Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
180sx position/bumper light install

when you get a kit or change to a type x front bumper you will need to wire in the front bumper turn signals. here is everthing needed:

housings:

new bulb harnesses:

you will also need wire cutters, electrical tape, and soldering gun if you have one.

start off by pulling out the harness on the car for the bumper light and cut it off.

as you can see there are 3 wires; black, green/yellow, red/blue. strip the covering from the two colored wires, and then again on the new light harness. i trimmed the black and taped it over by itself with the electrical tape. then coneect the old light harness and then new one:

plug in the bulb and make sure it works for the driving lights and blinks for turn signals.

Tape everything back up, and tuck back in the harness into the bumper. put the new bulb into the new bumper light, and you are all done!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
are you serious? i thought i could only have either turn signal or running lights.... you sure it works with the ground un hooked?

tks a bunch, ill go try that next time im working on the car!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
yeah i'm sure. if you use the black/ground then only one will work. but if use both the colored wires then they both work.

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 12-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
tks Alex, ill try this out next time i work on the car!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Yeah

I did it the same way

So it lights up in on position but still blinks when turn signals are on

I didn't buy the actual harnesses though (Origin markers only come with the housings, no bulbs/sockets/harness), I just used rear side marker bulb socket/harness that I trimmed to fit

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:02 AM   #6
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

i hooked it up this way tonight and its true, it works for both positioning lights and flashers.....the only thing is i found it flashed differently now. how can i say it, it has some sort of unpredictable flashing now. itll flash 4 imes the same speed then 1-2 times really quick and then goes back to normal and it continues doing that. i found it only does that when i have lights turned on. when lights are off the signals are fine!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx View Post
i hooked it up this way tonight and its true, it works for both positioning lights and flashers.....the only thing is i found it flashed differently now. how can i say it, it has some sort of unpredictable flashing now. itll flash 4 imes the same speed then 1-2 times really quick and then goes back to normal and it continues doing that. i found it only does that when i have lights turned on. when lights are off the signals are fine!
not sure why. i didn't have this problem.

btw how come this isn't approved yet?

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

all i know is this has been performed and it works! youve got my thumbs up for you Alex!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #9
powersteeringless180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
powersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
aww shit i never knew you could do this.... i just spliced the wires from the front sidemarkers but i'm gonna do this instead cuz i don't have blinkers in the front. +1!!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
kousuke180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
kousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud ofkousuke180sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I tried this today and it worked perfectly, thanks alot!