Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #91
peoplerfoolz

Trader Rating: (0)
peoplerfoolz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ur ride looks tight
peoplerfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #92
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
ok first i have some old pics that haev surfaced from a track buddy from Hyperfest back in July.

and now onto the Summit pics from last weekend.

enjoy....

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:43 AM   #93
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
have you been able to upgrade yo wheel size. My friend competes in SRX out here in socal running on work cr kai's 17s. Are you still on those hoosier's, because I know for west coast toyo is main sponsor. How is the cooling for you, have you had cavitation problems from running?? He's been having problems with the SR having shitty cooling capabilities at high rpms (30-45min race), and dealing with the heat from a choking 2871 and creating massive amounts of heat around the footbox. So much so he's been getting blisters on his feet. We are ceramic-coating the DP and tossing on some heat wrap. We already put the gold foil on the firewall and such. Hopefully we can clean up for december.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #94
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideview_180sx
have you been able to upgrade yo wheel size. My friend competes in SRX out here in socal running on work cr kai's 17s. Are you still on those hoosier's, because I know for west coast toyo is main sponsor. How is the cooling for you, have you had cavitation problems from running?? He's been having problems with the SR having shitty cooling capabilities at high rpms (30-45min race), and dealing with the heat from a choking 2871 and creating massive amounts of heat around the footbox. So much so he's been getting blisters on his feet. We are ceramic-coating the DP and tossing on some heat wrap. We already put the gold foil on the firewall and such. Hopefully we can clean up for december.
the only wheel size i really want to run is a 16" dia. but because of tire options for later on, i believe i will haev up eventually move up to a 17"....width, for comp i will prolly run 17x9 front w 275 rubber and 17x10 out back with a 295-305 rubber depending on power with will proly be in the 350whp range i believe.

Toyo may be a sponsor out there, but east coast nly has te options of Toyo bucks, they arnt out here givin out freebies most of teh guys run hoosiers anyways, slicks seem to win the races. I am still on hoosiers because i get the used and for free for te Porches 944 guys, free tires = saved money even if the do only last me one weekend.

my cooling issues are nonexistant on track, i see about 160* on a 95* day, i run a v-mount that i have designed to be super cool on track, off track is a whole other story, good thing its just a track car . What is his cooling setup like where he is getting cavitation?

Heat will always be an issue, biggets help is heat wrap eveything and get a dhield for the turbo or one of those turbo blankets if possible, keep the heat on and in the exhaust stuff and out of the engien bay and cabin, i have melted my shoes over the summer form my DP, but plan to heat wrp it for next year, this year is oevr for me now, winter is well on its way.

can you link me to shots of your buddies car, im dying ot get other setup in my head for when i am ready for my comp license. and possibly help with certian things i have picked up from teh track to aid in cooling.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:14 AM   #95
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Update

suspension setup
-Silkroad coilovers (typical setup no revalving)
-Tein front suspension bolt-ons (tie rods/tension rods)
-Uprated bushings from energy suspension (upfront only, and steering rack, and swaybar pieces)
-Nothing else (not kidding)

Wheel/Tire Setup
-17x9 +17 CR Kais all around
-Toyo RA1 255/40/17 all around (toyo offers toyo bucks too, but we can only run them in the classes out here, hoosiers are good for about another 2-5/tenth per lap, but they cost way more)

Brakes
-Brembo Grand Turismo (fronts) Normal drilled setup with replacement slotted on hand
-Z32 Rears
-stainless lines
-hawk blues rear, ferodo pads front (no using porterfield after some pitting
issues with the pad and rotors
-Z32 M/C

Engine
-blacktop SR
-pieced together 2871 turbo running like 10psi if that much
-koyo rad
-s-afc tuned
-400cc injectors i think
-massive amount of new ducting and gold heatwrap (cured all overheating issues, also aided in design by the guy who wrote a small article about aerodynamics in a recent issue of SSC)
-setrab oilcooler
-running on 91 (no need to incurr extra expenses)

Interior
-Megan oil press. guage (it was free)
-sparco circuit seat (the cheaper one)
-boost gauge
-still using stock cluster for tach,speedo,water temp
- 1 very fuddging balling cage with nascar doorbars, dimple-dye

I will get some pics up soon of the ducting and interior setup. So far the car has lasted great, they are mainly pushing for reliability rather then trying to beat SE-R and honda challenge guys. Its only the first year for the car/driver. Learning as we go along, he said going to the 17in wheel/tire size helped the most with going to different tracks and the gearing the wheel/tire gave him (stock final drive).

This last event he had a major footbox heat issue. the 02 sensor had popped out and the gases were just cooking the area. We are going to hook up some datalogging around the footbox/engine bay too see if the fact we had little to no ducting previously was the reason for the footbox issues.

