Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ISIS brake line review

I just got a set of ISIS stainless braided brake lines from Ken @ Enjuku Racing. As always, the order process was quick and easy, and I had the brake lines a couple days later. The lines I got are for an S13 with factory brakes, but there are kits available for S14 and Z32 calipers as well.

The first impression of these lines is that they are a very high quality product, especially considering the low price. The lines are well built, and the PVC outer coating is a nice touch. The zinc plated steel fittings match the factory line bends, and thick rubber boots protect the hose end connections. My favorite feature is the swivel flare fitting that makes for an easy install.

Installation:

Installing these lines is very straightforward. The only special tool you might want is a 10mm line wrench for the brake line fittings.

1. Put car on jackstands and take ALL the wheels off

2. Remove the retaining clip that holds the brake line to chassis (there is an extra clip in the front on the lower strut mount).

REAR

FRONT

3. Disconnect rubber line from chassis hardline (use 10mm line wrench & adjustable wrench on the factory line fitting).

4. Disconnect the factory line from the brake caliper (12mm head banjo bolt)

5. Install the new lines in the reverse order that you removed the factory lines. Be sure to use the new banjo bolt & crush washers supplied with the ISIS lines. Once all the fittings are tightened, replace the retaining clips to secure the new lines to the chassis.

6. Once the new lines are installed & tightened, you can flush & bleed the brake fluid. You can use a hand vacuum pump, or have a friend pump the brake pedal while you loosed the bleeder screws on each caliper.

7. It's a good idea to clean up all the fluid that may have spilled since it eats away paint. This will also help pinpoint if there are any leaks in the system.

After I installed these lines, there was a substantial difference in pedal feel. It's now much more firm and effective. This is especially impressive because my 25 year old lines appeared to be in perfect condition.

If your factory rubber lines need to replaced, or you're looking for an improvement in your brake pedal feel, I would highly recommend these ISIS brake lines from Enjuku.

http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...89%252d98.html

http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...89%252d98.html
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links