Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > British Columbia

Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #31
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DDonovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update: June 6th

Not much new to say on the event with one exception.
  • If anyone wants to attend the banquet dinner only then you can do that by purchasing a ticket for the Passenger price of $50.00. that includes a $20.00 donation to the charity as well as your meal. That allows you to come and meet with us up at the Mt Washington resort and come to the festivities being held there including a meet (all cars at the challet on the brick patio), banquet dinner, raffle items, and any entertainment to follow, as well as a cruise back with us Sunday.

We would love to have you out and if you can't make the actual "Poker Run" then you would be more than welcome to attend the event at Mt Washington with us.

Money is starting to trickle in so thanks for that!

To purchase your tickets either fire me a PM to get my address and you can mail me a cheque OR here is the link to the Interact Money Transfer site where you can use Interact to send money to me directly. (no banking information is sent to me, only an email confirming the transaction).

Last edited by DDonovan; 06-25-2011 at 02:10 PM..
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #32
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

June 25th Update

Well payments have started coming in and that is great! I have personally talked to all the Honda dealerships and they will be supplying a cash donation to the Charity as well as some really nice stuff for the participants. There will be something going on at each of the checkpoint with some prizes and give aways. SHC has donated some gift certificates as well as some nice raffle items including HID bulbs, a Momo Shift knob, and some car cleaning supplies. Kal Tire has provided a very nice road side emergency kit, and there is much much more..., then there are the cash prizes for top 3 poker hands.

I have been asked by quite a few people how this all works cuz they don't know how to play poker..., by no means do you need to know how to play poker. I will post up a sheet with all the Poker Hands and their rankings. The way this works is we drive up to Mt Washington either on your own, with a small group, or come on a nice scenic cruz with the larger group. We will stop at 6 pre-determined stops and at each one you will receive a playing card. You keep the card and put it into a supplied envelop. You can swap the card at that checkpoint if you have purchased a mulligan ticket. Some of the checkpoints are putting on a BBQ for us and for their customers (free for us and donations by the customers) and they are turning that money over to us to put into the final donation to Camp Shawnigan. Once we arrive at Mt Washington we will park the cars up on the brick parking lot for a bit of a show. We have the upper chalet reserved for us and that is where the dinner will be as well as all raffle items laid out on a table. You will get the 7th card when you arrive at the Mountain. With all your cards in an envelop you submit them to me. If you know poker hands you can write what you have on the envelop and if you don't we will tell you what your high hand is. Once we have all the hands handed in we will award cash prizes to the top 3 card hands..., there of course will be some nice items that we silent raffle off (you purchase tickets and put them into buckets for the item you want and we draw tickets during or after dinner). Last year pretty much everyone went home with something, plus the feeling of doing some good for handicapped children and their parents and families.

After dinner we have the place till midnight with a bar and bar staff so you can head out to see the mountain, head back to your accommodations, OR hang with us at the Chalet for a while. Next morning it is breakfast or brunch depending on when we all decide to meetup, and a cruz back to Victoria...,

If you need to get back to the mainland for Sunday you can make it as the Duke Point Ferry out of Nanaimo (1.5 hours from the mountain) doesn't leave until 11:45 so you have plenty of time to make it back as some did this last year.

That is it! Last year it was a fantastic time and we managed to send two kids with full supplies to camp. Two kids isn't much I agree but it is two more than could have gone and that is very satisfying and I thank all those that participated last year and those planning to participate this year.

Come on out and have some fun for a good cause. Rooms at the Mountain can be had for $89.00 - $189.00 per night if you book through my contacts and if you go to the Mt Washington web site, under accommodations, you can find even better deals. I got a complete townhouse for $75.00 per night off the accommodations page.

Approx 6 weeks left so please if you haven't signed up please do. Also time to start thinking about payment. I need to have payment by August 1st and can't accept too many more after that as food needs to be ordered and staff arranged as well as for the checkpoints they need to know how much freebie stuff to get for us. If you can't pay right now then at least confirm your attendance or if you can't make it let me know.

Thanks again everyone from me and the kids that will benefit!!!

Last edited by DDonovan; 07-04-2011 at 12:10 AM..
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #33
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Thanks Kassroth, money received.

Dave
Old 07-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #34
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Good news!
Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
In Parksville has signed up as a checkpoint. This is excellent as it gives us yet another beautiful spot to visit out our route to Mt Washington. The resort is also stepping up donate one night’s accommodation with 2 Mineral Pool passes for the Grotto Spa, valued at $300. That will be part of the raffle with proceeds going directly to the Kids.

The Honda Way in Abbotsford is kind of keeping quiet on what they are providing this year in terms of raffle items but they have said that they will be providing some excellent items as well Sokha himself may come over and participate in the Poker Run bringing along one of the Club Racers that they have in inventory.

Money is coming in and I have sent out PM's to everyone that expressed interest in the event as it is time to start firming up the numbers. There is little over 6 weeks left so it is time to start purchasing your tickets. Please contact me about payment as soon as you can. I have committed to 60 dinners from Mt Washington so I am anxious to see how close we are to that currently.

Last edited by DDonovan; 07-11-2011 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #35
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

July 11th Update:

Money and confirmations are still coming in. I sent out a PM or Email to all the people that I have on my pre-registration list as it is time to firm up the numbers. Why are the numbers dropping so fast? Well on the list initially I wanted to get anyone that was 'thinking' of attending the event so I had a rough idea as to if we wanted to do this again this year. The response was once again tremendous and as such I decided to move forward with the event. It is time to start firming up those numbers and removing the people that originally signed up but now cannot make it for whatever reason.

To date I am very pleased with not only the pre-registration list but the actual people that have paid and/or confirmed their attendance with me. THANKS EVERYONE that responded to me. If you have not responded to my PM or Email or have not received one at all, please let me know.

So far we have the following numbers;
CARS Confirmed Attendance ==> 26
CARS Paid ==> 9

PEOPLE Confirmed Attendance ==> 42
PEOPLE Paid ==> 15

I would love to see more cars sign up though as we don't have representation from a couple of car forums or car models. If you live on the island this is an excellent chance to see other cars and have a great time with a fantastic cruise and helping out with a great cause. For those of you on the mainland I understand gas prices are high (10 cents cheaper in some cases on the island though), and the Ferry costs and hotel make this an expensive weekend, but if you can afford to come along we need you to help make this a success and send as many kids to camp this year as possible. Last year we were able to send 2 kids and purchase all their associated supplies. I hope to double that this year. So if you can make it please make an attempt to..., It is a truly fantastic event and Mt Washington puts on a great banquet dinner.

ONLY FIVE WEEKS AWAY!

Also remember that you can't just show up, you have to register so I can arrange for food and for the events that some of our checkpoints are putting on including free swag !!! Get on the list.

Last edited by DDonovan; 07-15-2011 at 04:15 PM..
Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #36
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

July 15th Update

Money and confirmations continue to come in. Please remember you must pre-register for this event as I have to order food and some of the sponsored checkpoints are putting on events for us and require estimates of how many participants.

Those of you that have not confirmed your attendance with me, please do soon. Even if you can't make it, I understand but please just let me know. Thanks to all those that have responded (most of you have).

Like last year, as we get down to the date people drop out as other things have come up or whatever, and that is fine. I am still above my commitment of 60 people so that is great. To help out though please spread the word about this event. Talk some friends into coming out, let me know if there are places I should post my event that I may have missed.

I have confirmed the menu with the Mt Washington Caterers:

Dinner Buffet

Artisan Buns & Whipped Butter

Garden Greens & Dressings
Spicy Thai Noodle Salad
Asian Sesame Ginger Slaw

Chef Attended Carved Roast Beef Au Jus
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Wild Rice Pilaf
Steamed Seasonal Vegetables

Assorted Desserts

Also for those of you that have not booked any accommodations yet, here are some instructions from Mt Washington staff:

Cathy has added a special discount promo code for the accommodation component of your visit this year, for guests staying at Deer or Bear Lodge via Slopeside Accommodations.

Participants may book online by visiting our website (www.mountwashington.ca) clicking on "Book Online" and then entering the word "Poker" in the promo/discount area.

Last edited by DDonovan; 07-23-2011 at 12:58 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #37
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

July 22nd Update:

I have heard from most of you but there are still a few that I have been unable to reach. Please fire me and email or a PM confirming your spot. Also it is time to purchase your tickets, please contact me to arrange payment.

I have now confirmed all Checkpoints:

1) Victoria Honda
2) Discovery Honda (Duncan BC)
3) Nanaimo Honda
4) Tigh-Na-Mara resort and spa (Parksville BC)
5) Arrowsmith Golf and Country Club (Qualicum Beach, BC)
6) Island Honda (Comox)
7) Mt Washington Resort.

I believe that there will be a BBQ and sales event at the Discovery Honda location as well as the Island Honda location, so I hope your all going to be hungry. BBQ I think is free for participants and any money raised will be donated to the charity (Easter Seals Camp Shawnigan).

The Honda Way in Abbotsford has finally reviled what they will be donating to our event.
"What we are able to provide are the following: 5 Stay and Play Hotel Packages for 1 week. Resorts available in Mexico, Central America, South America, Canada, USA and Caribbean. This is hotel only. Customer is responsible for the taxes. "

While this is hotel only it is still an incredible deal. The only thing that the Honda Way asks is everyone that is attending the Poker Run, go to the Honda Way's Facebook page and "like" the page located here:

http://www.facebook....Way/37591138258

To be eligible to win a prize you will be required to "like" the Honda Way page.

Please pick up your tickets as soon as possible as it is time to commit to the event so I can get a final counts. [B]Payments must be in by August 10th.

Last edited by DDonovan; 08-06-2011 at 12:12 AM..
Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #38
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Poker Hands
these are the available poker hands and rankings. If you don't know anything about Poker don't worry, our judges will select your highest hand out of the cards you receive should you require assistance.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #39
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

I have completed the Overview maps which are maps from each checkpoint to each checkpoint. I will also supply more detailed maps of the route between each checkpoint. You will receive a map at the detail level where you can see street names so each of these OVERVIEW maps will come with more detailed maps once I have those completed. This will eliminate the need for a GPS but a GPS is still useful. Those of you that are traveling with the scenic crowd this is the route we will take and you will always be with someone that knows the way.

Starting Point to Checkpoint #1 - Victoria Honda (Victoria)

Checkpoint #1 to Checkpoint #2 - Discovery Honda (Duncan)

Checkpoint #2 to Checkpoint #3 - Nanaimo Honda (Nanaimo)

Checkpoint #3 to Checkpoint #4 - Tigh-Na-Mara resort and spa (Parksville)

Checkpoint #4 to Checkpoint #5 - Arrowsmith Golf and Country Club (Qualicum Beach)

Checkpoint #5 to Checkpoint #6 - Island Honda (Courtenay)

Checkpoint #6 to Checkpoint #7 and Ending Point - Mt Washington resort

Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the page to show you the map of the route.

Looks like the entire route is about 6 hours based on the time from Google Maps. We will start around 10:00 with the final crowd leaving around 11:00.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #40
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Here is a link to our new Vancouver Island Poker Run Blog being hosted by a new sponsor importmeets.com
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #41
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Just two weeks left to register for this event. If your on the island you can't miss this. If you're not on the island, what a great trip this would make. We have sooo many good prizes this year as well as a drop in band that is playing for free! Sponsorship has been amazing. If you can make it out please try to. Contact me with any questions..., If you have registered, time to purchase your tickets!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #42
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

August 5th Update

Well only 15 days till the Poker Run. Some of you will probably be happy to have it all over with and are tired of hearing about it. Believe me as the sole organizer of this event, I can't wait for it to be over either. We do have a great list of sponsors and a wonderful list of prizes and raffle items that have been donated to the cause. If you registered for the event it is time to purchase your tickets. If you want to register for the event, there is only ONE week left. Contact me with any questions, and if you can make the event, please make an effort to do so. It truly is a great time, nice cruise with wonderful scenery. A excellent dinner and awards evening, and lots of prizes/items for everyone.

One of the questions I get asked the most is "I don't know how to play poker"..., some people think that a poker run is actually a poker game with the proceeds going to charity. Not the case at all. A poker run is a rally where speed is not the focus at all. You have a starting point and a route. Along that route you will have 7 checkpoints that are all mapped out for you. You follow the maps (or a group of people like we will have), and you simply cruise to each checkpoint on the list. At each checkpoint you will receive a playing card. The last checkpoint will be Mt Washington where you will receive your 7th card. You hand in the 7 cards to the judges at the end of the run and the prize money is awarded to the highest hands based on the payout which is based on the number of participants. You don't need to know anything about poker or poker hands. We will figure it out for you, or you can do it yourself.

We have a wonderful dinner at Mt Washington and a raffle where you can win such prizes as Hotel anywhere in the America's for a week, free nigh at Tigh-Na-Mara resort including the groto spa, golf package for 4 including carts, F1 training in Calgary, many other items...,

If at all you can make this event please do, contact me for any further information.

Last edited by DDonovan; 08-12-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Old 08-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #43
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

One day left to register or to confirm your registration for this event. If you have confirmed already and haven't purchased your participation envelope, please do so. I have an extension until Monday to have the numbers up to the caterers.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #44
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

OK well ONE WEEK LEFT till the 2011 Poker Run.

Paricipation has dropped off as it did last year, which is a bit disappointing, but based on the fact that this event has only been advertised on the local forums I am still pleased with the turnout as it is better than last year, and last year we not only had a blast but managed to raise enough to send two disabled kids to summer camp. That is what it is all about.

Registration officially ends today!
However if you missed it and really want to attend, I can still sign up a few people. I got an extension to have the numbers into the caterers till Monday so I can accept registrations up until then. I can probably sign people up until the day of the event but not in huge numbers, but please if you missed registration and can still make this event PM me or email me and I will do my best to get you on the list.

If you want to come up and join us at Mt Washington you have two options:
1) You can pay $50.00 which would entitle you to a dinner as well, and that includes a $20.00 donation to Camp Shawnigan.
2) You can pop up to the Mountain with us and offer up a donation.

Either way we would be happy to have you. If you want to donate just ask for me (Dave Donovan), or my brother (Al) or my wife (Ellen). We will gladly accept your donation.

See the list of participants below. If your name is on the list in BLACK, that means you expressed interest in attending but I have been unable to contact you to confirm your attendance. If anyone can get into contact with these people please do and forward them onto me. If your name is in light green, then you have confirmed that you are attending but just have not paid as of yet (Please contact me to arrange for payment as there is only ONE week left), and if your name is in dark green, well your all paid up and ready to go.

I will be handing out participation envelopes which will contain some freebies and your maps and you car number. I will have these at the Friday night meet (19th), as well I will have them Saturday morning. Come see me.

Please arrive at the Starting Point no later than 9:30 to check in. You can then head just up the street for gas (Chevron about 3 minutes away), then come back for the start.

Big thanks to those that have committed to this event..., I appreciate you time and your generosity. I look forward to seeing you all again and the new faces.

Participation List

1) DDonovan (Dave/Ellen) - S2Ki(VI) - PAID
2) pinetreeballer (Chris) - S2Ki(Van) CONFIRMED
3) MIs2000 (Mike) - S2Ki(VI) - PAID (+ 1 not paid)
4) notbadd (Mark/Judy) - S2Ki(Van) - PAID
5) MID ISLE S2K (John/Donna) - S2Ki(VI) - PAID
6) EhdrianEh (Adrian) - S2Ki(VI) - CONFIRMED
7) braindoc (Dave/Barbara) - S2Ki(VI) - PAID
8) sringrose (Scott/Sandy) - S2Ki(Vi) - PAID
9) ssthrd (Dave/+1) - S2Ki(VI) - PAID
10) Paris (Paris/+1) - NSXPrime(Vic) - PAID
11) MickeyS2000 (Mo) - S2Ki(Van) - PAID
12) JD Cross (Leslie/Jim) - NSXPrime - PAID(VI)
13) Manic! (???) - RS(VI)
14) kblackman (Kevin) - NASIOC-WRX/STi(VI)
15) Fortune_Seven (Shaun/Brie) - RX7Club(VI) - LMin
16) darksidegtr (Mike) GTRC(VI)
17) Kerric (Keith) - S2Ki(Edm) - PAID
18) topdown2000 (Mike/+1) - S2Ki(VI) - CONFIRMED
19) Carlos Fernandes (Carlos/+1) - bc240(Van) - CONFIRMED
20) Artem G (Art/+1) - bc240(Van)
21) Mr. Jack Walker (Jack/+1) - bc240(VI) - CONFIRMED
22) GreviusJones (Howard/Sally) - S2Ki(VI)
23) Robert Orr (Robert) - VIDE(Vic) - PAID
24) FricFrac (Kurk) - VIDE(Vic) - 370 - PAID
25) mxwizard (Tim/Cathie) - NIClub(Vic) - G35 - PAID
26) Canadian-Ix - (Rob/Rodger) - evolutionm(Van)
27) jostang - (Joe/Jill) - VancouverPrelude(VI) - '95 Prelude
28) Zoomie - (Chris/Kacey) - EvoX(VI) - PAID
29) tukatz - (Tom/Mel) - S2KClubUSA(Tacoma) - '07 LGP - PAID
30) Kassroth - (Colin) - Zilvia.net(ALB) - PAID
31) Dan VanDoormaal - (Dan/+1) - 2010 Genesis Coupe - Email - PAID
32) ITNKICN - (Ian/Robin) - G35Driver - PAID
33) Nightzone - (Lionel) S2Ki(Vic) - driving Patrices S2K - PAID
34) Murray Perret - (Murray/Steven) - S2Ki (Van/Vic) - CONFIRMED
35) S2KSean (Sean/+1) - S2Ki(Vic) - CONFIRMED
36) Chris Kettleson (Chris) - EM(Friend of JD Cross - NSXPrime) - PAID
37) Alasdair Ring (Alasdair/Darryl) 2010 Genesis Coupe - CONFIRMED

Cars: 37
People: 62
Old 08-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #45
Kassroth
Leaky Injector

Kassroth is an unknown quantity at this point
Friday (19th) meet

You mention a Friday night meet on the 19th, where is this to take place and at what time?

Thanks!
Kassroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #46
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

The Friday night meet is not mandatory. Basically anyone that is traveling any distance is coming over on the Friday. What we did last year is met up at the Poker Run Starting Point so everyone knew where that was. I give out some of the participation envelopes. Last year we went for a short cruise out to Waddling Dog and had some eats as well.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #47
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

For those of you that can't find the original map to the Starting Point (which is also where the mini-meet will be on the Friday night (7:30pm)...,

Please be at the parking lot Saturday no later then 9:30am We will be leaving by 10:00.

4000 Seymour Place, Victoria, BC

See you all this weekend, and Thanks to Everyone that has taken the time to attend this event!

Dave
Old 08-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #48
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Raffle Items List

1) Gift Certificate for F1 race training in Calgary by Allen Berg F1 Race School.
2) One MoMo Italian leather shift knob.
3) One bottle of Flash Detailer spray (30.00 value).
4) Two sets of HID replacement bulbs for any vehicle.
5) Two $50.00 gift certificates from SHC Automotive.
6) Three 50% off gift certificates from Dynamic Concepts, maker of the LED WindRestrictor screens.
7) One gift certificate for full auto detail at Discovery Honda.
8) One 41 piece emergency auto safety kit.
9) Six Tom Tom GPS units.
10) Gift Certificate from Tigh-Na-Mara resort and spa for accommodations and grotto spa ($300.00 value).
11) Gift Certificate from Arrowsmith Golf and Country Club for free round of golf including carts for four plus ($300.00 value).
12) Two full size roadside emergency kits.
13) One wooden garden hanging lamp.
14) Two $50.00 gift cards from Crème de la Crumb.
15) Two pairs of ski passes for Mt Washington resort.
16) Two pairs of tubing passes for Mt Washington.
17) Three $100.00 gift certificates from A&J Racing in Richmond.
18) Five trips for hotel only for one week in resorts in Mexico, Central America, South America, Canada, USA, and Caribbean
19) One full auto service including fluids from 5252 Motorsports in Victoria.
20) One $100 and two $50.00 gift certificates from Modifry in South Carolina, makers of support items for the S2000 (wire harness to make your audio buttons work with a aftermarket head unit, and many more).
21) Free racing certificates from TBC Kart Racing in Richmond.

Some of the checkpoints also are providing some participation freebie stuff as well..., I will leave that as a surprise!
PLUS ==> CASH prizes for top 3 Poker Hands.

It's not too late to sign up!

The rally will take about 5.5 hours to complete and at the end we have a wonderful banquet dinner at Mt Washington Resort!

PM me for details, you have till Friday night (9:00pm) to late register
Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #49
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Friday August 19
Time: 7:30pm
What: Optional meet, drive, dinner (TBD)
Where: 4000 Seymour Place, Victoria

Saturday August 20
Time: 9:00 - 9:30
What: Gather to get instructions/check in
Where: 4000 Seymour Place, Victoria

Time: 10:00 - 10:15
What: Start Poker Run

Time: 10:15 - 5:30ish
What: Poker Run to Mt Washington / Room Check in

Time: 5:30 - 6:30
What: Socialize in lot with cars

Time: 6:30
What: Doors open for participants

Time: 7:30
What: Banquet Dinner

Time: 8:00
What: Raffle, Poker Run Prizes

Time: 9:00 - 11:00
What: Socializing, bar available as long as enough people hang around.

**If you heading back Saturday night to the mainland, Nanaimo
Ferry departs Nanaimo for Horseshoe Bay at 11:45pm

Sunday August 21
Time: 11:00
What: Gather to head back

Time: 11:30
What: Leave Mtn

Time: 1:00
What: Lunch at Arrowsmith Golf and Country Club

Time:
2:30
What:
Leave for Victoria
Old 09-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #50
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Update: September 9th

Well the 2nd Annual Japanese Imports, Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan is in the history books. The weather could not have been better. A big thanks to all those that participated this year, I simply couldn’t do this without you. I trust that everyone had a great time. All the feedback as certainly been positive. I hope to see most of you again next year!

A special thanks to Mo Alam for all of his help. Mo was responsible for the selling of the raffle tickets to everyone and he did a wonderful job. The raffle and mulligan tickets alone brought in just under $2,000.00 this year. Also a special thanks to Campus Honda, Duncan Honda, and Nanaimo Honda, for generous cash donations to Camp Shawnigan that totalled $1,000.00. Also big thanks to Donna and John (Mid Isle S2K from the island) for leading us for the first half of the route, which I thought was just amazing this year.

I have not finished calculating the totals yet and am waiting for some cheques still to clear but I will post the final amounts shortly once the accounts settle down and I manage to pay out the winners. In the meantime, here are the Prize Winning Results:

Poker Run Top Hand Winners

· First Place with 4 KingsLional (nightzone from S2Ki on Vancouver Island) - $500.00
o Lionel decided to donate $200.00 of his winnings back to the charity (thanks Lionel!!!)

· Second Place with 4 10’s – Murray (S2000 driver, no club, from Peachland BC) - $300.00

· Third Place with Full House Aces over eights – Dave (ssthrd from S2Ki on Vancouver Island) - $200.00

Raffle Winners

· F1 Training donated by Allen Berg Racing School – Kacey (EvoX – Zoomie copilot).

· 5 day hotel any major resort in the America’s for one (The Honda Way) – Juanita (S2Ki VI – ssthrd copilot).

· 5 day hotel any major resort in the America’s for two (The Honda Way) – Judy (S2Ki Van – notbadd copilot).

· 5 day hotel any major resort in the America’s for two (The Honda Way) – Judy (No Club VI – Keyser co-pilot).

· 2 ski passes donated by Mt Washington – Paris (NSXPrime VI).

· 2 ski passes donated by Mt Washington – Kacey (EvoX – Zoomie Copilot).

· 2 tubing passes donated by Mt Washington – Al (No Club VI Genesis Coupe).

· 2 tubing passes donated by Mt Washington – Darryl (No Club VI Genesis Coupe – Ring Copilot).

· Golf package donated by Arrowsmith Golf & Country – Paris (NSXPrime VI).

· $50.00 gift certificate donated by Modifry Products – Howard (S2Ki VI – GreviusJones).

· $50.00 gift certificate donated by Modifry Products – Keith (S2Ki ALB – Kerric).

· $100.00 gift certificate donated by Modify Products – Mark (S2Ki Van – notbadd).

· Magellan GPS donated by Island Honda – Kacey (EvoX – Zoomie co-pilot).

· Tom Tom GPS donated by Island Honda – Colin (Zilvia ALB – Kassroth).

· Full Auto Service donated by 5252 Motorsports – Ian (G35Driver ALB – ITNKICN).

· Night accommodation and grotto spa donated by Tigh-Na-Mara – Kurk (370z VI – FricFrac).

· Full Car Detail, donated by Discovery Honda – Scott (S2Ki VI – sringrose).

· Wooden garden lamp, donated by Saunders Subaru – Conner (co-pilot - No information).

· Full size survival kit, donated by Saunders Subaru – Al Ring (Genesis Coupe – no club).

· Full size survival kit, donated by Saunders Subaru – Ellen (S2Ki VI – Ddonovan co-pilot).

· 50% off gift certificate, donated by WindRestrictor – Keith (S2Ki ALB – Kerric).

· 50% off gift certificate, donated by WindRestrictor – Steve – (No Club – Perret co-pilot).

· 50% off gift certificate, donated by WindRestrictor – Dave (S2Ki VI – Ddonovan).

· $100.00 gift certificate, donated by A&J Racing – Kurk (370z VI – FricFrac).

· $100.00 gift certificate, donated by A&J Racing – Mark (S2Ki Van – notbadd).

· $100.00 gift certificate, donated by A&J Racing – Kurk (370z – notbadd).

· Full Size Emergency Kit, donated by Kal-Tire – Al (Genesis Coupe – no club).

· Emergency Roadside Lantern, donated by Kal-Tire – Al (Genesis Coupe – no club).

· HID replacement bulbs, donated by SHC Autographics - Ian (G35Driver ALB – ITNKICN).

· HID replacement bulbs, donated by SHC Autographics – Barbara (S2Ki VI – braindoc co-pilot).

· MOMO Italian leather shift knob, donated by SHC Autographics – Mark (S2Ki VAN – notbadd).

· Flash Auto Detailer Spray, donated by SHC Auographics – Howard (S2Ki VI – GreviusJones).

· $50.00 gift certificate, donated by SHC Augograhics – Tracey (co-pilot – no information).

· $50.00 gift certificate, donated by SHC Augograhics – Robert (350z VI).

· $50.00 gift certificate, donated by Crème de La Crumb – Kurk (370z – FricFrac).

· $50.00 gift certificate, donated by Crème de La Crumb – Kurk (370z – FricFrac).

· Free Race, donated by TBC Kart Racing – Kurk Daughter (370z – FricFrac co-pilot).

· Free Race, donated by TBC Kart Racing – Kurk Daughter (370z – FricFrac co-pilot).

· Free Race, donated by TBC Kart Racing – Tracey (co-pilot – no information).

· Free Race, donated by TBC Kart Racing – Art (BC240 – Artem).

Many people went home with freebie door prizes as well, as a matter of fact I don’t think anyone went home without something. Stay tuned for the final donated amount and hope to see you all out next year!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #51
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

OK the final numbers are in and all outgoing cheques have been cashed and all gifts awarded and received.

I will be providing a cheque to the Lions Society & Easter Seals Services, the group responsible for running Camp Shawnigan. The total amount raised for Camp Shawnigan was an awesome $4,000.00. We were $200.00 short of making the 4K mark and at the last minute Mark K from the island S2000 owners group picked up the slack and donated an extra $200.00..., THANKS MIKE AND FAMILY !!!

That is truly great! It is $1,200.00 more than we raised and donated last year and will allow an additional two kids to camp this upcoming season. I want to thank all of those that participated in this year’s event. I think all had a very good time and were pleased with the way things went. I also want to thank all the sponsors who really stepped up and donated a lot of great stuff to the cause. I am pretty sure almost everyone went home with something. I also want to thank the checkpoints that volunteered to help us out. They supplied volunteers to do the cards, some provided us with raffle items and give away gifts and some others supplied cash donations. It is all greatly appreciated. Lastly I want to thank Mt Washington for once again providing us with an excellent venue and meal. They as well threw in a small cash donation and as always were very pleasant and easy to deal with.

For those of you interested in the breakdown:
Total Amount Raised: $6,150.00
Food: $1500.00
Facilities and Staff: $500.00
Extras: $150.00 - includes cards, tickets ect., gas for volunteers and meals for volunteers (2), paper for maps...,
Donation: $4,000.00

I will be handing over the cheque this upcoming Friday October 28th. Anyone that wishes to come with me to donate the cheque is welcome to come along. I want to get a photograph to post up on the forums of us making the donation.

The planning for this event takes about 4 - 5 months to complete. That is when I do it all myself. Next year I plan to open the event up to all Imports. I really want to make this a big, well known event and really help out the kids at the same time. To achieve my goals I am definitely going to require some assistance. The areas that need people will be for getting participation and registration, someone working on sponsorship including raffle items. I am more than willing to do either one of those but would like help with the other.

Look forward to hearing back from me again in the February time frame to start the planning phase all over again including the first part, getting a date. See you all in 2012 I hope. Have a safe and wonderful Winter..., see you in the spring! And help me get the word out!

Dave
Vancouver Island S2Ki CO
Vancouver Island Poker Run Organizer
Old 11-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #52
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Camp Shawnigan Says a big THANK YOU !!!

Here I am presenting a cheque for $4000.00 to