Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Have any of you passed IL emissions with 96+ SR?

I've done research and haven't found any solid information. I'm just wondering if it's it's possible, or if any of you have passed emissions with your 96+ sr20det [mine is a redtop]?
vinnyjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Wait what? Sr20de?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkMan View Post
Wait what? Sr20de?
i have a redtop sr20det
Old 06-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Lunghz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Lunghz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
in a 240? no.... there an illegal motor just like RB's, etc. they were never sold in the U.S. which in turn makes them automatically illegal. theres no way to legally pass them you will have to pay off a smog shop to do it under the table.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
Lunghz
Zilvia Junkie

also redtops are 94 and older, 94 and up would be a black top
Old 06-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunghz View Post
also redtops are 94 and older, 94 and up would be a black top
I have a redtop in my s14.. if it's not throwing any codes though and they don't know what motor you have couldn't you pass?
Old 06-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
Lunghz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyjdm View Post
I have a redtop in my s14.. if it's not throwing any codes though and they don't know what motor you have couldn't you pass?
okay ur car has a s13 motor in a s14... which would make it OBD1 and if your car is a 96 from what ive read above, then that would also automatically fail you, any car that came OBD2 cannot have a OBD1 motor/ecu. and no the sr20 doesn't pass smog with the pollution it puts out that's one of the other reasons the motor has never become legal.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
okay ur car has a s13 motor in a s14... which would make it OBD1 and if your car is a 96 from what ive read above, then that would also automatically fail you, any car that came OBD2 cannot have a OBD1 motor/ecu. and no the sr20 doesn't pass smog with the pollution it puts out that's one of the other reasons the motor has never become legal.
oh yeah i thought they just plug you in and that's about it. i didn't know they actually check the pollution. and my car is obd2 cuase it's a 97. this sucks lol.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Lunghz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
oh yeah i thought they just plug you in and that's about it. i didn't know they actually check the pollution. and my car is obd2 cuase it's a 97. this sucks lol.
they plug you in and rev up the car to see emissions through different RPM's, but if you have a swap just look around on forums for people around you who have a hookup for passing smog under the table. its not cheap tho, about $150+ or even close to $300 sometimes, but that's if you have to go to a star station
Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
You know Japan has no OBD1 or OBD2 right? What makes you think an engine that is not OBD compliant will pass an OBD2 test?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think Lunghz is wrong. In IL all they do is hook it up to the comp, no sniffer or reving the engine up at all. If there's no codes popping up as OP states then he should be fine. SHOULD being the key word here
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
I think Lunghz is wrong. In IL all they do is hook it up to the comp, no sniffer or reving the engine up at all. If there's no codes popping up as OP states then he should be fine. SHOULD being the key word here
you're from chicago, do you have an SR you've tried this with or know anybody that has successfully done this?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Nah, in theory it makes sense though since all they do is look for codes. Try asking in the JDMC drift questions thread, I'm sure they'll give you the right answer
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I, for one, would like to know who is the genius who converted his SR to be OBD2 compliant. It is fine and all to say “they just plug it in and look for codes,” but what do you expect they will plug it in to?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #15
240buyer

240buyer is an unknown quantity at this point
lol glwt

move down to southern part of state forget chicago even exists.. theres no such thing as a car being tested down here. just commute to stl. haha but what do i know i dont even have a 240 yet cant seem to find one that doesnt have some ridiculous drift tax on it... local craigslist ad 14000 for a s13.5 with no real mods.. c'mon thats just silly...http://1.1.1.3/bmi/icandy.zilvia.net.../kekekegay.gif
240buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #16
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240buyer View Post
move down to southern part of state forget chicago even exists.. theres no such thing as a car being tested down here. just commute to stl. haha but what do i know i dont even have a 240 yet cant seem to find one that doesnt have some ridiculous drift tax on it... local craigslist ad 14000 for a s13.5 with no real mods.. c'mon thats just silly...http://1.1.1.3/bmi/icandy.zilvia.net.../kekekegay.gif
I'll sell you my s14 kouki with sr20det and lots of nice mods for 8k since I can't figure out emissions shit
Old 08-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
its not cheap tho, about $150+ or even close to $300 sometimes, but that's if you have to go to a star station
So nice of you to warn an Illinois resident about STAR smog.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #18
240buyer

Umm well ive never really been into s14's im searching for a hatch all stock no swaps.. hoping for around 1-2k.. wishfull thinking i guess lol i know if i hold out long enough the little old lady down the street will sell hers and ill have an unmolested 240 for cheap that has 5x,xxx lol jkjk id love to buy it but i dont have that kind of money atm just had a kid and still have a motorcycle payment.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #19
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240buyer View Post
Umm well ive never really been into s14's im searching for a hatch all stock no swaps.. hoping for around 1-2k.. wishfull thinking i guess lol i know if i hold out long enough the little old lady down the street will sell hers and ill have an unmolested 240 for cheap that has 5x,xxx lol jkjk id love to buy it but i dont have that kind of money atm just had a kid and still have a motorcycle payment.

good luck with that budget haha
Old 08-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #20
240buyer

Right haha actually found a primered 91 hatch in louisville a kid is gonna save me for 1400 bucks im gonna throw some mad lip 15" slime green daytonas on her go to the local tire man put some blow off tires on, maybe throw some cheap coilovers on, stickerbomb a ducktail wing and the cracked out right front quarter throw an old pignose on er slam it so i can be "JDMMADTYTEDRIFTERMAN" and call it done til baby gets out of diapers lol then maybe.. l28et bored to a 3.0 forged internals etc. With an r32 tranny and resto back to her beauty.. throw some oldschool jap muscle in new muscle.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #21
Chrifstine

Chrifstine is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a redtop sr20det
Chrifstine is offline   Reply With Quote