Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 04-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #31
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ very well said. if you have something under the hood of your car that shouldn't be there there's no reason for you to be at a meet that is filled with complete jackasses. easiest way to get popped.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #32
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade180sx View Post
i was there...

all the honda heads were burning out and hauling ass, this was the scene for the past weeks , anyways i never saw or heard anyone say they wanted to or headed out to go race.
that's just asking for the cops to come. you know they got complaimts from the local businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade180sx View Post
but when the cops rolled they pulled EVERYONE into it.

i received a state ref ticket for modified smog. on my s14 sr same as my buddy with a rb25.

i feel that it was kinda shitty how they made us go into the barricade, but hey you gotta pay to play right?

i cant hate.
cops are being cops, its there job and they are doing what our gov says cant blame them really.

guilty by association. they don;t know who was doing what, so they stop them all. you know going into it that your motor is illegal, but atleas you seem to have the right attitude about it.

the people who were driving like asses there begged for the cops to come. glad they got their wish granted!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #33
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I was pulled over this past sat around the corner of my house on my way to willow. The cop was a complete asshole, the first thing he said was, "were you guys going? street racing". Then took me out of the car and searched me while yelling he hates street racers. I never "race" my car on the street, actually my car only sees willow and thats it but like someone mentioned, Guilty by Assosiation.
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #34
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ harsh. some cops are just major assholes like the one you encountered. I've met up with some real chill ones. One was actually interested in everything I'd done to it and mentioned how he tracks his mr2 every month or so. he was probably going to give me a ticket for speeding, but it ended up only as a warning and a fix it ticket because I didn't have either my insurance or registration on me.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #35
khmer1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
khmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yah should tell the cops why do they modify there car haha all them gadget and crap could be funny thou i know police must have some kind of mod right??

anyways my car is to beat up to race also it an auto with a fucked trans or something slow rpm climb when floored..
khmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #36
Nismoknightska-t
Premium Member

Location: Azusa, socal baby! why do i live this way?? it must be the money!
Trader Rating: (3)
Nismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nismoknightska-t
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
and for those that strictly drag races, there are places like irwindale speedway that have open drag races every thursday.

socal drag tracks suck.. irwindale is the most postless place to take your car.. this is why most people street race

someone needs to open a track that is open every weekend.. i know for sure that it will be packed and keep a lot of people from street racing..
Nismokights on http://www.youtube.com/user/NismoKnights
Nismoknightska-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #37
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
yeah i totally understand the guilty by association

but they werent just pulling :imports: get this..

The Irwindale PACE CAR yes the red mustang with stickers plastered all over it was there and the proceeded to let him go first... i mean that is where it gets gay really fast.

they had trucks with ladders in the lines too. anything and anyone.

but oh well shit happens then you die. so slide it up!
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #38
going topless 240

Trader Rating: (0)
going topless 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
OH AND when they have banged up cars (eg; one headlight only working), how come we can't give them damn tickets and earn a lil money lol. Oh they are trained professionals LMAO bullshit!
Just a thought... from my understanding.... ALL cars on ANY legal roads must have all lights in working order... understand this.. if an officer has a headlight out, his car is on the road illegally.. according to the law, an officer cannot break the law in order to catch you breaking the law... there used to be laws (not sure if still enforced in some states) that if the officer was out of uniform, he could not write you a ticket... this used to include his hat.. The old trick that truckers used to play is to drive close to the officer to cause the wind from their truck to blow off his hat and thus causing the ticket null and void.. this law was changed because a few truckers got too close and hit officers... but I believe this law still holds true for their vehicles... if their vehicle is illegal.... ie. broken or non working lights (ANY), bald tires, etc.. they cannot enforce a ticket.. I've made the officer call his commanding officer once because of his attitude.. I requested his commanding officer be present because the ticket he was writing was BS.. He showed up, pulled the officer back to his car... returned to my car and apologized for the rude behavior of the officer and tore up the ticket.... being polite is always a plus, staying calm helps too.... but on the other hand, when a cop pulls you over for speeding and you were.. don't be an asshole and argue because you got caught.... apologize and admit you were... don't give some lame excuse.. now if your hand is sawed off and sitting in the seat next to you in ice, by all means use that excuse... been through many tickets.. have won about half in court just by showing up and fighting when the ticket was unjust... and paid the ones that I was wrong in.. I agree that the West Coast is way out of control with how they handle things (both extremes... too harsh and like pansies), but remember the cop is a person too.. he doesn't know who he is about to face, so he goes in as a force not to be messed with until he can assess the situation... be polite and calm, make him feel like your not gonna pull a gun on his ass and that you are a sane person... many times they will reduce the ticket right there or tell you how to get it reduced and no points.... if you have to go to court, your last impression is what he remembers... don't flip him off or burn out after - it'll end up in his report, so when your day in court arrives... he has a refresher to remember you by... try telling him you appreciate the fact that his job is tough (being shot at and possibly having to die at any moment) and have a better day... that way when you go to court and he refers back to his notes.. guess what.. he may reduce the ticket to almost nothing... just some thoughts
going topless 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #39
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ harsh. some cops are just major assholes like the one you encountered. I've met up with some real chill ones. One was actually interested in everything I'd done to it and mentioned how he tracks his mr2 every month or so. he was probably going to give me a ticket for speeding, but it ended up only as a warning and a fix it ticket because I didn't have either my insurance or registration on me.
yeah i actually got arround to a cop like that, ha ha but the dude was cooler he asked me for a ride. do you know how ackward it is to hear a cop Tell you to punch it on your car? it was like a once in a life time kinda shit. cops are actually cool sometimes just like anything else you got the bad apple in the basket,

:begin rant: then ofcourse the state government itself being the biggest mafia in california, and the media brainwashing the elder folks that vote for the bullshit asshole leaders we got today. Reason why we got bush for another fuckin 4 years after 2004? cause most of the younger generation didn't vote. reason why we got Arnold for another 2 years? same fuckin reason, also the ignorant ppl desided to go out and vote for him because "his movies are good" (that's a fact i heard it on the mexican news i was so mad)

:end rant:

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 PM   #40
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
:begin rant: then ofcourse the state government itself being the biggest mafia in california, and the media brainwashing the elder folks that vote for the bullshit asshole leaders we got today. Reason why we got bush for another fuckin 4 years after 2004? cause most of the younger generation didn't vote. reason why we got Arnold for another 2 years? same fuckin reason, also the ignorant ppl desided to go out and vote for him because "his movies are good" (that's a fact i heard it on the mexican news i was so mad)

:end rant:

A fact you heard on the Mexican news about an American politician? I don't know if that could be trusted as the truth.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #41
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
I went to the meet back around march when i was in cali for leave, shit was nothing special at all. Some of the guys are my good friends, real chill and what not just hanging out, but i can see why the cops raided that shit because of the douchebag ricers wanting to do burnouts in the parking lots. Bad for business when you see families leaving a restaurant and some asshat is doing donuts in the parking lot
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #42
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
When I was visiting socal a couple weeks ago I attended two meets.

The irvine one was nice and quiet... I don't recall ever seeing a cop roll by at that one.

The super autobacs was a little more riced out, lots of loud exhaust's and a few civics doing fly by's with loud exhaust. There was only one cop that came by for a little bit and was looking for a white mustang=...

he hung out for a little while then he left. there were two bike cops across the street for a while but they just hung out and chat'd by the looks of it.

The local pizza shop in the plaza was busy as hell.

Just depends on where your at I guess, along with what your meet is known for by the cops, and by local shops.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #43
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
shits wack. as long as people arent doing anything stupid, they should just ask them to leave (if need be). i mean.... i'm all for theives getting their cars impounded/taken away, but everyone else? the people who go just to hang out and relax? they should be left alone. just let them leave and go about your business.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #44
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
if I were to go to one of those i'd go eat come back with a recipt. If they haraased me I'd ask them for the C.O. to come down for harrassment. Due to wrongful judgement, I will not admit shit unless I am without a doubt guilty. Like how they had you go into the barricade, even though you were across the street. Bullshit I wouldn't pop my hood unless they had probable cause. You can say no these days. In order to check your hood, and trunk a specific warrant must be present in order for that to take place.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #45
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
unfortunatley.. its takes literally 30 mins or less and a warrant is in front of you.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #46
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoknightska-t View Post
socal drag tracks suck.. irwindale is the most postless place to take your car.. this is why most people street race

someone needs to open a track that is open every weekend.. i know for sure that it will be packed and keep a lot of people from street racing..
This is why, for the most part, I just quit drag racing about 1-2 years ago.

I miss it but fuck overcrowded tracks.

I get way more track time fun racey time at auto-x road races now (when I actually go)