Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #61
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
The California transplant hate is strong in Portland. Everytime I read a thread on reddit about housing shortage, it's usually filled with anti-CA comments.

Yup. I caught that vibe when i checked out some spots in Portland.

Some would flat out ask where were from. Their smile would turn into a straight face once I say California.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2016, 03:48 PM   #62
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
I applied to two Multnomah county jobs and one of them contacted me faster than I expected for an exam. I guess I was exactly what they were looking for. Too bad I couldnt do it because it was less than a weeks notice. No way I could drop everything and fly up there for at least 48 hours.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #63
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn.

Did they reschedule?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:28 PM   #64
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Couldnt man. They literally responded and gave me a week and a half notice to send my ass up there for the next step. No way. Too soon.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:21 AM   #65
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn. Well hopefully another opportunity comes along.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:03 AM   #66
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Me too. I need at least a 3 week notice to arrange everything.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #67
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Well who knows, maybe a job might pop up that makes it worth it if they give you short notice.
Like maybe paying $135K or something.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #68
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Been a while since I posted here.

But the goal this year is to ultimately line up a situation that will allow me to move to Vancouver. Ive had quite a few interviews so far so I am confident somethings going to happen this year.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #69
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
awesome. glad to hear. this is something i will be doing within the next couple of years. it is certainly something that is not obtainable overnight or in a few weeks.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #70
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
awesome. glad to hear. this is something i will be doing within the next couple of years. it is certainly something that is not obtainable overnight or in a few weeks.
Yeah, gotta move out of your parents place first, right?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #71
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
Whats stopping you from getting this plan in motion now?

Its taken me a few years because I am trying to get a job in place before I make the move, and I feel like this year is the closest ive been to finally making it happen.

I am confident that either one of two things is going to happen this year:

1. I land a salary gig that will pay me enough to justify staying here in California
2. I get a good enough job offer thatll initiate my move up north.

My current job sucks and I'm pretty sure I'm a victim of workplace discrimination. I have been passed up for a promotion at least 3x with no real reason other than nepotism. I was as much as a company person as could be and then some and they just didnt give a shit. Took it for granted. Now I just do the bare minimum. I know I probably have a case and could take it up with the union but honestly I just want out.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:51 AM   #72
johnnie330

Trader Rating: (0)
johnnie330 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Definitely better for basic living down here compared to California, you can get a decent apartment for 800-1000$ and many decent jobs you can get down here depending on your connections or work experience, Boeing pays pretty well 20+ an hr starting out. What kind of work do you want to get into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnnie330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #73
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie330 View Post
Definitely better for basic living down here compared to California, you can get a decent apartment for 800-1000$ and many decent jobs you can get down here depending on your connections or work experience, Boeing pays pretty well 20+ an hr starting out. What kind of work do you want to get into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I work in law enforcement (administrative) and honestly at the very least want a union gig. Ive had a few interviews but so far no leads from that.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #74
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Just a little advice from a 21 year CA native who lived in Oregon for 10+ years and now lives in Arizona.

If you are trying to escape high cost of living, high taxes, and retarded laws, while marginally better, Oregon and Washington aren't far behind California. They are basically CA "Me-Too" states. Eventually doing everything CA does. I couldn't stand living in the PNW, and if you like sunshine at all, you really won't like it there. It's overcast about 80% of the time.

I could talk about it for hours, but I've been in your shoes, and if you are looking for relief from over-regulation and high taxes, I'd look elsewhere. Good luck.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:10 PM   #75
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post
Just a little advice from a 21 year CA native who lived in Oregon for 10+ years and now lives in Arizona.

If you are trying to escape high cost of living, high taxes, and retarded laws, while marginally better, Oregon and Washington aren't far behind California. They are basically CA "Me-Too" states. Eventually doing everything CA does. I couldn't stand living in the PNW, and if you like sunshine at all, you really won't like it there. It's overcast about 80% of the time.

I could talk about it for hours, but I've been in your shoes, and if you are looking for relief from over-regulation and high taxes, I'd look elsewhere. Good luck.
That sounds interesting and makes some sense. I dig it in FL but would be nice to get out and the adventure of starting a new life would be cool.

I've been thinking some about Texas and maybe Austin lately but I would want to visit first. And I don't really need that much city life, but would like to move into a house where I can keep my toys. Colorado might also be interesting but Idk.. winter is ew.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #76
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
But the goal this year is to ultimately line up a situation that will allow me to move to Vancouver.
Just curious, why Vancouver? I've watched videos and documentaries about how young people struggle to make rent and daily cost of living expenses and might never be able to afford to buy a house in Vancouver or Toronto. I'm in the SF Bay Area and don't live in San Francisco (one of the most expensive cities in the Bay Area), but I feel like those two cities in Canada are going to be even more expensive than San Francisco. To me, moving to Canada would be a lateral move, if not worse, and you would be dealing with all the same issues as California.

The Seattle area seems to have caught up with California (SF Bay Area and SoCal at least) and I expect housing costs to be similar. In fact, around 5 years ago, a local friend was considering moving to Seattle and buying an "affordable" place for about 500k or so but didn't pull the trigger. Recently I asked him about his plan to move to Seattle and he said he lost his opportunity to move out there because similar properties to what he was looking at have almost doubled in price so he might as well stay put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #77
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Just curious, why Vancouver? I've watched videos and documentaries about how young people struggle to make rent and daily cost of living expenses and might never be able to afford to buy a house in Vancouver or Toronto. I'm in the SF Bay Area and don't live in San Francisco (one of the most expensive cities in the Bay Area), but I feel like those two cities in Canada are going to be even more expensive than San Francisco. To me, moving to Canada would be a lateral move, if not worse, and you would be dealing with all the same issues as California.

The Seattle area seems to have caught up with California (SF Bay Area and SoCal at least) and I expect housing costs to be similar. In fact, around 5 years ago, a local friend was considering moving to Seattle and buying an "affordable" place for about 500k or so but didn't pull the trigger. Recently I asked him about his plan to move to Seattle and he said he lost his opportunity to move out there because similar properties to what he was looking at have almost doubled in price so he might as well stay put.
Vancouver Washington.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:02 PM   #78
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post

I mostly want to move because i like the area and i visit yearly. Besides that yes the high cost of living.