
Old 07-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #36
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Glad it was a simple fix
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #37
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

A step closer.

Got the right side rebuilt.

Guess ill do a basic write up on this if any one is interested.

Get your supplies

and your axle

I normally cut off the boots to make it easier since they a F'd anyway and get them out of the way for disassembling.

This ones kinda worrisome, never seen indentations from the tripods before so this sides taken a smack from something.... so ill be using a spare spindle I have laying around.

next knock off the other side by hitting the inner cage with a hammer. Normally I clamp this in a vise but dont have one...

So tap "strongly" right here

and it will come off like this

Then you need to clean out the cage and bearings. If its a recent tear in the boot you might be ok to not have to clean the whole thing out. But mines been broke for god knows how long.

To remove the bearings press the cage until the bearings become exposed

Then pop out the bearings

Unfortunately the cage will not some out so you need to clean it as best as you can.

ATTENTION!: when you regrease and asemble make sure the cage look like this. Inner cage with tapered end up, and the out cage
thin side up. The other side of the outer cage has a thicker top/side

clean the bearings

Once you got it all cleaned up, pack that shit with grease.

They only sell slpit boots here and there are no more OEM Boots in Nissan. I actually bought the last inside boot from Nissan inventory lol

So I like to glue mine before installing cuz I like it that way.

So once the glue somewhat sets assemble the boot and clamp them down.

BUT! I did it the hard way for the other side cuz I had to use a different diff spline.

Before assembling the outer boot install the inner boot, or you'll have to remove the tripod bearing witch is kinda a PITA without a vise.

So after getting the axles installed I took it for a test drive. and noticed after a hard brake the pedal kept dropping while i held it. Got out and checked the front brakes to see the brakes were leaking.... could have crashed or some shit.

Ripped off the wheels to see this ghettoness....

Suppose to be flared fittings, but the PO decided to use what I guess are S13 lines and used Banjo bolts but didnt cut them short enough so it was bottoming out and not sealing all the way.

So as a temp fix til I can get the correct hardlines to install the GTR brakes and Nismo Braided lines.

I shaved the bolt down an bit more and made a flare to help clear the internal flare a bit more.

It worked....
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-05-2015 at 09:06 PM..
Old 07-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #38
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Definitely ghetto fix lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #39
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The bnr32 is getting no love whatsoever.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #40
10psitx
Zilvia Member

10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Sileighty_85;5902603]Domo. Nice, Lucky. GTR seats can be pricey

I do know Rob Smith. He Own "Big-D's" We do a little business together.=[QUOTE]

That's the guy, i also do business with him and his business partner here in Texas. He's gonna be in here in a week or so, I'm hoping they can find the GTS4 i want....did you get a chance to see the Veilside r32 Rob got? Its currently being shipped here...absolutely insane that one!
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #41
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasemi View Post
The bnr32 is getting no love whatsoever.
Not entirely true, it's awaiting parts right now. I ordered some JUN Racing Valve guides and Super Tech Valves. So as soon as those come in I can take it down to the machine shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Domo. Nice, Lucky. GTR seats can be pricey

I do know Rob Smith. He Own "Big-D's" We do a little business together.=

That's the guy, i also do business with him and his business partner here in Texas. He's gonna be in here in a week or so, I'm hoping they can find the GTS4 i want....did you get a chance to see the Veilside r32 Rob got? Its currently being shipped here...absolutely insane that one!

yeah I think he is there right now. It s possible but they aren't cheap if its a platform like mine.

ahh I haven't been by his shop in a while, So I have not.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 01-09-2016 at 06:15 AM..
Old 07-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #42
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Ohh please get some big 3 piece wheels and bn sports for this thing. Love this.
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:20 AM   #43
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie View Post
Ohh please get some big 3 piece wheels and bn sports for this thing. Love this.
Im thinking of a URAS kit, with either the Origin DNA wheel I posted up top or the Impuls

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #44
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I think the Uras kit will be a cool look.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #45
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Uras is like OEM Aero for HNR32's. Perfect.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:17 AM   #46
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Uras is like OEM Aero for HNR32's. Perfect.

Got a buddy that enticing me to buying his BN kit. Hard to decide.

Picked up a better trunk as well

Go a Slash plate so i could bring the car on base and get the alignment, adjust the headlights and get it CO2 checked to get this thing ready for JCI.

Surprisingly the engine runs good now after unfucking everything.

Chassis is...... ok. Rust wise its pretty good. frame rails and pinch seams have taken a beating.

I was on a time crunch all day so forgot to get more pics.

Did test fit the DNA02's Not too shabby. Just needs some camber

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #47
ZenkiDeven19
Leaky Injector

ZenkiDeven19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude I love it, please come through with a bad ass family car! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
ZenkiDeven19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:17 PM   #48
_tony_s13

_tony_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
new shift knob and boot + other interior pieces you need + gtr front grille + paint and she will look stunning, props to you sir
_tony_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #49
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiDeven19 View Post
Dude I love it, please come through with a bad ass family car! Lol
Trying to, Hopefully it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tony_s13 View Post
new shift knob and boot + other interior pieces you need + gtr front grille + paint and she will look stunning, props to you sir
yep that's all in the works, I got my old GTR hood ill slap on it, and working on picking up a BN kit from a buddy of mine.

I wanted to paint the car white but the wife thinks white is bad luck now cuz of the wreck we got in with our old Zenki S14, So now she wants to paint it Red.

Here's the kit I might be getting.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #50
ZenkiDeven19
Leaky Injector

Do you have pics of the zenki you used to have?

Old 07-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #51
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

It was nothing special, I only had it for 1-2 Months before some old fuck pull out in front of me in a parking lot.

Insurance Totaled it and ended up buying my 98 S14.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-26-2015, 10:58 AM   #52
ZenkiDeven19
Leaky Injector

I hate old fuckers that can't drive...lol

Old 07-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #53
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiDeven19 View Post
I hate old fuckers that can't drive...lol

yep, but worked out better for me. I paid 2K for that car, when it got Totaled insurance gave me 5K for the car lol

took that and bought the 98
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #54
ZenkiDeven19
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
yep, but worked out better for me. I paid 2K for that car, when it got Totaled insurance gave me 5K for the car lol

took that and bought the 98
Shit that's badass

Old 07-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #55
bhhamblin

bhhamblin is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bhhamblin
give me the RB20 bruhhhh.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #56
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhhamblin View Post
give me the RB20 bruhhhh.
lol Sorry, Probably gonna keep that as a back up for if anything happens to the RB26

Finally got a shift boot and Installed a Tomei Steering wheel with a sweet D1 Horn button from UpGarage until I can find another Tomei Button.

Just waiting on a front bumper support so I can get this thing JCI'd

Hopefully soon
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #57
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
No BN. Get Uras.

Looks good so far! Let me know if you ever want to get rid of that Navan shift knob.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:57 AM   #58
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
No BN. Get Uras.

Looks good so far! Let me know if you ever want to get rid of that Navan shift knob.

Well my buddy is giving me a great deal on it. I love to save money so ill probably be getting the BN Kit.

Shoot me a reasonable offer and I might consider parting with it. Its got some wear on it though.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #59
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

YEY PARTS!

Got a box full of interior parts for 5,000Y Jack Pot.

And got a Koyo Copper Rad

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 08-10-2015 at 01:24 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #60
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Yo where'd you get your boots from?

Went to the hobby shop here at Yokota to order some and they said they couldn't get them?! Same thing with tie-rod boots...

Btw car is already looking way better than when the PO had it lol
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote