Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Please Help! Vert drivers side quarter window!

I noticed my vert drivers side quarter window wouldn’t roll up so I started to do some investigating. I took off the rear interior panel and the trim that goes above the window. Still very hard to see in there. The window was loose so I pulled it out. When I push the window switch button up or down I hear the motor move up/down for about 3 seconds (idk if it should be moving for longer to get the window all the way up or down?)

Either way I have no idea how to fix this & it’s not easy to get a good view in there where the window guide is located. On top of that I don’t really know what it should look like inside there if it were hooked up correctly. Looks like some broken clips on the window?

Has anybody had this happened and fixed it? Please help!

I saw something about this on NicoClub but as you can imagine none of the photos are still working.

Refer to photo of my window.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:28 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
https://imgur.com/WmVufO4

Your missing the stud that attaches the glass to the window regulator..the other 2 are guide pins that ride in a channel to help hold the glass in position while it moves up and down
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:39 PM   #3
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
https://imgur.com/WmVufO4

Your missing the stud that attaches the glass to the window regulator..the other 2 are guide pins that ride in a channel to help hold the glass in position while it moves up and down
Do you have a photo of how that stud attaches on the other side of the window? I think that piece might be attached to the little arm on the regulator in the car
Old 02-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Only see in photos, looks like the stud is attached the same was as the guide pins are.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote