Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-05-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Valve cover key holder...thing.

Hey guys, I did this awhile ago for a fellow Zilvian, just for fun. I liked how it came out so I figured I'd post up some pictures of it.

He had a spare DE valve cover sitting around that was a little rough, so I decided to make it a nice wall hanger for him to hang his keys off of. I didn't want to modify it for that sole purpose, just in case plans change for the part and someone decided to use it in the future.

Here it was when I got it. Not the worst, not the best.

Used some aircraft stripper and some elbow grease to get everything off it..

Threw it in the mix when I was priming something else (I don't have a picture of it, but I did etch prime it before I sprayed the surfacer)

Blurry photo, but this was the beginning of wet-sanding the whole thing..

After wet-sanding, polished the letters at this point, just so I'm not fighting every layer later on for the final polish..

The cover sat around for awhile before I had the energy to bring it in the booth and lay down some paint. Forgot the exact code, it came off a mazda, 2-3 coats of base, 2-3 coats of clear. Came out pretty good, only 2 dirt nibs that I could find, which buffed out later on..

The next day, came in a masked it all off to do the final polish of the letters. I think I went to either 3000 or 5000 grit

Starting to take shape..

Final product. Just bought some basic bolts and polished them up. This way if someone ever decides to use it, nothing will have to change. Threads were a little long, but a few minutes on the grinder and everything was gravy.

Again, this was just for fun, hopefully you guys like it
Old 07-05-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
merlz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great work mate! I dunno why, but i get enjoyment out of rocker cover restorations lol.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:53 AM   #3
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
yeah it was super satisfying to do. I'm a body tech, so I'm not in the paint booth every day, which made me even more happy with how it turned out.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:44 AM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks sweet!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:38 AM   #5
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Definitely a solid representation of what giving a shit looks like. Well done.

Ever considered doing fades and such? Might actually be something work getting into. There is a decent market for a professionally painted cover.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:11 AM   #6
burnsauto
Post Whore!

yeah I'd be down for something like that. JUN style all the way! I've been thinking about getting a plotter to start doing custom paintwork/airbrushing.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #7
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
Lookin fancy, I dig it.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #8
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I can send you some LS valve covers if you wanna try something out. They're flat and easy to manipulate.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #9
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I can send you some LS valve covers if you wanna try something out. They're flat and easy to manipulate.
I'll PM you tonight.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #10
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Rb set with hks black, green purple would be legit

Sr- tomei blue and coil cover yes!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #11
DarkSlide77
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really niceDarkSlide77 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
yeah it was super satisfying to do. I'm a body tech, so I'm not in the paint booth every day, which made me even more happy with how it turned out.

Looks badass bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarkSlide77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:41 AM   #12
burnsauto
Post Whore!

So I just picked up a spare S13 SR valve cover if anyone is interested in a custom paintjob, etc. PM me if you'd like.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
NEET!!! I've had this single cam cover sitting round for ages and think I might finally have a use for it.

*I've never owned a single cam KA*

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:51 AM   #14
burnsauto
Post Whore!

If you're serious, just PM me when you're ready