Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #121
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
That's pretty awesome for SOME applications but what does that thing cost? Is it actually worth the investment for most of us?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #122
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Speaking of jacks, whats your guys take on quick jacks?
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:25 PM   #123
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
That's pretty awesome for SOME applications but what does that thing cost? Is it actually worth the investment for most of us?
Under $300 at tool stores of ill repute.

Probably more than a 240 if it's got the right stickers on it.

Do it with a tranny jack and a pallet once, and this would have paid for itself.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:48 PM   #124
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
It is 4200 & totally worth it for us that do this professionally. I totally agree its not for the diy guy, but I know there are some professionals on this forum. Just sharing cool tools & equipment in the tool thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
Speaking of jacks, whats your guys take on quick jacks?
I absolutely love mine ! Use them through out my entire race season 8 times a year for the past 4 years. I absolutely do not miss the jack & stand days at the track. Worth every last cent.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:55 AM   #125
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
I absolutely love mine ! Use them through out my entire race season 8 times a year for the past 4 years. I absolutely do not miss the jack & stand days at the track. Worth every last cent.
That's great to hear. The price has been a little bit of a deterrent for me plus the fact that its not the tallest thing so its more like tall jack stand but the thought of not having to possibly jack up on a bad spot or having to get four jack stands out to get all 4 wheels off the ground is a nice idea.

What about MaxxJacks? Those have also been a contemplation. I would love a full benpack 2 post but its a bit big.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:04 AM   #126
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
That's great to hear. The price has been a little bit of a deterrent for me plus the fact that its not the tallest thing so its more like tall jack stand but the thought of not having to possibly jack up on a bad spot or having to get four jack stands out to get all 4 wheels off the ground is a nice idea.

What about MaxxJacks? Those have also been a contemplation. I would love a full benpack 2 post but its a bit big.
Spend the 1200 bucks and get the quick jacks they are made by Benpack. They are very mobile & easy and the height is a lot more than you think trust me. I have a friend who is .....lets just say rather large & he can get on a creeper and slide under the car & work just fine. They have safety locks. When you lower the car it comes down & sits on them just like a standard two & four post do. Bang for your buck sir.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:31 AM   #127
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
QuickJack's are something I have in my personal shop. We have 4 standard 2-posts and then a weird 45'x12' portion of the shop that only has 11' ceilings so we have 2 that go from bay to bay as needed. It's quite the unit.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:38 AM   #128
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Upon a suggestion here, I purchased a KNIPEX set to replace some blown out shitters I had from BluePoint and my LORD are these the bees knees. Thank you for the suggestion. Also recently bought a new lift for the garage space and made a 'portable press' for subframe bushings and what not using two 3/4" pieces of steel with a centered hole and some high-quality hardware. Makes shit much easier than using a press or slapping it with a mallet. I've seen the technique used before but usually pretty gaff.

We need to get this thread alive again.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #129
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Upon a suggestion here, I purchased a KNIPEX set to replace some blown out shitters I had from BluePoint and my LORD are these the bees knees. Thank you for the suggestion. .
knipex is one of the best quality brands I've ever used.
I've had a few sets of their side cutters, cobra pliers, and when they released their pliers wrench it was a total game changer. So good for doing alignments

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #130
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

That's actually what I just purchased. Why are the Cobra's so much cheaper minus a non-flattened jaw?
Old 08-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #131
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I know its on the specialty side of things but I love my UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool.
https://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-.../dp/B0002SRH5G
It makes it a breeze to check for leaks and refills the coolant in less than 5 minutes. Don't even need to bleed the system.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:43 AM   #132
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
That's actually what I just purchased. Why are the Cobra's so much cheaper minus a non-flattened jaw?
I think because the pliers wrench is a fairly new product, only on the market a few years, while the cobra pliers are one of their older products. I've had mine for about 15yrs now.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #133
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I think because the pliers wrench is a fairly new product, only on the market a few years, while the cobra pliers are one of their older products. I've had mine for about 15yrs now.
It's possible. I just actually got them in today and they look amazing. Quality is there and I already have a project that requires them so I'll check back on performance.

I've also been stockpiling on BluePower [Cornwell's 'other' line] and BluePoint [SnapOn's 'other' line] sockets and wrenches to fill a dedicated trailer box and it's uncanny how good this shit really is. Minus some flashy punched numbers and shit, they work just as expected. Did some tolerance and abuse tests and they're on par. For those looking for a lifetime warranty brand without investing that serious coin that isn't shit and have access to a tool truck, don't be afraid to ask for deals on that sort of stuff. Cornwell is doing BOGO literally every month on something. I think I filled my spare SnapOn single bank tool box that is in the trailer with 1/4", 1/2", 3/8" metric sockets, combination wrenches, pliers and some other stuff for well under $1000. Only thing that will float are my Milwaukee FUEL tools, jacks and a few other odds and ends but for the most part, no more going back and forth and having a dreadful unloading day.