Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
tryiian
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tryiian has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cometic gasket on stock KA

iJust want my gasket to be able to survive an overheating incident. So iJust ordered a 90mm Cometic from JGY. Now either way i`m using this gasket, but there are some questions I can`t answer: Firstly, will it reduce compression any? iKnow that`s the point of a turbo gasket, is this one any thicker than stock? Secondly, is 90mm the right size? It`s the smallest they had...

so sue me for doing it the wrong way but iNeed a headgasket yesterday and iFigure this should work enough to get the car running regardless of performance. If it does reduce compression, i`ll just be doing the single cam piston mod sometime soon.
tryiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Al_S14
BANNED

Al_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Al_S14 Send a message via MSN to Al_S14
i got same gasket...well untill they told me it was on backorder . but yeah 90mil is right size and it should keep teh compression same...and if it will reduce it then it'll be very very insignificant. i tried to get it from importperformanceparts.com but as i said it was on backorder... whats the site name where you ordered yours?
Al_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
ryan hagen
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ryan hagen is making a name for him/her selfryan hagen is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i got one, there are 2 size thickness one is stock and the other is thicker to lower compression.

1990 hatch ka24de gt2871r
ryan hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryiian
Firstly, will it reduce compression any? iKnow that`s the point of a turbo gasket, is this one any thicker than stock?
i thought the point of an aftermarket headgasket for turbo is to be able to handle the abuse more so than to lower compression. i could be wrong. can someone shed some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:10 PM   #5
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
why didn't you research first before buying. that's a clue in answering questions before spending money. next time research and learn before you buy. don't be clueless and jump-in with everyone else without learning some things first.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
tryiian
Leaky Injector

tryiian has a little shameless behavior in the past
*smacks forehead* iSaid iJust needed a headgaket didn`t I? This is just misc stuff that matters also.

guy who wanted site, mine is from jgycustoms.com but I`m pretty sure places like boostdesigns, ka24de.com and etc sell them also. A quick google on cometic ka24de would probably find you a good couple places you could price check on.

thanks for the responses, guys.
tryiian is offline   Reply With Quote