Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #151
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
speechless...

Last edited by Malik; 04-22-2018 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: sayin less
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2018, 01:47 AM   #152
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
whew! just got home from super d. ended up spending an extra week in socal to make up for spending the last few months working on the car to my girlfriend

we left friday at 3am to head to the track. got there around noon and set up the booth

took the car out and gripped for several laps, trying to break the new clutch in

but that didn't last long as naoki appeared in my rear view mirror and i couldn't hold back so i let it rip. the clutch seemed to be working

but after a few laps and ejecting the rear bumper, things started feeling kinda funky. went back to gripping and the clutch was slipping under boost kept gripping the rest of the day and then saturday morning and it started to feel like it was grabbing through the rpm's. but apparently it wasn't enough because after the first drifting turn it started slipping again.

i parked it in pits to save it, hoping that i'd at least be able to get in a run of team tandem before glazing it completely, but as soon as my team mates left the line, my revs shot to the moon without the car moving anywhere i'm such an idiot. but on the bright side at least the lack of driving kept the aero destruction to a minimum i guess

drove straight to my buddy's shop and dropped the car off still on the trailer when i got back to sac so we can fix it this weekend. guess i'm just gonna replace the clutch and flywheel with a more robust combo just in case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 04-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #153
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kviper52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
whoa. this is killer man just catching up.
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=657376
Kviper52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #154
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
this car is so hot
Old 04-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #155
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Wow, yes! Looks excellent
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #156
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Id cut you a decent deal on my os giken twin plate lol, love this freakin build
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #157
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
^thanks guys!

no pics to go with this update, sorry :'(

i pulled the trans and found the clutch and flywheel to be in ok condition. so i was a bit confused until my buddy's co worker pointed out i was missing the clutch fork retainer clip thing that holds it onto the pivot ball. to be honest, i didn't even know there was one. never seen one on any of the transmissions i've ever had. also noticed the inside of the throwout bearing was a bit scuffed (where there's the larger recess between the front and rear shoulders... idk how to explain..). i'm thinking when i was putting the trans back in, the throwout was too far forward on the input shaft and was stuck on the shoulder inside the throwout, not allowing the clutch to fully engage. seems like an odd problem to have, but it makes sense now that i think about the weird clutch "engagement" point.

anyway, hopefully that was the issue. new registration tags are on the way so i can drive the car on the street once again and break the clutch in the proper way.

also, the k20 head has been assembled and ready to go on, but now i gotta prep the k24 block for it oh and i scored a bmw zf 5spd. accumulating parts slooowly, but surely.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #158
deolio
Post Whore!

been driving around town a bit. taking it easy on the clutch. so far so good

Old 05-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #159
itsMikey

itsMikey is an unknown quantity at this point
amazing work..loving the cars overall look
itsMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:03 PM   #160
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
toooooo good
Old 05-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #161
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Best coupe in America.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #162
dalecl9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dalecl9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow, what an awesome build man. Inspiration for me to get back to work on my pos
dalecl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #163
deolio
Post Whore!

^thanks doods!

so, i've been kinda taking a break from cars. got super busy with work and moved, and kinda got burnt out from always breaking and fixing shit haha

i was looking for a civic for a daily and for some grip racin' fun. really wanted to drive vtec club n2 class with friends. i found a PERFECT, super clean, single owner, ek ex sedan for a steal, but when i called the seller to let him know i was on my way (after we had arranged to meet up) he let me know he sold the car like 20 min after we had made arrangements. i was very sad.

today though, i went to my friend's house. he's had this hatch sitting there for a couple months that he and his gf bought for parts. we got to talking about it annnnnnd i decided to buy it. i just can't stay away from the s chassis. plan is still to kinda set it up as a grip car, but i'd still like to be able to drift it while the coupe is down for the k swap.

apparently there's a build thread on here somewhere for it? haven't poked around trying to find it yet. comes with kouki tails, oem rain visors, working dcc, bmc delete, wire tuck, milspec harness, clean black interior with brand new plastics, 4.6 with a welded, a shit ton of earls fittings, and a hand full of other things. pretty excited. wanted a hatch forever. just never really worked out until now.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:58 AM   #164
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Fuck yes on the hatch ideas
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:02 AM   #165
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
waiting for the link to the previous owners build thread
Old 08-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #166
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Me too . .

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #167
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
me three...

(but I am enjoying reading through this one. And awaiting K-something something content)
Old 08-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #168
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
just spent WAY too long trying to find it. maybe the p.o. will stumble across this thread at some point and chime in
Old 08-10-2018, 10:15 PM   #169
The_Element_911

The_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
^ah yeah, brown/maroon-ish. doesn't seem appropriate for this thread now hahaha

but yeah uh...

got the sr in

had a long internal debate about changing the color of the car. in the end i decided it didn't really make sense to not paint it just because it's a two tone. the only thing that made me question it is other people, and other people can fuck off, so i went for it some day i would like to return it to two tone though haha
Nice to see how the car has evolved.

