Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
Charity

Trader Rating: (0)
Charity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
300zx FS - Good price?

Been looking for a 300zx to buy and daily in NJ, finally came across a 300zx that actually had some potential.

5 SPD manual, Black, 90k miles, 2+0 1990 300zx.

No rust on the frame/underbody at all except a screw fell out of the shroud covering the gas lines, screw hole has some rust in it, doesn't seem to be cancerous/spreading and should be an easy treatment. Paint is in good condition, but clear coat is starting to peel off. Owner recently rolled the fenders, installed brand new tires (DOT striping still on all four tires), and did a 90k engine kit (everything but timing belt). Has receipts for all of the above work.

Car started in ~25-30degree weather without any indications of issues. Idles normally, doesn't smell or give off a worrying color smoke from tail pipes. Had owner rev the engine, again no smoke/smell/idle issues present. Held car at 3000RPM for 10-15 seconds, no air or liquid leaks present, turned car off, let it sit for a couple minutes, started again no issues starting or smell/color.

Drove vehicle, pulled nicely, good power through RPM, breaking felt a little weak but I feel that's more because the 300zx is still on it's stock calipers. Didn't have any idling issues or shifting issues while driving was able to get it into 5th gear and coast nicely.

Engine/Trans is completely stock from what I saw/noticed. Not concerning rust of oil leaks on the block/engine mounts/battery tray. Checked all jacking points (had issues with my past 300zx's) no signs of rust or damage. I've run the VIN, do history of accidents or issues with the title.

Issues: AC needs to be recharged, needs clear coat, new back up/tail lights, car is lowered may be of some concern with winter coming as I no longer have a winter vehicle.

Was able to agree on 6500$ for the car, told owner that I needed time to gather the finances. What do you guys think? Is it a good price or am I paying too much? Haven't been in the market for a 300zx in a long time, last time I bought one think I paid ~2,000 for one that wasn't running and took me 1/2months to get in decent shape. Don't mind working on the car, just want something reliable.
Charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links