The cavitation issues are common with all SRs when ran at high rpm for long duration. Its a well known problem, which is why I was asking you.

formerly sideviewcivic
AirBag Club Member #0014
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #96
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

sounds like a pretty good suspension setup. Same with engine, i just dont see the need for the 2871R if your not going to use it, might aw well stil with T28 with alil more boosta and get better response out of it. Tuning, get away from that SAFC, i haed mine after 2 years of usig it, i have an AEM EMS ill be using next year with some fnacy tning and still low boost, but its an addition to the setup i can use for years and have complete reliability with tuning.

Heat wrap is always a good idea, and ducting always helps keep things cool, incomming air and getting the hot air out as well. I run about 170* average on a hot track sessions. with ducting and no heat wrapping of anything. I need to wrap my downpipe so that i dont melt the bottom of my shoes anymore .

I use the hoosiers because i get them free and used, no better deal than free, since the porsche 944 cup guys are just dyin to get rid of them. Toyo bucks sound nice, but if i am buying new tires, i think ill go hoosier in the end since i hav heard alot fo complaining from teh racers whoare used to slicks that have tried RA-1's.

I knwo the 17" wheels have a very wide selection of wheels and tires, i wanna stay with 16" to try and keep my CG a little lower overall, if i cant stick with 16" wheels ill move up, but not until its neccessary.

As far as cavitation, i have never had an issue with it...at all, i have designed my entire setup around reliability, and so far its paid off 100%, not a single issue since i put the rebuilt motor in last December, running strong and makes great power at low boost, i think i did about 270whp at 14psi on my T28 boost was at about 3300rpm.. give or take 100rpm (its because of how i put the motor togeather, sshhhh dont tell anyone i have 9.0:1 comp. with a 100% stock engine).

I use my stock cluster because i dont wanan spend money on aftermarktet fuel and tach gauges yet...speedo is uneccessary, my shift light does all the talking for me, and i have all other neccessary gauges in the car to check on the engine when im on a straitaway.

post up some pictures of his cage, i know exactly how i plan to finish mine and how m going to gusset it, im just not going to do it until its time to set the car up for comp. Itll be too long to say wait and see, but this 8pnt bar is going to be the hawtness, you wait and see ...oops.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:56 AM   #97
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

UPDATE!

new chassis wiring...

Painless switch panel....removeable...

Gauge Panel...

interior repainted...

most recent track shots...

Biggest additions this past year....
* Custom Rollbar
* AEM EMS (Still not installed)
* Carbotech XP10/XP8 (F/R) Brake pads
* Gauge Panel constructed
* Chassis rewiring (Start, Ignition, Fuel Pump, Wipers, Fans, Lights)
* Running rebuilt motor with 9.0:1 compression (fully stock engine w/ machine work)
* Successfully running and testing my V-mount setup at several track events
(2x VIR Full, 2x Summit Point Main)

Old 01-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #98
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Lots of cool stuff going on there. When are you going to finish the front section of your cage?
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:11 AM   #99
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Looking good Casey, wish everything would have been working out up at VIR.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #100
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Lots of cool stuff going on there. When are you going to finish the front section of your cage?
front section of cage will be done end of this season maybe next year when i closer to getting my license. I will have seats and hrnesses end of this season and possibly suspension all tuned in (Coilovers, some links, and buchings). Than the cage w/ stitch welding and new paint scheme all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor
Looking good Casey, wish everything would have been working out up at VIR.
i will be at VIR again this year, and the car will be working awesomly, just like my last event where i was passing at least 12 people per session. I am very excited to have a good running car this year, biggest issue was my engine harness, i shouldnt have had it modified, so i replaced it with stock SR harness and rewired it myself.....oh and i replaced teh throttle body gasket cause it blew out on my way to VIR last time...oops.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:53 PM   #101
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #102
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

both seat mounts

both seats mounted

Passenger seat brace i welded

harness bar removed

overhead clearence when 6'4" tall....

Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #103
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

*harness bar being redone to fit better ,6" higher with different design.

*Kirkey race seats mounted

*Back bracing for seats being done next week, very easy design.

*steering wheel change w/ quick release being added next week.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #104
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
Nice stuff Casey. more pics!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #105
fromxtor
Post Whore!

fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Looks tits casey now come down to NC and install my painless when I get it.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:44 AM   #106
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

u may for my trip and labor and ill do it, i got mainevents car running n the first startup.....ill snap some pic sof his interior panel and what not when i go to do some touchups....

I made this between tuesday and wednesday (fab'd, painted and installed)

had to trim and strech the bumper to get it to fit good, but once i painted the lip and exposed bar black it blended right in....

All thats left for track month since i changed all fluids yesterday (oil, trans, diff)....

*Harness bar

*maybe back brace, might wait until after first 2 events to leave some adjustability in seats still.

*painting interior parts

*mounting harness's

*mounting steering wheel.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #107
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Damn Casey, I officially dub your bumper support the "mad max edition". My parents live in Germantown (near rockville), so maybe I can come to you.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:01 PM   #108
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

some of the stuf fon my car is Mad-max, and im not afraid to admit it, but then again, i am only building this car for driving fast, being reliable and being safe, otherwise its not for anything else....so looks arnt important to me...with the car at least

Old 05-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #109
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

ill gfet som epics of the new exhaust tomarrow afternoon....its H-A-W-T and Aluminized steel blingish ....

Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 AM   #110
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

got the basplates welded in place on the seats yesterday....fantastic AL Tig welds by a young guy at an industrial welding place..... harness bar should be done today, then i can finish the last pieces to the back brace and install my harness's tomarrow afternoonish.....and take some more finished pics for you guys...

oh and exhaust pictures....

Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #111
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

between the expo and my last nasa event i firmly believe i am down into the mid 2:20's with my fastest lap times nwo when before i was round 2:28-2:30...with my only mod being my seats and harness's.

last event...

EXPO...

i really wish i could have taken you out andy, to really show you want these cars are capable of with just better brakes and tires in comparison with your car....i was keeping my distance on several race cars out there and actually impressed 2 race drivers which was very cool for me to hear since i have been tryingto hard to find places for me to actually pick up speed and bring times down.... like being flat out in 5th gear through the upper S's, i was in the 110mph range before braking into T10 (blind left hander)

Old 06-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #112
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Andy? I'm not Andy, Casey I was w/ Andy at VIR that weekend. I'm Josh, and you can believe I'm going to be making a trip up to MD w/ my KA26ET to have you do a few things for me.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #113
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
Andy? I'm not Andy, Casey I was w/ Andy at VIR that weekend. I'm Josh, and you can believe I'm going to be making a trip up to MD w/ my KA26ET to have you do a few things for me.

hey if you want work dont, just let me know, i have another S13 comming in a few weeks for me to rewire....then im not sure, cause my car wont be getting any mods until next year.... (suspension, and a few suspension links)

Old 06-18-2007, 06:50 AM   #114
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Few pics from ITR Expo

My buddies K20 Integra, whooped up on Falken Azenis...

Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #115
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Old 06-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #116
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

UPDATE!!!

after 3 events in about 2 weeks i have learned a rgeat del more abou tmy car and what it is still capable of in its medeocre performance standings. I will have video posted of both VIR GRand from teh mazda drivers event, and video from my last session at Hyperfest in which case i killed it and had a great time out there.

I ruined a front caliper and ended up having to barrow from a drift guy that happened to be at Hyperfest also. Now i have just replaced both my front calipers with remanufactures Iron calipers to keep costs down and the make sure they never fail, all new hardware pads and rotors both have one weekened on them, so they should last me about a year.

the seats and harness's were by far the best investment i have event spent on myself and the car, hands down, no complaints, at all.

my turbo has been making some kind of chirping noise so i may investigate or just go ahead and run it till it dies, not sure yet, its a pretty good debate.

new suspension plans are in the works, everything to tune camber, toe, ride height, comfort and shock rebound, should be a good setup, great compared to my current, i am hoping its my last big investment needed to get to the low laptimes at Summitpoint that i want so bad, we will have to wait and see.

i will be starting a new build thread for fun of my brothers car, Honda Civic, his old car crashed outside T10 at VIR at the ITR EXPO, so alot of swapping parts, chassis prep, cage work, etc all must be done, its a long process, but itll turn out absolutly amazing when we are done with it .

pics and video are my next updates, so cross your fingers, they should be good.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #117
Enjin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Enjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjin Send a message via Yahoo to Enjin
ah I LOVE this thread!

any chance that you can get some of the older pictures to work? I am interested to be able to see the starting points of the build.

awesome wiring job btw!

1991 Nissan 240sx

www.tractionoptional.com

Enjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #118
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

i dont know if i even have any of the older pics, the car has come such a long way, if you could pin point an area of the begining it would help me out alot i think...

Old 07-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #119
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Tell me, if you were at the ITR expo at VIR, you must've met some of my friends that came all the way down from Montreal in a 00 Red Civic Coupe. Carl Wener and Vincent Basile... they were supposed to be coaching / instructing that weekend...
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:46 AM   #120
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

you must post pics about the next car re-wire. sr2goofus either here,ZT, or FA

formerly sideviewcivic
AirBag Club Member #0014