And don't worry about changing it to two-tone, I'm buying a black one and making it two-tone
Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #170
deolio
Post Whore!

just started working on the hatch a little. hopefully the wheels, rotors, and coils will come in this week and i'll be able to bring it home.

replaced the flca's and put 5 lug hubs on. ball joints were straight REKT. $25 for brand new oem lca's with ball joints and bushings is hard to beat! the tension rods have also seen better days, but i'll change them out later on.

also, i finally got the hatch's po's username. this was the build thread for this car, but none of the pics work.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #171
deolio
Post Whore!

wheels, tires, rotors, and pads came in so i went over to my buddy's house and installed them, loaded the car up, and brought it home.

had to organize the shit out of the garage to make space for the car. moved from a 3 bedroom, 2 car garage house to this dinky 1 bedroom, 1 car garage (landlord uses the other half of the garage) house so space is tight.

and THEN i traded injectors with my friend since the ones i bought had the wrong plug type and put them in the coupe and drove it home. it had been sitting at my parent's house for a couple months while i was dealing with moving. on the way i noticed the car was running much more rich than before. the previous owner of my motor had said the injectors were 550's, but now i'm suspecting that they weren't so now it looks like it'll need a new tune, but the clutch is still slipping so i guess it's just a garage ornament for now

Old 09-02-2018, 08:31 PM   #172
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
It is a very cool garage ornament though!
Old 10-29-2018, 07:02 PM   #173
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
It is a very cool garage ornament though!
haha thanks!

i ended up checking the injectors and it was just a torn o-ring thankfully

started driving the car around again, trying to do a legit break in on the clutch. felt pretty good. probably put around 250 miles on it, which is about 90% more break in time than any other clutch i've ever put in. second and third gear pulls felt solid. no signs of slipping at all, but living where i do, a 4th gear pull was out of the question.

pretty much just prayed that it'd be ok and decided to street drive the car to an event at thunder hill in hopes that some extra break-in time would ensure it'd hold. but being the dickhead i am, as soon as i got on 80 east i gave it the beans in 4th gear and just slipped the fuck out of the clutch once boost hit.

i drove like a grandma the rest of the way to sacramento to grab some wheels and tires and then up to willows, knowing that i was doomed yet again hahaha i shoulda just bought a higher rated clutch to begin with or at least switched to it the first time i pulled the trans back off, but i'm the worst mechanic ever so...

i drifted anyways

got like 5 runs in before it started getting sketchy. then drove it back to my friend's shop in sacramento to change out the clutch hopefully this weekend. got another event coming up the following weekend so it'd be pretty cool to finally get in my first full event of 2018... in november...
Old 10-31-2018, 08:39 PM   #174
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
I like!

Can’t wait to see the next reiteration!
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #175
deolio
Post Whore!

after countless people's suggestions, i ended up ordering an exedy stage 2 cerametalic 3-puc and flywheel. the car was sitting at my buddy's shop for a couple weeks and when i went there to install the clutch, it started smoking like crazy. figured it would just burn off, so i loaded it on the trailer and took it home.

i removed the livery and finally got around to painting and installing the box canards.

also decided to give grippy front tires another go

went to the track and unloaded the car the day before so i could somewhat "break in" the clutch on the way to and from the hotel. the car smoked pretty bad when i unloaded it, but i still thought it would go away, but on the 10 minute drive to the hotel, nothing changed clutch felt great though

figured the valve seals or guides were the source of the oil burning. had my friend follow me to the track in the morning to verify the smoke was mostly on idle and decel, which it was.

like always, i said fuck it, and still drove, despite blowing more smoke than a subaru meet. just added a bit of oil a couple times throughout the day. i've been planning on doing a refresh anyway because i don't trust the work we did a couple years ago when i had the motor in and out 3 times in 6 months or whatever, so i figured any additional damage done would be fixed anyway haha

drove with roy all day. super fun challenge to keep up with him. 255 nt05 @28psi vs 225 kr20 @20psi hahaha

also worked on chucks a bit at the end of the day (last clip of vid below). i've never really tried to throw "backies" before, because my focus has always been on tandem and consistency. was a fun change of pace. the car definitely feels way better with grip up front now. next is to get the back end hooked up a bit better too... once the motor is in good shape...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfLkkN6SUgU
Old 11-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #176
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
this is rugged.

primo beats go well with that video.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #177
deolio
Post Whore!

finally got a chance to head to the shop to pull the motor. upon disassembly of the front end, i found a ton of oil in the intercooler and ic piping, which typically means blown turbo seals. i did a ton of research to figure out which size oil restricter was the correct one for the t28 when i swapped to it so i'm a bit baffled there... that seems to suggest that the valve stem seals are "ok," but i already went ahead and ordered a set of replacements just in case.

a familiar sight... looking forward to giving the bay some tidying up and a fresh coat of paint. standing there looking at the front end was driving me crazy though. it looks crooked as hell and the body panels fit like shit, but i measured everything and it all seems square. even this picture makes it look tweaked. i really need to get it on a frame rack one of these days haha

look at how caked with oil this thing is. only put like mayyyybeeee 2000 miles on it since the last time it was out of the car and clean. we're planning on hopefully street driving our cars (dom, nick, aaron, and i) out to final bout gallery, so despite there possibly not being any internal issues with the motor, i'd like to reseal everything and just make sure everything is in spec before setting off on the 5000 mile round trip.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:09 AM   #178
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
What are the details on final bout gallery? I feel like I miss a ton of shit not being on instagram.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #179
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thoroughly enjoyed this read thus far.

Still can't wrap my head around how Cali dudes have a hard time getting away with a header on their KA cars yet other drive cars like this on the street?
Thursday7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #180
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Still can't wrap my head around how Cali dudes have a hard time getting away with a header on their KA cars yet other drive cars like this on the street?
its quite simple actually. just use your imagination.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote