Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #61
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13driftnut View Post

1.) I suck! So you guys know I haven't been just sitting around with my thumb in wrong places.

2.) I actually bought a couple more 240's and have been doing a ton of side work. For those interested I bought an S13 Coupe for drifting, and a minty S14 Zenki 2 owner car for me to possibly do an epic build with later.....super thankful for an understanding wife!
1.) We know. Pls remove ur thumb.

2.) This is worthless without pics...but I'd love to share negotiating tactics with you. I still want to buy an S15...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-02-2019, 07:19 AM   #62
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looking good my friend! Excited to hang this weekend. Keep up the good work!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #63
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
1.) We know. Pls remove ur thumb.

2.) This is worthless without pics...but I'd love to share negotiating tactics with you. I still want to buy an S15...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sure is great having you checking in on me big boy! Since you asked, you shall receive. Here is the S14 on a lift at my work after I bought it, and my coupe I haven't really taken pics of since its a shell getting turned into a drift car, but you can see it in the back grounds of the following post when the engine gets put in.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #64
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Ok, seems like I'm actually making progress lately, motivation finding me and I need to keep it going, also having my friends push me along always helps haha
So I am PUMPED to say the engine and transmission are now mounted in the car for good! It feels amazing since the car has been apart so long to finally see the heart sitting in its place. Long overdue and I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel, just have to keep plugging away and making it happen!

Few good pics of us dropping it in place! Thanks for the photos Damon!

Unfortunately nothing goes perfect, once the engine and trans were securely in place, I went to rotate the engine to tdc to put the CAS on, I started rotating and the engine stopped. Working on cars for a living it was definitely a mechanical stoppage. I know the timing is perfect but I doubt myself anyways, I cant figure out for the life of me what is causing it to turn a ways then stop suddenly. I removed the started even though we were positive that wouldn't be it since it was retracted upon install. Still no luck!! So out the engine came, Seized gearbox? We pull it out and separate the engine from the transmission, engine rotates beautiful, rotate the input shaft on the transmission, rotates beautiful! Started looking around for points of metal contact on the flywheel and clutch, and bam! the 2 bolts that hold the slave cylinder in place were threaded in all the way with no slave cylinder.....just far enough to contact the clutch in certain spots......... Was happy it was only that and an easy fix....frustrated we risked scratching the engine bay paint job for something that would've taken 2 seconds to do in the car haha

My feelings about the situation

Valve cover securely on, Mazworx valve cover hardware installed. I'd say she looks GOOOOOOOD!

Paint looks great even with an inch of dust on it! Man I need to get this bad boy done so I can wash it and polish it like it needs to be!
Old 01-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #65
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Had fun hanging out man. I am glad it was a simple issue! Car looks amazing. Looking forward to more progress soon!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #66
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yo this motherfucker is rad!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #67
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
9 months, need updates!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:12 PM   #68
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bump lol want to see where this goes
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #69
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah Timmy, get to work on this thing! lol

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-11-2019, 09:59 AM   #70
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
+1 need moar updates
Old 12-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #71
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Yeah, I need to get back to it, planning on that this week and weekend guys, sorry I got sidetracked building my drift car haha. I'll post updates this weekend
Old 04-04-2020, 07:16 PM   #72
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Getting Closer!

Finally going to update this bad boy with some quality content. I just finished re-reading some of my content to get myself back in the mode for this update, and it has really come quite a long ways since the beginning, it's funny because even though this build has taken me YEARS, which is way longer than my patience usually allows, looking back at the pictures it feels like just yesterday. I am getting down to crunch time though, as this car needs to get running and driving ASAP, I miss the driving I do for fun and the escape of it. Well now that I'm done blabbing, let us get to the part where I update what I've done to the ole girl!

Well since the last update was the engine being installed into the bay, I've since purchased a lot of parts, and installed most of the engine bits.

First things, you've all kind of gathered I really like to powdercoat parts, I like the cleanliness, its lasting ability and it just plain looks sweet haha. So I sent out my Greddy intake manifold, fuel rail and injector caps for powdercoat prior to installation. I went with Viking grey and tuxedo black combo to match the valve cover. I'm not one for super flashy or bright off colored engine bays, I prefer my stuff to look tidy, hope you all agree that it does!

I've also installed a brand new brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder, couldn't have old cruddy stuff standing out! Also purchased a UAC wiper motor cover and painted the motor cover. Also installed the turbo and ceramic coated manifold and am very pleased at how clean it all looks.

I also purchased quite a few goodies, very positive I will forget to post a lot of them, full disclosure in the beginning about not being good at these haha

Fancy lug nuts for the fancy wheels!

Mishimoto radiator

PBM downpipe (this was a no brainer, thing looks and fits amazing)

Got myself a Chase Bays power steering setup as well, this was a straight forward install, minus the reservoir feed hose to pump, I had to build my own line with a different fitting, and it still has a slight kink to it (I don't see this posing an issue but time will tell I guess)

I also purchased new coolant hoses for under the intake manifold so I won't have to worry about old brittle hoses cracking and blowing coolant everywhere. The factory turbo inlet was also a piece I wanted so I could maintain factory appearance and breather tube location.....this proved a waste of time since the factory elbow caused my intake pipe no clearance past the power steering reservoir. So I had to make my own! Also finalized all my piping for the intercooler and shipped it all off to powdercoat! Made a bracket to attach the intake to so it isn't flopping all over the place, and bought a new replacement Apexi filter

Well that is where I will leave off tonight, I will update more on Monday night as my 4 day weekend comes to a close, I am fortunate enough to be deemed "essential" and am still working during these crazy times. Well I hope you enjoyed the update and hope everyone stays safe out there!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #73
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Good update man, keep it up!

CamryOnBronze.com