Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:14 AM   #1
OIA

Trader Rating: (0)
OIA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JDM s15 Alarm install

Hey guys, sorry if this has been brought up before I've been searching but cannot seem to find the answers I need.
I am looking at installing a compustar alarm/starter kit on my vehicle, but only using the alarm aspect of it, the problem is that I cannot find any wiring diragrams or anything to help me figure out which wire does what, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated
OIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2020, 04:44 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Find the fsm online for an s15, that will have all the wiring diagrams your heart desires
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The reason for that is because car alarm companies keep the wiring schematics locked up in their dealer/installer-only websites. I ended up having mine professionally installed, cause trying to figure out the best places for signal taps was driving me insane.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:47 AM   #4
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
This is very hard... I had my whole interior out for a refresh last year, and an alarm was part of the program of works, well immobiliser mainly.

It took me almost three months, of research, wiring discovery, fitting, testing, reworking and other things. Note I did a lot of wiring work including a complete e-wrap, installed a boot unlock solenoid and other things too in this time frame.

One thing that was the centre of it all was the Smart Entry Control unit, I ended up tapping a lot of things from here, like door unlocks, door open sensors etc.

For the immobilisation, I cut the fuel wire from the ECU, and the ignition on signal to the ECU.

The starter disable was harder, I ended up reversing the relays with a set of external relays to put this to ground.

All in all it was an epic fuckabout! And now my battery goes flat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:50 AM   #5
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yikes.. some things should be left to the wire nuts that install alarms all day long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:21 AM   #6
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
And I know some electronics, and that was the biggest hump, learning how all the systems work. At least it will help when Haltech time arrives very soon.

I did mine nice to my OCD standards, and I have no idea how an alarm pro can do a proper nice install for $300 bucks... the thing is it?s all hidden behind the covers... no their could ever work mine out lols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote