Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Trader Rating: (0)
West has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to West
Rendering of the 2011 Nissan 240SX/Silvia and the 2010 Nissan Micra

_____

We’ve lost track of the number of times we’ve seen renderings from Japanese publications showing what the Nissan 240SX / Silvia might look like when it debuts sometime in 2010/2011. In its forthcoming October issue, Japanese car magazine ‘Best Car’ takes another shot at the forthcoming 240SX / Silvia replacement that is said to be based on a modified version of the 350Z's FM rear-wheel-drive platform. Additionally, along with the new 240SX / Silvia photoshop, Best Car also shows a rendering of the next-generation Micra (March in Japan) and in particular, the range-topping sport version. Speculation is that the sport Micra will be equipped with a 1.6-liter turbocharged engine powering the front wheels. -One more pic after the jump

Source: 2011 Nissan 240SX – Silvia and 2010 Micra Turbo Renderings - Carscoop

Without doubt, the Nissan 240SX/Silvia was one of the most appreciated RWD japanese cars in the past, and people have often wondered when was Nissan going to bring back the much loved model. Sure the 350Z is a good car, but the feeling that you got from a Silvia was undescribable, such being the case that a lot of drifters and car racers choose versions of the 240SX for their competition cars. Recently, Best Car published some renderings on what the 2011 Silvia and the Turbocharged version of the Micra will look like.
In 240SX’s case, a few rumours are thrown in, that it will be based on a highly modified version of the Rear Wheel Drive platform found on the current 350Z which has proved its reliability. The Turbo version of the Micra is rumoured to be powered by a 1.6 litre turbocharged engine coupled to a front wheel drive system, which will be capable of taking the small car to quite some speed, although no performance specs were released. Until then, enjoy the pictures.

Source: Rendering of the 2011 Nissan 240SX/Silvia and the 2010 Nissan Micra | Auto Unleashed
Old 08-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
nice.................................
Oo_Skyline_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
very nice........
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I am liking that front end. Its the best rendering I have seen yet.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #5
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
I'm gonna go against the flow here and say IMHO it looks like shit.

Recently all cars are starting to look SO much the same, it's a little ridiculous.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
crozzover69
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
crozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mmmm

Ya i agree, the design cues taken from the
the s-15 are subtle yet different. The only challenge
for them i think will be not making that car
a fatty like the altima coupe
crozzover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #7
ramman434
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ramman434 will become famous soon enoughramman434 will become famous soon enoughramman434 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That looks much better. However, the front seems a bit bulgy. They need to slim down the front hood and fenders so that the car appears a bit smaller and lower
ramman434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
jrbump
Zilvia Addict

jrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond repute
Please build that.
jrbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I like it, looks much more like a Silvia than any of the previous renderings. It'd be interesting to see a 2.0 Litre turbo like the one they're putting in the March in this new Silvia.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
l8nightjay
Leaky Injector

l8nightjay is on the path to ruinl8nightjay is on the path to ruin
yeah not so much of a fan of this rendering. kinda has a euro look to the front, but getting progressively better ...
l8nightjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mRclARK1 View Post
I'm gonna go against the flow here and say IMHO it looks like shit.

Recently all cars are starting to look SO much the same, it's a little ridiculous.
Yeah seriously. Most new cars are just dull and uninspiring...especially economy cars/sedans and crossovers. Nissan is disappointing me as of late with their redesigns.

It's just a rendering though so I'm not gonna go too crazy about it. I still gotta say that the front end needs work. It also needs to be wider...like Lotus Espirit wide.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
Looks gay. If i had to choose between this and an s15 i would get the 15. Not aggressive enough for me.

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #13
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

i need more.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #14
shade
Zilvia Junkie

shade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond repute
Looks too big, like all the other Nissan cars that are out. Hoping it to be small as the S13.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #15
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
kinda reminds me of a TSX/TL
Old 08-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #16
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Silvia looks like a rx8 had Its way with a Tsx who then raped a altima...

Pulsar thingy looks like a.. Srt-4 raped a nissan versa
Old 08-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #17
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
I'd hit it

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:12 AM   #18
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
I wont be picky, yeah things here and there could be a little more appealing, but hey something is better than nothing. id rather have that than no new 240sx at all. There will always be ways to make it look decent! Slammed and aggressive offset wheels! it would def. grow on me.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #19
WTFaNG
Leaky Injector

WTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enoughWTFaNG will become famous soon enough
SR16VET!? that would be sweeeeeeet
WTFaNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #20
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
looks like an Opel GT

let me rephrase that... it looks like an ULGY version of an Opel GT

GM styling FTL
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #21
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
looks like an Opel GT

let me rephrase that... it looks like an ULGY version of an Opel GT

GM styling FTL
In case you have not realized, Solstice/Sky, same car.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #22
dtc 360RT
Zilvia Addict

Location: You can tell how I walk, I ain't from around herr..Five6Duece, Kings Only
dtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to dtc 360RT
just about everything gm is opel....started with the catera/cts, now the soltice/sky, saturn vue/pontiac torrent, saturn outlook/gmc acadia, chevy malibu/saturn aura, pontiac vibe,toyota matrix........no that's toyota, making sure you guys are paying attention.

back on topic.......new 240, i'd buy it. nissan's gotta do something.
i spotted a new hyundai genesis coupe on the 405 last week. was stuck in traffic, i asked the guy what was in it...yelled back "rwd, v6 300hp!!" RWD?!?! also said theres gonna be a turbo 4 cylinder.

found these on an australian website. 2010 nissan silvia

DTCPerformance.com, Socal-Drift.com, Myspace.com/Dtcperformance
DTC 360RT Review
dtc 360RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
In case you have not realized, Solstice/Sky, same car.
yes, I do know that... but what's you're point? The Solstice LOOKS completely different.

out of the 3 the front end looks most like the Opel. I suppose you could say it's nearly identical to the sky, but if nothing else the opel badge makes the grill look more like the Nissan. Besides the sky borrows the styling from the Opel family, not the other way around.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #24
IStop4NoMan
Zilvia Junkie

IStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant future
its an M35 front. all other gtfo
IStop4NoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #25
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStop4NoMan View Post
its an M35 front. all other gtfo
I hadn't thought of that but you're right... it's like a slightly sharper version of an M35
Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #26
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
im guessing most of you dont know about the 2010 200sx/Silvia thread on here already

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...pe-thread.html

and heres a link to the very detailed FAQ ive written about the new 2010 200sx/Silvia

autoilluminati » Blog Archive » The “un-official” 2010 Nissan 200sx/Silvia FAQ

and just to kind of fill everyone in...the new 200sx/Silvia cannot and will not resemble past S chassis...small sports cars are a thing of the past guys...sorry to say...because of design standards and safety standards...future cars will never resemble their smaller cousins of the 90s

so everyone wanting the new 200sx/silvia to look like a 90s car...it wont happen...so stop bitching about it

i for one am stoked to see a newly designed 200sx/Silvia...i love the FM platform designs as they stand...it took me a little while to get into em...but after starring at the 350z and G35 for so long (especially when i was designing the shirts for them)...i have fallen head over heals in love with that platform...and my love extends greatly for the fact the 350z drives like a dream...car feels SO planted to the road...and the chassis is insanely stiff...blows the S13/S14 out of the water 100%

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #27
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
remember when you 1st saw a FD, or the s15...kind of made the little hairs on your body and go "oooh thats a nice piece of machinery" nothing new does that anymore. Shit the FD still looks better than 80% of the new platforms coming out there.

noone has soul anymore.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #28
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I am liking that front end. Its the best rendering I have seen yet.
I second this motion. It seems like its more of an evolution to the s15
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #29
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
i saw the actual mag. it looks good to me. the back looks good as well.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #30
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
and just to kind of fill everyone in...the new 200sx/Silvia cannot and will not resemble past S chassis...small sports cars are a thing of the past guys...sorry to say...because of design standards and safety standards...future cars will never resemble their smaller cousins of the 90s

so everyone wanting the new 200sx/silvia to look like a 90s car...it wont happen...so stop bitching about it
How exactly do you figure? Just look at the Miata or the S2000, small RWD cars are still around, heck look at the yaris, the fit, the prius, etc. even the older 240s are monstrous compared to those tin cans on wheels.

Yeah safety standards are more strict but that doesn't me we wont see a small FR chassis.