Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:53 AM   #121
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
koukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, nice build man. Your buddy with the 3d scan and bodywork got some skills
koukis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2020, 08:47 PM   #122
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukis13 View Post
Wow, nice build man. Your buddy with the 3d scan and bodywork got some skills

Thanks! And yeah he does!

Old 04-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #123
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looks amazing as always sir!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #124
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
so good, awesome that you turned it back to stockbody
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:52 PM   #125
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Looking at cool 180?s tonight on JY?s stream has inspired me to update this a little bit. Unfortunately I?m still not completely finished with the car (and I don?t think I ever will be) but I?ll post what I have done so far.

I constantly have more parts coming in, so I?m hoping to start updating this thread more regularly.

I?ve been lacking motivation lately. I think it?s because I?m not 100% pleased with how this car is turning out. I think it looks good, but there?s something about it that I think it?s still lacking. Open for suggestions as always!

After I got the car running and driving, I wanted to spruce up the engine bay. I started with doing a complete color change to silver (as all good bays should be haha).

Then after I got that out of the way, I started sourcing parts including:

-KTS Coolant Reservoir
-S14 Koyo radiator
-Kazama Auto oil catch tank
-Billion Power Steering Reservoir
-Greddy Breather Tank
-Greddy pulleys
-Billion Radiator Cap
-Samco lower radiator hose
-Blitz upper radiator hose
-Sard Type R FPR

I even swapped out the subframe for a modified one to relocate the rack, and swap the rack out for a freshly rebuilt one. While I was doing that, I decided to also change the old engine mounts out for Kazama Auto ones, and the old trans mount for a Nismo version.

Still waiting on my other valve cover to be painted to throw it on there, but the purple will have to stay for now :/

Also found some Blitz Technospeed Z2?s for really cheap, so I figured I?d pick them up to use as spares
18x9.5 +38? I believe

The interior is currently a mess of wiring. Four Greddy gauges in the dash, one on top near the cluster, and one strapped to the Cusco cage whenever that decides to arrive. As well as wiring in a period correct Carrozzeria, and a few other things.

Along with the gauges, I got another Next Miracle bar for this car, and have a red Brix 1.5 on the way. I?m hoping to get glove box and door panels reupholstered by the end of the week.

Like I said, I?m kinda in the middle of everything at the moment, but I wanted to make an update. I had this wave of inspiration come over me and I?d like to start working on my car again, but it?s 11:40pm, my car is at my shop on the other side of town, so this is the next best thing haha

Old 06-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #126
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Small update:

Got my seat in! Need to stitch up that small tear and give it a good wash. I also need to order a Bride MO rail for it, and throw it in!

In the meantime, I began reupholstering my glovebox. The fabric I have is genuine bride, so it?s extremely thick, and backed with a layer of foam. This made the process extremely difficult because the fabric was so hard to cut/work with. I got it done and it ended up looking pretty good, but I?m afraid I?m going to have to buy some fake fabric to put on the doors. There?s no way that genuine fabric will look good being so thick and hard to work with

I also ordered some new Attain front hubs since my right side hub is shot. Has about a quarter inch of play top to bottom. With the hubs, I also have a new Cusco front strut brace coming in.

Since I installed those Kazama engine mounts, the front of my valve cover now hits the hood. This is bad because it?s rubbing the paint off the valve cover. I?m not sure what to do yet, I?d hate to have to switch out the engine mounts again, or try to lower my subframe even more.

I don?t know. Small update. This car has been keeping me busy, which is nice. I drove it hard at a local street spot today, and all the temps stayed cool, and the car performed well. The steering feels much better with the new pump, lines, rack, and modded subframe. I?m happy so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #127
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyless View Post
Small update:

In the meantime, I began reupholstering my glovebox. The fabric I have is genuine bride, so it?s extremely thick, and backed with a layer of foam. This made the process extremely difficult because the fabric was so hard to cut/work with. I got it done and it ended up looking pretty good, but I?m afraid I?m going to have to buy some fake fabric to put on the doors. There?s no way that genuine fabric will look good being so thick and hard to work with

I literally just did my door cards yesterday with real bride fabric (for the the third time). My only advice is to make sure you have two to three people and attempt it. The last two I did by myself I got the fabric perfect and smooth on the card but I kept messing up putting the fabric in the valley because it felt like the material was too thick to tuck in there.

With a second person forcing the fabric down the valley with a small home depot hook pick and me pushing the fabric on the door card we got it to turn out much better but not perfect imo however it will do for me.

Edit: forgot I can share a link, passenger side turned out really good, driver side we kept struggling to tuck in the fabric and keep it stuck on the door card at the same time.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hCUGV2bVdWYzhR
Old 06-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #128
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
I literally just did my door cards yesterday with real bride fabric (for the the third time). My only advice is to make sure you have two to three people and attempt it. The last two I did by myself I got the fabric perfect and smooth on the card but I kept messing up putting the fabric in the valley because it felt like the material was too thick to tuck in there.

With a second person forcing the fabric down the valley with a small home depot hook pick and me pushing the fabric on the door card we got it to turn out much better but not perfect imo however it will do for me.

Edit: forgot I can share a link, passenger side turned out really good, driver side we kept struggling to tuck in the fabric and keep it stuck on the door card at the same time.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hCUGV2bVdWYzhR

Man, that looks great! I think I?ll give it a shot. What are you using to cut the excess fabric?

Old 06-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #129
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Man, that looks great! I think I?ll give it a shot. What are you using to cut the excess fabric?

I just used the scissors in the middle from this scissor set I bought from home depot.

This is the pick set I bought that was very helpful to tuck in the fabric. The one all the way on the right was probably the most useful.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:56 PM   #130
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
I just used the scissors in the middle from this scissor set I bought from home depot.

This is the pick set I bought that was very helpful to tuck in the fabric. The one all the way on the right was probably the most useful.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!!
Old 06-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #131
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Car is beautiful...love the setup
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:06 PM   #132
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I got excited to see this thread near the top of the page. I'm happy to see you're still working on this!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #133
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I got excited to see this thread near the top of the page. I'm happy to see you're still working on this!

I?m happy to be back! I?m hoping to be more frequent with my updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Car is beautiful...love the setup

Thank you sir!

Old 06-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #134
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Added a Cusco strut brace on the front. Also picked up and ORC power steering tank. Unsure if ill use that or the billion one

Old 06-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #135
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Added a Cusco strut brace on the front. Also picked up and ORC power steering tank. Unsure if ill use that or the billion one

Was that tank sold by that guy on backshelf? I was eyeing that unit. He also had well priced east bears that sold instantly.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #136
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Got a Dyno sheet of the Dyno day?
Old 06-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #137
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Was that tank sold by that guy on backshelf? I was eyeing that unit. He also had well priced east bears that sold instantly.

Yes! Haha. Ive been on the hunt for one for a long time, so when this popped up, I knew I had to have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Got a Dyno sheet of the Dyno day?

I don?t unfortunately Im in the process of installing some different injectors, so when I go back to get it re-tuned I will be be sure to send one!

Old 06-28-2020, 09:32 PM   #138
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Do you remember how much torque you made by any chance?
Old 08-30-2020, 11:51 AM   #139
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Interior and engine updates
Old 11-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #140
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Teddy's Southeast 180SX Build

Greetings everyone!

Progress on the black car has been slow, but steady. I am going into way more detail on this car than the white one. I?m currently waiting for my Safety21 cage and do-luck floor bar to arrive, so I figured I?d do an update before I throw those in.

Bare with me as a try to recall everything I?ve done in the past month or so haha

First of all, I?ve been getting the interior situated. Door panels have been recovered in bride fabric, along with glovebox, wires have been ran to all 7 Greddy gauges, I?ve added chrome door handles, alpine 6.5? door speakers, and corresponding tweeters, rear of the interior has been touched up in areas showing light surface rust, Nardi classic 330 added, Pivot shift plate added to radio bezel.

Still needing to install: Pivot shift light, Cusco/Safety21 seven point cage, Do-Luck floor brace, checkered mats, fire extinguisher, Sabelt harness, tow rope.

