Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!
 
SuicidnS13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,479
Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Five-O injectors??? Anyone here using them yet?

Enjuku and some Ebay retailers are selling Five-O injectors. They look like DW's. Anyone here have any experiences with these injectors?
__________________
BX|Photo
LS400 - Slammed | Fitted | Loud
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
camaro379ss
Zilvia Junkie
 
camaro379ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: (4)
camaro379ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have been wondering this as well...I was thinking about picking some of these up. Hopefully gets some good responses.
__________________
1991 Nissan B13 Sentra sr20det 300whp/1991 Nissan S13 240sx sr20det ~260whp
camaro379ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
TonyTurbo
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pacific Coast
Age: 35
Posts: 33
Trader Rating: (0)
TonyTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Injectors - Bosch Injectors - Siemens, Denso, Rochester Injector Sets, JECS, Nissan, Subaru

The one you found is eBay is their eBay store. Five-O is a pretty legit company, they test individual injector before they send them out, plus they give you a copy of the testing spec to know what you can expect. The injector core is made in japan by JECS, and i think they're the same company who produce the Nissan OEM Z32 mafs if i remember correctly.

I picked a 750cc set up from them for amazing price. Very solid parts and they don't look like they're cheaply made. I getting the car tune end of the month. I post up some spec then.
TonyTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
undisputedKA
 
undisputedKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: (2)
undisputedKA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTurbo View Post
Fuel Injectors - Bosch Injectors - Siemens, Denso, Rochester Injector Sets, JECS, Nissan, Subaru

The one you found is eBay is their eBay store. Five-O is a pretty legit company, they test individual injector before they send them out, plus they give you a copy of the testing spec to know what you can expect. The injector core is made in japan by JECS, and i think they're the same company who produce the Nissan OEM Z32 mafs if i remember correctly.

I picked a 750cc set up from them for amazing price. Very solid parts and they don't look like they're cheaply made. I getting the car tune end of the month. I post up some spec then.
Were you able to get the tune? I am curious beause i am in the market for some injectors and came across these. Thanks!
undisputedKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
TonyTurbo
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pacific Coast
Age: 35
Posts: 33
Trader Rating: (0)
TonyTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car ran superb. Just having trouble with my current electronic boost control. Other then that i'm happy with result in the end with the injectors.

Very Brief spec:
Redtop
s14 T28
Power FC (L-Detro)
Five-0 750cc Injectors
HKS 256 Cams
Walboro Fuel Pump
Z32 Maf

Dyno


Quote:
Originally Posted by undisputedKA View Post
Were you able to get the tune? I am curious beause i am in the market for some injectors and came across these. Thanks!
TonyTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
boosted KA24DE
Zilvia Junkie
 
boosted KA24DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: (22)
boosted KA24DE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I'm running their 1000cc side feed KA24DE-T and the car runs like butter. They are JECS oem injectors just drilled out and matched in sets. I can't complain for the price to me they are a solid deal.
__________________

JDM Fashion isn't always good!
boosted KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
undisputedKA
 
undisputedKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: (2)
undisputedKA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks for the info!
undisputedKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 1,061
Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted KA24DE View Post
I'm running their 1000cc side feed KA24DE-T and the car runs like butter. They are JECS oem injectors just drilled out and matched in sets. I can't complain for the price to me they are a solid deal.
I'm not sure how well i would trust them if they are re-drills. I'm sure if reputable places are selling them they can't be too bad, but with re-drills most often a good spray pattern/atomization is lost. OEM injectors are precise and cleanly cut. Car companies don't spend millions for no reason.

Good to hear people are having good results though.

Would like to have these injectors looked at under a microscope. I'll leave this in here because it applies, i'd advise everyone to read it.
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...injectors.aspx
For now i'll stick with my smaller, but oem STi 550's. They're cheap, reliable, easy to find, and just about drop in.


waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
usdm180sx
Post Whore!
 
usdm180sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 562
Posts: 4,807
Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Yeah atomization quality because of redrilling is my only concern.
__________________
-Norm!

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Razi
Zilvia Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Corona
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
They drill from fresh OEM blanks, instead of redrilling ready-made injectors.
The Subaru guys have good experience with them I think, I'll probably try these out when I upgrade.

Last edited by Razi; 09-05-2011 at 12:22 AM..
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
codyace
Post Whore!
 
codyace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Poconos, PA
Age: 39
Posts: 8,030
Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Redrileld injectors are shitty. Why would you skimp 100 bucks on junk when youv'e got 1000-5000 into the engine? I'll never understand.
__________________

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
dpritchard4
Leaky Injector
 
dpritchard4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: pa
Age: 35
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: (5)
dpritchard4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
not to bring back this thread, but i want to let people know my dealings directly with Five-o Motorsports. what i thought would be great injectors got clogged within a few thousand miles on them.(please note the injector furthest from the fuel filter, and a new filter was installed along with the injectors). the injector was stuck open and would not close. after calling them after a few months of use, i had to ship them the injectors to CA to have them checked out. Bruce at Five-o stated he has never seen an injector do this and could not get it unstuck, meaning the injector had to be rebuilt by a sub-company and then would ship them back......but.....its a $45 fee to have them rebuilt because it is not covered by their "service warranty"....closer look at that warranty does not state that having the injector rebuilt is not covered, and does not state that a clogged injector will not be covered under warranty. knowing this i hope everyone else can stay away from their warranty
dpritchard4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
Truth Sayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2
Trader Rating: (0)
Truth Sayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Super Calculating Satanists

Spent more time on this issue then I'd like and spent five more minutes to create an account - just to spend a few more minutes and chime in on Five-O Motorsports and their ways of business.

