Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
Sil_Eighty88

Trader Rating: (0)
Sil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New turbo/manifold. Upgrade injectors? Fmic?

So I'm possibly looking into upgrading my turbo and I found a cheap kit online that has the package deal. Comes with a td05 18g turbo, new manifold etc. Should I be concerned with my stock injectors and stock intercooler on my basically stock ca18det? Or will it suffice?
Sil_Eighty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
you should upgrade otherwise risk going lean...you can try to run it and see what your AFRs are but I'm willing to bet that it will be both maxing out injectors and potentially heatsoaking the stock intercooler
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Sil_Eighty88

Trader Rating: (0)
Sil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hmm ok. Thank you for your reply. I will look into relocating the battery first and getting a Fmic and look into injectors as well.
Sil_Eighty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #4
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
if you do move the battery, make sure you use as thick of cable as possible...I have seen some people use either a skinny battery and do ok too@!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
There are a few guides out there about relocating your battery for dirt cheap, which imo are lacking.

I used 0 or 00 AWG wire for my battery to trunk relocation. You want to look in the FSM for the amperage totals for the car, which were over 100 amps. Factor in the distance (I used 15 or 19 feet) and the factor of safety (you want the wire rated higher than the amps you use) and I'm fairly certain you are in the 0 gauge and above territory.

Think about what could happen if you half ass anything.
-You want to install a "turbo kit" on a stock engine with no mention of ECU/cooling, and fuel upgrades.
-I guarantee you that this kit does not include everything you will need to even install this onto your car properly (oil/coolant lines, gaskets, hardware, downpipe etc)

You have a lot more research to do before you begin doing anything else other than basic maintenance to your car.

Not trying to sound like a douchebag, just suggesting you do more research before you blow this engine up/ possibly set your car on fire because of a "cheap" "turbo" "kit"
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote