Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
Dorikato

Trader Rating: (0)
Dorikato is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 1990 240sx No Cluster Illumination Or Running Lights

Alright, so I'm tearing my hair out here trying to figure this out. I have NO cluster illumination (besides dummy lights, clock, high beam & turn signal dash indicators) nor do I have DRLs, headlights and BRAKE lights work, as well as my reverse lights. I've tried 3 different TCU boxes, 2 different light switches (stalk/multi function switches), and two different dimmer switches. No blown fuses, replaced them ALL just to be sure. The ONLY way I can get gauge cluster illumination is to feed 12v to the red/yellow wire that is attached to the dimmer switch. I've tried grounding the red/yellow etc to bypass it with no luck. I'm fine with running it that way, but it still does not solve my DRLs not coming on at all.

Any insight into what could be the problem?!
Dorikato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #2
S13loverdrift1

S13loverdrift1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to S13loverdrift1
Have you traced the voltage and seen if you get voltage out of the light switch maybe it’s not making contact anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S13loverdrift1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:06 PM   #3
h3avy.t

h3avy.t is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorikato View Post
Alright, so I'm tearing my hair out here trying to figure this out. I have NO cluster illumination (besides dummy lights, clock, high beam & turn signal dash indicators) nor do I have DRLs, headlights and BRAKE lights work, as well as my reverse lights. I've tried 3 different TCU boxes, 2 different light switches (stalk/multi function switches), and two different dimmer switches. No blown fuses, replaced them ALL just to be sure. The ONLY way I can get gauge cluster illumination is to feed 12v to the red/yellow wire that is attached to the dimmer switch. I've tried grounding the red/yellow etc to bypass it with no luck. I'm fine with running it that way, but it still does not solve my DRLs not coming on at all.

Any insight into what could be the problem?!

I have a similar issues in my 180SX, it is intermittent. Sometimes I will have to hit the/tap the light stalk in order for my dash + tail lights to come on....rarely but sometimes while driving over a bump the lights will go off, but again a hit will bring them back.

I have yet to do something about it...
h3avy.t is offline   Reply With Quote