Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
$100 Off Online Purchase of 4 Tires.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

$100 off every set(4) of tires plus free ground shipping, can't beat that

Offer expires Oct 20th!

Perfect for those that burn through them fairly often; time to stock up
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
wow. i totally missed this. time to buy a set of tires for the event.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nice. i need tires too.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:55 AM   #4
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
awesome deal!

do these chunk? or are they ok for drifting?
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...38&rd=17&ar=45

cuz theyre $45 a peice with this deal

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #5
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ253 View Post
awesome deal!

do these chunk? or are they ok for drifting?
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...38&rd=17&ar=45

cuz theyre $45 a peice with this deal
Uhhh... Read the reviews. Seems to be alot of issues with those tires falling apart.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:19 AM   #6
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Damn! no federals?

Might be going with falkens... Gotta make up my mind in 2 days!

Last edited by 2iv0 sx; 10-18-2007 at 02:51 AM..
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #7
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
cool, i just ordered a set of st115....thanks for the info!
hahaha
jeeper_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:58 AM   #8
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Peeerrrrfect timing! I was planning on buying 4 new tires this Friday, this is a great deal! +rep for you sir
Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 AM   #9
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2iv0 sx View Post
Damn! no federals?

Might be going with falkens... Gotta make up my mind in 2 days!
get 912s

they have good treadwear and good grip. im still not that good at drifting and all, but a new pair on the rear of my car (@ 40psi) lasted a whole day with a lot of tread left.

i put in a new pair in the front still looks good too and it's been through two events and i use it daily.

treadwear rating is 360 if i remember right.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:10 AM   #10
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Yeah it was either those or the fk-452..

Thanks for telling me!
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #11
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
NICE, I need some tires pretty badly.

$236 for 4 Neogens to my door? Not bad at all. Though I can't find much input on whether or not the Neogens are actually decent...

EDIT: Hmmm...choices are:

Nitto NT Neogen VR - 205/50/16
Dunlop DZ101 - 195/50/16
Kumho SPT - 205/55/16
Yoko Parada Spec II - 205/45/16

...all for about the same cheap-ass price. Hmm....
SHIFT_*grind* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 AM   #12
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
+ rep to you, now I've got new tires.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB200SX View Post
NICE, I need some tires pretty badly.

$236 for 4 Neogens to my door? Not bad at all. Though I can't find much input on whether or not the Neogens are actually decent...

EDIT: Hmmm...choices are:

Nitto NT Neogen VR - 205/50/16
Dunlop DZ101 - 195/50/16
Kumho SPT - 205/55/16
Yoko Parada Spec II - 205/45/16

...all for about the same cheap-ass price. Hmm....
I liked the Neo Gens on my car.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #14
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Really? I'm doing as much research as I can right now to figure out exactly what I want to go with, and all the comments I can find on the NeoGen just write it off as a crappy ricer show tire. Same with the Parada Spec II. They grip pretty well?

I don't drift, and it doesn't really snow in VA Beach, so I'm mainly looking for grip and dry/wet handling.

They also have the Ecsta ASX in the sizes I want, which scored just slightly behind the SPT in dry handling/traction on TireRack's consumer survey...
Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #15
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Yeah, I had them on my car, awesome in the rain, and they gripped well IMO.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #16
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Neo Gens are crap for drifting but OK for DD and mild spirited driving. They get slimey then chunk when hot. I had them on the front at one event and it killed any steering input, excessive understeer ftl.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #17
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Right now I'm leaning towards the Yoko Parada Spec IIs, or the BFG GForce Sports (though they're a teeny bit pricier). At any rate though, rep to you for pointing out the savings. Thanks

edit: Also trying to decide whether a 205/40/16 is alright, or if it's too slim and I should go with a 45 profile...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #18
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB200SX View Post
Right now I'm leaning towards the Yoko Parada Spec IIs, or the BFG GForce Sports (though they're a teeny bit pricier). At any rate though, rep to you for pointing out the savings. Thanks

edit: Also trying to decide whether a 205/40/16 is alright, or if it's too slim and I should go with a 45 profile...
Thanks

205/50, 40 profile is way small, not even the Miata guys run it, LOL.

Dont forget, this offer CAN be combined with any other existing offer on their site, ex: $100 instant savings + $80 mail in rebate for Pirelli or $40 mail in for BFG's
Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #19
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suk02Si View Post
$40 mail in for BFG's
Oh shit, I didn't realize that. HMMmmmm, I think my decision just got made for me =D
Old 10-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Yeah its great

BFG G-Force Sport 205/60/15 Reg $324, with instant savings AND mail in rebate = $184.00
Old 10-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #21
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
thats for the heads up killah +rep for you
-los
Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
JohnJohn86
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
JohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OMG! I thought my local tire warehouse is cheap and tires.com beat them by $80 for a set of Falken 912.

NICE! THX!

Buying 2 sets now!
JohnJohn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #23
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Oh just to note this is any tires or/and wheels. I'm about to go max out my card... I dunno if it's a good idea.

They have FN too.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #24
bboyt3nsk
Zilvia Member

bboyt3nsk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bboyt3nsk
Yes def reps for you sir!
I really needed tires, much appreciated!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #25
Chitown_B14
Leaky Injector

Chitown_B14 will become famous soon enoughChitown_B14 will become famous soon enoughChitown_B14 will become famous soon enoughChitown_B14 will become famous soon enough
Nice find. I was looking to get a set of winter tires too. 4 Hankook Icebear W300 for $204.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #26
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Got me 4 BFG gForce Sport 205/50/Z16 for $252 shipped to my door after the rebate.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #27
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my buddy is a salesman at discount & told me about this last night! But we already get better pricing on the dz101s Too bad discount doesn't carry federals, oh well.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #28
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Just to note you can mix and match anything wheels or tires with the discount.

For those that need wheels.
MB Weapon (4) 17x9 can't remember the offset for $460

This is no joke of a deal. Free shipping and -$100 bucks for any 4 wheels and/or tires.
Also if you buy wheels and tires they mount them for you too. =D
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #29
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChow View Post
Just to note you can mix and match anything wheels or tires with the discount.

For those that need wheels.
MB Weapon (4) 17x9 can't remember the offset for $460

17x9 +17. And that price is cheaper than the current advertiser special here, and the previous group buy!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #30
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Damn nice, if only they let you get away with buying two.