Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #61
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future140
These two things do not correlate.

Also EJ25 in an s-chassis? That is something I've never seen/read/heard of
lol I have not either, just was thinking about it as I'm dailying an sti currently...and they aren't hand in hand...the headgasket failure is due to other issues, not normally the hp, but a bad tune can screw these engines super fast! also not sure if is due to manufacturing defects or jus ttrying to pinch pennies but ringland failure seems to happen to quite a few people...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #62
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
lol I have not either, just was thinking about it as I'm dailying an sti currently...and they aren't hand in hand...the headgasket failure is due to other issues, not normally the hp, but a bad tune can screw these engines super fast! also not sure if is due to manufacturing defects or jus ttrying to pinch pennies but ringland failure seems to happen to quite a few people...

It could be the engines are blowing their own headgaskets in a protest to Subaru to be retired since the design is nearly two decades old.

That being said I would fucking love to daily a hawkeye Sti.

If we are talking odd swaps, I'd like to see the gm Ecotec LTG in an S-Chassis. 272 crank HP/@95TQ stock. Bigger turbo and some E85 see's close to 400.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #63
jdmgtom
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is from my personal experience. SR20DET CONS #1) bolts/nuts keep backing out from manifold, to turbo AND turbo to elbow. very annoying and I don't want to weld nothing. #2) My sr20det came with a Walboro 255 fuel pump with stock injectors and stock FPR so my air fuel is off and I get a hint of gas smell. #3)When my AC is on, it runs like crap, probably because my ac compressor is bad. I live in Florida so running no AC and getting that hint of gas smell makes me not want to drive the car.
PROS #1) SR20DET's are easy to work on. #2) Reliability #3) JDM
Old 09-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #64
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmgtom View Post
This is from my personal experience. SR20DET CONS #1) bolts/nuts keep backing out from manifold, to turbo AND turbo to elbow. very annoying and I don't want to weld nothing. #2) My sr20det came with a Walboro 255 fuel pump with stock injectors and stock FPR so my air fuel is off and I get a hint of gas smell. #3)When my AC is on, it runs like crap, probably because my ac compressor is bad. I live in Florida so running no AC and getting that hint of gas smell makes me not want to drive the car.

Are those really issues with the engine though?

1. Locktite?
2. new FPR and bigger injectors?
3. New compressor?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #65
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmgtom View Post
Sounds like a.swap issuse not and engine con
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #66
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
more like installer rather than swap...oval out those nuts! gas smell=leak somewhere, fix that ac! lol,

and that's a pretty good joke on the EJs lol! I love dailying my hatch, the hawkeyes are pretty awesome too! would have loved to get a blobeye 04, nothing says racecar like those OG wings!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote