Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #12991
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I mean sure they look similar in the sense that they have 2 doors and 4 wheels and over all proportions are similar.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #12992
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
and the headlights, and the bumper minus the spoiler, and the roofline, and pretty much everything minus the front spoiler and the rear over fenders, hence the nismo edition comment
Old 06-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #12993
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

my drawing bring everything back
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:43 PM   #12994
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
It's almost like the z33 concept was a Z revival trying to get middle aged men to buy the Z they couldn't in their youth before switching gears to pick up styling ques from the 300ZX.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:53 PM   #12995
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-carlos-ghosn?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:14 AM   #12996
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Man that is a crazy story. So much turmoil. Then add Covid impact to the whole situation.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #12997
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Part of the original deal was that the two companies would never merge but would own equal share in each other. Renault immediately went back on the deal and worked to further merge the companies from there.

None of this is surprising but how long it took Nissan executives to act.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:41 PM   #12998
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Part of the original deal was that the two companies would never merge but would own equal share in each other. Renault immediately went back on the deal and worked to further merge the companies from there.

None of this is surprising but how long it took Nissan executives to act.
Yes, Japanese companies have a long history of hating outside CEO's and influences. Articles in the early 2000's hailed Goshen for breaking past this barrier and really returning Nissan into the profit margins.

While I've always blamed him for much of Nissan's recent failings, maybe I was to harsh. Maybe the stagnation we've seen since ~2008 was the result of to much internal push back and a lack of forward synergy.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #12999
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Renault actively squashed Nissan's image as high tech and sporty while using all their engineering and manufacturing prowess to gain that for themselves.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:30 PM   #13000
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
https://news.yahoo.com/california-sh...180026843.html

Not that I'm trying to start an EV vs ICE debate, I'm genuinely curious about your opinions.
I guess they think it wasn't expensive enough for people to live in California.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #13001
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/california-sh...180026843.html

Not that I'm trying to start an EV vs ICE debate, I'm genuinely curious about your opinions.
I guess they think it wasn't expensive enough for people to live in California.
so. . . . 40% of NEW "big rigs" have to be electric by 2024, and ALL new big rigs electric by 2045.

no mention anywhere of personal vehicles having to be electric, or any methods to motivate existing owners of gasoline vehicles into retiring their dino-powered cars.

not sure how this is a terrible thing?

the biggest downside I can see is more related to power generation and transport than actual vehicles themselves. PGE just recently losing their court case regarding the norcal fires that wiped out entire towns, their staggering inability/unwillingness to maintain their infrastructure, general high costs of electricity due to dumb shit regarding the closure of San Onofre, potential shutdown of Diablo Canyon, etc.

I'm more concerned about the power grid as transportation moves toward electric, and its inability to keep up.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #13002
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
2035 maybe. I don't see this happening in less than 5 years. at best will drive shipping costs up high.

"California is once again leading the nation in the fight to make our air cleaner, becoming the first place in the world to mandate zero-emission trucks by 2045," Governor Gavin Newsom said in a Thursday statement. "Communities and children of color are often forced to breathe our most polluted air, and today's vote moves us closer toward a healthier future for all of our kids."

Yeah not sure I quite buy that sales pitch.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:06 AM   #13003
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So what about all the polution generated to mine the materials for all those batteries and also generate all the electricity to support them...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #13004
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So what about all the polution generated to mine the materials for all those batteries and also generate all the electricity to support them...
all im going to say is this... take a look at whats going on in our world right now, logic and reason have gone down the toilet. our world is now run based on feelings, being PC and cancel culture.

at the end of the day, decisions like these are being made based on "feelings" instead of logic!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #13005
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
all im going to say is this... take a look at whats going on in our world right now, logic and reason have gone down the toilet. our world is now run based on feelings, being PC and cancel culture.

at the end of the day, decisions like these are being made based on "feelings" instead of logic!
10000% the truth! Been sayn that for years and its only getn worse
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #13006
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think theres merit with the protests and some social justice calls, but I think a lot of this is going to far. I also think politicians like Gavin Nuisance is just riding on the latest bandwagon to further his own agenda. All politicians do it, but in this case its just cringey.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:23 PM   #13007
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I think theres merit with the protests and some social justice calls, but I think a lot of this is going to far. I also think politicians like Gavin Nuisance is just riding on the latest bandwagon to further his own agenda. All politicians do it, but in this case its just cringey.
So how much of the right thing is too much? Too correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
2035 maybe. I don't see this happening in less than 5 years. at best will drive shipping costs up high.

"California is once again leading the nation in the fight to make our air cleaner, becoming the first place in the world to mandate zero-emission trucks by 2045," Governor Gavin Newsom said in a Thursday statement. "Communities and children of color are often forced to breathe our most polluted air, and today's vote moves us closer toward a healthier future for all of our kids."

Yeah not sure I quite buy that sales pitch.
We're talking about numbers of new trucks purchased - explain why?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:25 PM   #13008
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post

+Rep, my friend.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:42 PM   #13009
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
I know most of us here have completely given up hope on Nissan reviving the s-chassis, but I did notice something a bit interesting while browsing the "Nissan Next" commercial comments on Youtube...

It is also one of the most liked comments in the comment section, and Nissan didn't like all that many comments...

Interesting! Though I am sure it is likely a big nothing burger, it is still a small ray of hope.

Also, mark me down as a fan of what was shown in that commercial for the Z. I really, really like it even without much in the way of detail. Instantly sportier than anything donning a Nissan badge in quite some time.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #13010
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Interesting! Though I am sure it is likely a big nothing burger, it is still a small ray of hope.
you're being VERY optimistic. I wish I wasn't so jaded. Hard to be hopeful about a company that keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

They couldn't even manage to come out with the IDx, which was one of the best concepts any mfr has produced in the last decade. The landscape would look very different for Nissan if they had. Instead they doubled down and gave us 57 new variations on a small CUV platform that no one cares about. Never in your life have any of you heard "oh wow I can't wait for the new Nissan Kicks/Juke/Rogue/Murano"

Quote:
Old 07-01-2020, 11:39 AM   #13011
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Never in your life have any of you heard "oh wow I can't wait for the new Nissan Kicks/Juke/Rogue/Murano"
BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2020, 01:10 PM   #13012
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I legit had to google what a Kick was.

Though it is not terrible looking I assume it's transmission is going to break in less than 100K miles.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:11 PM   #13013
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240

Though it is not terrible looking I assume it's transmission is going to break in less than 100K miles.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #13014
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
How the hell is it Nissan pioneered the CVT and have the most issues with it? Every other automaker seems to be doing fine with their versions of it.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:07 PM   #13015
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

we had a kicks here in the shop over xmas time for BOSE graphics install for their booth at my day job... i liked the thing TBH.

but Nissan doesnt offer it in stick here in the US (it does in EU and JP) aaaaaaaaaaand the rear straight axle thing absolutely killed it for me! the Kicks would look dope AF dumped on some nice wheels! would be a great daily and is roughly the size of my Protege5. but due to the suspension choice of straight rear axle plus lack of manual trans, not interested at all!

same thing with the Toyota CH-R. if they wouldve made it in stick, i woulda been all over that damn thing ! looks SOOOOO good on coilovers. but no manual (and lack of turbo). NOPE!

Old 07-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #13016
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I wish we got the manual trans Micra here. Would be a perfect daily commuter.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #13017
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
How the hell is it Nissan pioneered the CVT and have the most issues with it? Every other automaker seems to be doing fine with their versions of it.
Maybe it is Jatco's fault.

Interesting article that shows how many of their vehicles have issues
https://www.cashcarsbuyer.com/nissan...sion-problems/
Old 07-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #13018
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

yeah, doesn't look terrible, but HOW Nissan thinks they need 174 different CUV models, and sacrifices the BEST new design they've had since the R35 came out IN TWO THOUSAND AND NINE (which actually was first shown in 2001 as a rough demo car), is still beyond me.

insert Eric Andre meme.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #13019
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Because its a bullshit dead-end garbage technology.

Show me a single car ever that is better because of a CVT?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 04:53 AM   #13020
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021...hotos-details/

So not a Mazdaspeed in name, the new Mazda 3 Turbo will indeed have the 2.5 turbo from the CX-9 with 250hp and 320ft lb. I know the hatch isn?t for everyone but I?ve loved it from the beginning and the more I see them the MORE I love em. Sounds like a great little package.