Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Aftermarket z33 diff into s13/14 pumpkin.

I'm having some difficulty selecting a differential for my 1992 Silvia k's. I have an r200 open diff pumpkin that I would like to install a nismo lsd gt pro differential into. The problem is that those differentials come with new axle stubs.

They offer them in 3x2, 5 bolt, and 6 bolt output shafts.

3x2 axles are impossible to find new, and are all used or reman.
5 bolt axles same deal just junk reman ones or used.

They have an option to order it with 6 hole gtr style output shafts.

Does anyone happen to know if 350z and the skyline shafts share the same specs?

I'm just trying to find a way where I can run that nismo lsd, but use new z axles since they're still available new.

Also from what I've read it seems that the manual 350z diffs are the same as s13/s14 diffs. Do you think if I was to order a diff for a 350z that comes with the z output shafts that it would be able to work, as long as I use the stock ring and pinion?

Any tips or recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Also from what I've read it seems that the manual 350z diffs are the same as s13/s14 diffs..
Z33 and S-chassis R200 are not the same and the z33 carrier does not fit in the s-chassis differential.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #3
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Z33 and S-chassis R200 are not the same and the z33 carrier does not fit in the s-chassis differential.
I asked Mike kojima from motoiq, and he said they're the same internals as long as it's a manual diff and you use the s chassis ring gear and Pinion. Not sure if anyone has tried it though.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:24 AM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Why not spend the coin and just convert to the Z33 R200?