Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
The Reviews Thread.

So, we have reviews on individual businesses and shops, but nothing for individual parts. Even when I do find reviews on parts dealers websites, they usually leave something to be desired, and I usually don't trust them from a site that's trying to get your money.

So here's the parts review thread.

A loose format I was thinking, just to keep things a little uniform.

1.The part
2.The price you paid
3.Where you got it (A link if you can would be great!)
4.Initial impression : What did you think right out of the box? Any defects?
5.Installation : How smoothly did things go? What problems did you encounter? Would you of changed anything?
6.End result : This you can give right after you're done, or if you want to give a long haul review and update your experience after you've put some miles on it, thats great

These reviews can be on ANYTHING, just try to keep the complaints about shipping times, refunds, shifty dealers, and anything of the sort, to a minimum. This thread is for the parts, not the businesses that sell them.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:15 PM   #2
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
1. Complete rear end kit for a S14 from GKTech.
2. $1,174 for the kit as spec'd + $34 for the lockout hardware + shipping/tax.
3. All the rear control arms, helms, spindles, helms, hardware. I also bought the lockout kit with this but I feel like those bolts and washers don't need their own review.
4. The quality is definitely there. Competing against brands like FDF and Wisefab, it was a little less money which made me wonder where they skimped. I couldn't find anything that was poorly made. The only issue I had was 2 of the helms for the lower control arm were very stiff. GKTech replaced them for free including shipping no questions asked. I had them in 2 days after I discussed with Dan about what was going on. The spindles are pre-drilled for dual calipers and if you choose to retain the emergency brake setup, it has all the provisions for that as well.
5. Installation was a breeze. I knew how to install everything. The only thing I had to watch a video about was the ball joint setup to know where the washers went. For those who buy this kit will know what I'm talking about. The good thing is they have a video for literally everything as well as 3D engineering pictures. If you can't figure it out, you're a moron. Total installation was probably around an 60-90 minutes per side after bench-setting everything.
6. The end result is definitely a thing of art. The arms work together to where under coil compression, the angle of the spindle never changes. This kit is worth every penny.

SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Coil simulator relay I bought off eBay for $34, I have a s12 87 200sx and I got the original tachometer to work with my Sr20det swap. Works great!!! Only have to wire up 4 connections!

Link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TACH-TACHOM...5-71748f26b003

coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote