Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Nickjames510

Trader Rating: (0)
Nickjames510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA Ka24de running with no fuel

I have a stock 91 240sx ka24de. At first it had no fuel, had a bad relay. Now it has too much fuel, to the point of hydro lock. Cylinder 1 misfire, all 4 plugs and wires are firing, fuel is getting to all cylinders. Compression is 153 cold test across all 4. Swapped out know good ecu, harness, dizzy, and injectors. I unplugged all 4 injectors removed fuel feed and return line off the motor, pulled fuel pump relay. The car still start and runs, won’t rev high due to super lean. But it starts and idles with NO FUEL getting to the motor. While it was running with the fuel disconnected I plugged it all back in, car died from too much fuel. I was a tech at Nissan for 6 1/2 years Never seen anything like this.
Nickjames510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
duballstar37
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
duballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Your story is a little hard to follow... I don't understand how the engine would be running and idling without fuel (unless it is running off puddled up fuel on the cylinders from running to rich, which I doubt). If you know that you have spark and compression... does the fuel pump prime? If so, I had a similar issue with my old SR20 and I ended up taking the entire fuel rail out (leaving the side feed injectors in the rail) and crank the motor to watch all four injectors spray. Also, inspect the lower o-rings that seat the injectors in the manifold. These are commonly damaged during installation/reinstall.

I'm not sure if you have already done this, but you can try narrowing the issue down to a specific cylinder by running the car and removing each injector clip one by one to see if the engine changed. If it does not change, that cylinder is your problem.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
Nickjames510

Yea it must be running from #2 and #4. Cylinder 1 and 3 misfire with both fuel lines unplugged and ALL injectors unplugged. Had it running like this about 15 mins so no extra fuel still in the fuel rail. Shut the motor off and starts back up with line unplugged. As soon as I plugged them back in with the car running car died from too much fuel. I’ve swapped know good stock injectors back into it with good o-rings. So no leak down past the injectors.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
Nickjames510

I just posted a video of it running with no fuel hooked up on Instagram. @nickjames510