Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
mystacarlo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mystacarlo is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB a healthy rule of a/f

My current setup is a healthy rb25, gt3071r turbo, stock injectors, stock maf, walbro 255lph pump and s-afc2.

At 10lbs, my a/f is around 11.6 in full boost and drops off to about 11.2 to redline. My question is, is this ratio good or am i hurting my power at such a low boost level.

And as i go up in boost, whats a general rule i should follow when it comes to the boost and a/f ratio reading?
mystacarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
your afr's are fine, if its a dd. if youre horsepower hungry, 12.5 under boost is what you call "best lean torque". keep in mind the leaner you get it, the chance of detonation increases. throw it on the dyno, and see what youre motor likes the best is my suggestion.
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Your AF/R is fine. 11.2-11.8 on pump, no reason to go any leaner.

If it runs good @ 10psi I would upgrade the EMS before turning the boost up, there are some evil things that can happen with the ignition map (detonation) with the safc + that 3071r.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=116999
Old 03-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
mystacarlo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mystacarlo is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i jus see that i had i wrong, i hav a 3076r on the car, but the backhousing is rediculously small bein a .48 but thats how i got the car, i plan on goin up to a .63. I went on a run last nite with my boys, and wen we pulled over to let the car cool down, my back housing and manifold was glowing red, i can see that backhousing is choking the motor.
mystacarlo is offline   Reply With Quote