Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
Thieu
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Thieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I made my own Torso Strap and Shift/E-Brake Boots (PICS)

My friend bought one of these:

http://www.gforce.com/products/restr...soharness.html

online for about $15.

Since I'm an avid rockclimber, and I frequent REI (climbing/biking/camping, etc..) I knew they had nylon straping by the foot.

So me and said friend went there and got some great quality 2" strap for $.60/foot (got 6 feet).

Now since the store carries all sorts of camping/backpacking gear, they have replacement clips and snaps for backpacks. So I picked up a two inch quick conect for $1.75.

Voila same thing for under $6 (I got mine for under $3 since I had credit)... booya... You simply wrap it around your seat and chest and it holds you in place impressively well. Costs less than a harness, nothing to bolt in, great for autoxing or spirited driving.

Furthermore, I had seen all the redline products for shiftboots, so I decided to make my own since my mom is an upholsterer and can get leather easily. So I cut out the patterns and had her sew them together. Beautiful...

I also repainted my trip inside. I used chalkboard paint, since I had it and I noticed that it sprayed much thinner than regular paint. No bubbles, looks great.

On to the pictures... Don't mind the doggy... she jumped in when I opened the door to take pictures.

sorry for the novel..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hmm, 2 threads and no pictures?? Well, this one is closed.
Closed Thread