I've lost to these people, and I still can't figure out why. OR have I?

A bit more about my dealings with them.

As a decent person who isn't perfect but tries to deal with people straight on - I found their site on a google search while in a kind of 'emergency' situation in which I needed a new fuel pump with my car at the mechanic, and with an 84 turbo 300zx - had few options. I needed a larger one and so they had several Walbro pumps, and when I called - was surprised they had one in stock., which was the 392 255lph.

I borrowed my mechanics car (who also turned out to be another con) to drive all the way out there from Whittier where my car was being worked on, and pick up the pump. When I got to Yorba Linda I was surprised to see the place was in the dudes garage. His girlfriend/wife or whatever showed up to answer at the door, and was friendly, as I met with Bruce, whom I had paid $150.00 to by credit card over the phone.

He said nothing to me and handed me the pump. It wasn't until later that I noticed he had a shaved head. The name of the place 'five-o' is also a bit strange. That's slang for the police back on the east coast, and I felt like maybe these guys were Nazi/KKK Satanists, and I am sure now that they are.

When I got back to the mechanic, it wasn't long before they told me they were having issues with the pump, but my fuel pump housing was old also and needed replacement. Eventually I replaced the housing, and then the pump - which tested bad after several weeks of having multiple problems, from blowing multiple sized fuses, to burning out the harness connector, and just simply not working.

One mobile mechanic dropped the tank one week to replace the housing and remarked about the faultiness of the pump. And a second mobile mechanic the following week dropped the tank again - and I saw him test it - it would only work sometimes.

(I'd like to add that the new bbk that went in works great and still, two weeks later has no issues!)

So here is where my problems started. Upon contacting Bruce, he told me they have no return policy on fuel pumps, but that I could pay another $60.00 to have the pump tested. Immediately red flags went up. That is the strangest policy I have ever heard. A part not being under warranty, after just a few weeks - then paying more to have them check it?

I refused, stating that all of this seemed odd - and so eventually he responded to me and said 'Send it back and I will look at it.'

So I did, only to find out a week later that he had sent it off and had it tested by whoever these people are that he says tests these for him and that it tested fine, and was just 'hot', whatever that means I have no idea- on the east coast - it means stolen.

Weird, I thought, not just on the lingo but the way this all worked out. My mechanic tested it in front of me, after complaints from previous mechanics - and it tested to be faulty.

So I waited for him to respond, and when I asked again - he told me he paid $60.00 and stated that he had told me their policy. So now this seems like more scammy business to keep the pump, and the evidence, and my $150.00 and who knows what else.

As a business owner myself, who in their right mind would figure all of this kind of stuff out? Not someone looking to have a legit operation that helps others by selling a good product - but someone figuring out ways for these clever catches and games, to steal time, sell a faulty item, and who knows what else. Like a big get back game over who knows what, I'd say these guys are part of some KKK political game. With what I've been through with other mechanics and people out here, part of me isn't surprised. What the hell happened to this country? How are people like this staying in business.

Five-O Motorsports imo is a terrible business with these types of policies and sneaky dealings - from the name of the business to the garage, to how they went at me. I'd never want a reputation like that, especially over $150.00.

Hope this helps anyone else who comes to them by similar means and finds this post first.

Last edited by Truth Sayer; 02-28-2015 at 05:44 PM..
Truth Sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:38 PM   #14
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!
 
Dboyizmlg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SoCal (I.E.), San Berdino, Colton, Redlands
Posts: 1,675
Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Sayer View Post
Spent more time on this issue then I'd like and spent five more minutes to create an account - just to spend a few more minutes and chime in on Five-O Motorsports and their ways of business.

I've lost to these people, and I still can't figure out why. OR have I?

A bit more about my dealings with them.

As a decent person who isn't perfect but tries to deal with people straight on - I found their site on a google search while in a kind of 'emergency' situation in which I needed a new fuel pump with my car at the mechanic, and with an 84 turbo 300zx - had few options. I needed a larger one and so they had several Walbro pumps, and when I called - was surprised they had one in stock., which was the 392 255lph.

I borrowed my mechanics car (who also turned out to be another con) to drive all the way out there from Whittier where my car was being worked on, and pick up the pump. When I got to Yorba Linda I was surprised to see the place was in the dudes garage. His girlfriend/wife or whatever showed up to answer at the door, and was friendly, as I met with Bruce, whom I had paid $150.00 to by credit card over the phone.

He said nothing to me and handed me the pump. It wasn't until later that I noticed he had a shaved head. The name of the place 'five-o' is also a bit strange. That's slang for the police back on the east coast, and I felt like maybe these guys were Nazi/KKK Satanists, and I am sure now that they are.

When I got back to the mechanic, it wasn't long before they told me they were having issues with the pump, but my fuel pump housing was old also and needed replacement. Eventually I replaced the housing, and then the pump - which tested bad after several weeks of having multiple problems, from blowing multiple sized fuses, to burning out the harness connector, and just simply not working.

One mobile mechanic dropped the tank one week to replace the housing and remarked about the faultiness of the pump. And a second mobile mechanic the following week dropped the tank again - and I saw him test it - it would only work sometimes.

(I'd like to add that the new bbk that went in works great and still, two weeks later has no issues!)

So here is where my problems started. Upon contacting Bruce, he told me they have no return policy on fuel pumps, but that I could pay another $60.00 to have the pump tested. Immediately red flags went up. That is the strangest policy I have ever heard. A part not being under warranty, after just a few weeks - then paying more to have them check it?

I refused, stating that all of this seemed odd - and so eventually he responded to me and said 'Send it back and I will look at it.'

So I did, only to find out a week later that he had sent it off and had it tested by whoever these people are that he says tests these for him and that it tested fine, and was just 'hot', whatever that means I have no idea- on the east coast - it means stolen.

Weird, I thought, not just on the lingo but the way this all worked out. My mechanic tested it in front of me, after complaints from previous mechanics - and it tested to be faulty.

So I waited for him to respond, and when I asked again - he told me he paid $60.00 and stated that he had told me their policy. So now this seems like more scammy business to keep the pump, and the evidence, and my $150.00 and who knows what else.

As a business owner myself, who in their right mind would figure all of this kind of stuff out? Not someone looking to have a legit operation that helps others by selling a good product - but someone figuring out ways for these clever catches and games, to steal time, sell a faulty item, and who knows what else. Like a big get back game over who knows what, I'd say these guys are part of some KKK political game. With what I've been through with other mechanics and people out here, part of me isn't surprised. What the hell happened to this country? How are people like this staying in business.

Five-O Motorsports imo is a terrible business with these types of policies and sneaking dealings - from the name of the business to the garage, to how they went at me. I'd never want a reputation like that, especially over $150.00.

Hope this helps anyone else who comes to them by similar means and finds this post first.
Sounds like you have some personal problems man.

By the way this isn't a review thread on the business. Lol

You should start one if it bothered you. Have a good day
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #15
Truth Sayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2
Trader Rating: (0)
Truth Sayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i know what you're doing. lame. scummy.
Truth Sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #16
Psychomoongoose
Zilvia Junkie
 
Psychomoongoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Age: 42
Posts: 359
Trader Rating: (5)
Psychomoongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Sayer View Post
Like a big get back game over who knows what, I'd say these guys are part of some KKK political game.
What are you talking about, you crazy guy you?
__________________
As long as you're not a ham-fisted retard there shouldn't be a problem.
Psychomoongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:12 AM   #17
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: France - Toulouse
Age: 43
Posts: 1,851
Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomoongoose View Post
What are you talking about, you crazy guy you?
Can't you see that is a posting bot ?
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 11:43 PM   #18
forumreader667
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: California
Posts: 1
Trader Rating: (0)
forumreader667 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry for commenting on old thread, wanted to warn people off this company. Bought some Subaru side-feed injectors from them that have been nothing but heartache. They came pretty fast and initially looked really good. However after getting them installed the car barely ran with most of the cylinders misfiring. Checking for 'clicking' with an automotive stethoscope and they were all pretty erratic. Pulled them out and requested a refund only to find out that my discovering that they sent me defective goods voids the warranty. I could pay to have the repaired or get a new set at a discount. Tried to get it through paypal, and initially when I sent them in they said in writing they looked, and ran fine. Then when paypal was leaning in my favor they said the injectors came back wrecked (despite having in writing the injectors were 'tested' and ran fine!).

Don't buy from these guys, they use scummy business practices.
forumreader667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 09:24 AM   #19
AKADriver
Post Whore!
 
AKADriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 42
Posts: 3,464
Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Guess the kkk satanist guy was right. Sounds like exactly the same tactic.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 03:32 AM   #20
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie
 
tunermt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MT, AZ, Seoul, Bangkok
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Enjuku and some Ebay retailers are selling Five-O injectors. They look like DW's. Anyone here have any experiences with these injectors?
Oh man they have been trying for years now. I had so many customer cars with injector related issues using 5 O injectors that i stopped offering any tuning support if running them....
When it comes to injectors spend the money, nothing better than reliable power and a smooth driving car.
**Hit up Will at Brewed Motorsports and ask for an injector dynamics coupon code.
__________________
GTR PartsBuy JDM Cars
tunermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright ? 1998 - 2022, Zilvia.net