Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 06-16-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
amerjap

Trader Rating: (0)
amerjap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Unmolested 1989 Nissan 240SX 5-Speed Coupe - Drives Great, Clean Title (WTS/For Sale)

SOLD

1989 Nissan 240SX 5-Speed Coupe
Unmolested / Unmodified / Stock
164,100 miles

Selling my unmodified, original 2-door '89 240. Not looking to trade. Asking $3900.

I've driven her for more than a decade and still do, but it's time for a car that can fit more than one full-size passenger and more than one suitcase in the trunk.

The car is located in Los Angeles, California. I'd consider shipping it but would prefer a local sale.

Here are some pictures taken within the last two weeks. Lots more info after the pictures.

Overview
  • Drives well; runs good
  • Clean and clear title
  • Current California registration
  • Just passed state emissions test (ownership transfer ready)
  • Has only ever had two non-smoking adult owners
  • Under 164,100 accurate miles on the body and engine (S13 / KA24E)
  • All original (except repaired and replaced parts); not modified, not molested
  • 5-speed manual transmission (stick)
  • Straight body
  • No rust
  • Power windows
  • Power mirrors
  • Power seatbelts
  • Power steering
  • Power locks (see details below)
  • Tilt steering
  • A/C (see details below)
  • Digital speedometer & heads-up display (see details below)
  • Stereo (not original)
  • New battery (10/2013)
  • Fairly new tires (4/2011 - only 10,000 miles on them)
  • New plugs (NGK) & wires (2/2014)
  • Cruise control, factory (doesn't work)
  • Automatic seat belts
  • Tinted windows
  • Spare tire & original jack
  • Black interior & exterior
  • Original owner's manual
  • Detailed repair history available
  • Never raced or drifted
  • No check engine light warning

Details

Exterior

The car has been repainted twice. And it really needs to be repainted again. The body including the bumper are in good shape. The paint on the hood and roof is all there but not smooth. The paint is peeling up and cracking on the bumpers. Someone keyed me a few years ago so along the right side is a deep scratch. Someone else wanted my lane while both of us were going about 3-MPH at slow intersection -- that left abrasions that could be removed and a small depression on the right side in front of the rear tire well that probably can be pushed out. The rear bumper shows some signs of being used by someone behind me to see if they fit parking behind me.

The headlights work, but... When turned on, they don't always pop up. I have to hit the manual headlight up switch. They do still go down automatically when you turn them off.

The front struts could do with being replaced. The rear ones are fine (were replaced 8/2011).

I have the original power antenna, but I took it out. The motor worked but the mast broke. I took out the motor and installed a cheap, fixed antenna, but the wires are there if you want to fix the mast and put back the original motor.

The passenger door doesn't stay open on a hill. I think the spring that keeps it registered into certain positions is failed.

The photos will show it's just cheap, plastic hubcaps on the wheels.

Interior

This model has the heads-up display. It sort of doesn't work. When first driving, the HUD and the dash speedo come up and are accurate. Within a few minutes, both displays fade out. I think it's a known capacitor issue.

There is crack on the passenger side of the dash running from the base of the windshield to near the corner of the vent. Other than this, the dash looks great.

The car has factory air conditioning and used to work until I had it serviced. I asked for and was ready to pay for the limited R-12. The guy put in 134a. It all leaked out quickly and the A/C hasn't been cold in years, but the system is all there and all original. Except for the Freon.

The cigarette lighter receptacle could be glued in place. Right now, you have to hold it down to pull out the cigarette lighter element itself.

The ashtray is missing a spring, so the cover pops open.

The power locks are odd. If I stick to locking and unlocking the car from the driver side, there usually isn't a problem. And I can use both doors themselves without an issue. But, if I use the passenger lock lever on the inside or a key on the passenger door on the outside, it starts acting weird. It will sometimes fight me, not letting me lock her. Also, this does occasionally happen when I don't use the passenger side. Eventually, I always get her locked, but I like to check both doors every time just to make sure.

The leather seats are very dry. I've done my best with leather treatments to preserve and restore them, but they should probably be recovered. The front seats are burst open at the leading edge of the seats toward the front of the car with their stuffing visible. The rear seats are cracked open in places at their tops. Much of the leather is crispy.

The padded fabric section on the inside each door is starting to come out, so there is a bit of a rim of stitching visible there.

I have a working after-market radio installed. And, I'll give you a head unit if you buy the car. But, I'll be swapping out the one in there now to go into another car and giving you a different one. The one I give you won't be installed, but it should be easy to wire in. Or, put a better one in. I'm leaving the one in there for now, since I'm still driving the car and listening to the radio. And I want to demonstrate the wiring and speakers work.

Engine

The plastic radiator reservoir is cracked around top. This is not the radiator itself, which is relatively new (replaced in 10/2010). The reservoir is fine for now and doesn't leak, but it should be replaced. Again, the radiator itself is good and the car does not run hot.

There's a tear in the underhood insulation where a belt ripped into it.

I think that's nearly everything. In the end, I'm selling it as is, but I'm happy to answer questions or provide details regarding other things.

You can post to this thread, PM me, e-mail [email protected], or call/text area code four2four and 2four6 eight33one. Usually, I respond pretty quickly, but it may take up to twenty-four hours if I'm busy.

Thanks.

Last edited by amerjap; 06-22-2014 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: Sold car.
amerjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 01:11 AM   #2
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
nice...i shall be able to sell my stock hatch for $6k in a few years
Old 06-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
very well put together for sale thread!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
very well put together for sale thread!!
This for sale ad should be the mandatory template. GLWS! Don't regret selling her though!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
amerjap

Thanks for appreciating my posting. I hate it when there aren't photos or they're soft. And I tried to detail all the good and bad I could think of.

I drove her to a park to take the pictures in a nice place. There was a plus in that I found a little used dirt road and had a some rear-wheel drive fun.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #6
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
3900$ a damn nice price. I said 3000$ in the other thread you started
But honestly don't take less that 3500$
Refreshing to look at this
Glws

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #7
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Textbook for sale ad, bravo my dude... bravo

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
amerjap

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
3900$ a damn nice price. I said 3000$ in the other thread you started
But honestly don't take less that 3500$
Refreshing to look at this
Glws
Thanks for your advice on the other thread. And I'd love if she ends up with someone who will preserver her.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #9
TurboStrong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
TurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really niceTurboStrong is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Sweet coupe and sweet post very well organized!

TurboStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #10
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
thats clean
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
amerjap