For the engine, I have installed my freshly vapor honed intake manifold, along with my 800cc Sard injectors and Sard top feed fuel rail. Also installed is the Tomei oil plate feeding my Greddy oil filter relocation block and oil cooler. I have relocated my Billion power steering tank to my core support, and converted in to -AN. I made my own -AN lines to suite the oil, fuel, and power steering setup. The engine area is done for the most part, other than changing the valve cover (in the works), adding heat sleeves on crankcase lines, heater lines, and engine harness, adding a duct to the CAS, and throwing on a different oil cap.

I finally got my front bumper back on! Not before adding some chrome Bomex horns to the front of the car though. Front lip also painted and installed. Blue Raybrig headlamp assemblies were installed as well. Also added some different period-correct stickers to the windshield.

All in all, this car is coming together really well. I?ll post some more pictures after I get the cage and such installed. Also! Minervas are getting sold off as I?m switching to a full Z2 setup. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Old 11-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #141
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Dam..i miss my red bride interior in my s14..lookd the same..but hella hard to keep clean.

Car is lookn awsome.. what color u gonna have the cage?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:23 PM   #142
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving, it's like an S13 greatest hits album, so amazing! Where'd you pick up the chrome door handles, yahooJP?

Also that warehouse space is incredible, but all the stuff scattered around would drive me absolutely insane.
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:55 PM   #143
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Dam..i miss my red bride interior in my s14..lookd the same..but hella hard to keep clean.

Car is lookn awsome.. what color u gonna have the cage?

I?m never happy about the maintenance that red seats demand, but it is so worth it! Haha. Cage is going to be black, just like the one in the white car, nothing crazy. I?m not too keen on wild roll cage colors, however I did strongly consider doing a chrome cage lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsupra View Post
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving, it's like an S13 greatest hits album, so amazing! Where'd you pick up the chrome door handles, yahooJP?

Also that warehouse space is incredible, but all the stuff scattered around would drive me absolutely insane.

Thank man!! I tried looking for the chrome handles on Yahoo Japan for so long, but eventually gave up. I ended up finding the left one in the UK, and the right one in Italy lol. Shipping was pretty outrageous, but I wanted these things so bad to go along with all the other little chrome bits around the car. No regrets!

Having the warehouse space is such a blessing, especially coming from a 10x20 storage unit that I built the white car in. However it does get a little messy at times haha. Perhaps I should set some time aside to organize!

Old 01-23-2021, 06:24 PM   #144
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Teddy's Southeast 180SX Build

Hello everyone!

So starting where I left off-

I installed the Cusco/Safety21 seven point Cage to the black car, as well as a Do-Luck floor bar:

I have both my Bride Brix 1.5 driver and passenger seats in now. I also have my gauges mounted up (fuel pressure gauge on top of column just temporary for tuning). And I also installed a new walbro 450 pump in the tank. Off to the dyno!

The car made 401whp and 337tq at 1.3 bar on pump gas. It feels really nice! I happened to finish the car in time to head to Florida for a little OSW private day get together with some good friends. The car performed great, but I also got an idea of some things I need to change/fix. Mainly needing new rear coilovers as my current ones are old and stiff. Also new rear brake pads.

There?s nothing wrong with my rear subframe bushings or anything, but I got an extra subframe to fully delete the hicas on the car (currently still has a lockout bar on the back). I started working on that. My plan is to reinforce it, add KTS solid bushings, all new Ikeya arms, new hubs, rotors, axles, etc. but that?ll be a long term project.

I?m happy with how the car sits right now. Both of my cars are running and driving and it?s a good feeling.

Recently I added a Sabelt harness to the black car, as well as 17? Blitz Z2 to the front, and a Greddy oil cap. The white car finally got the Ikeya Formula exhaust installed on it as well.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read through my journey with these two cars. I often forget to update this thread, but every now and again I meet someone in person who talks about seeing my thread on Zilvia and it always brings me back, to update for anyone else who may come across it. Well, that?s all I have for now. I?ll see everyone in another few months
Old 01-25-2021, 07:15 AM   #145
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
great build! both cars are super awesome. i really like the period correct mods
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:12 AM   #146
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Amazing as always teddy. Car looked great at the private day. Who tuned the black car btw?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #147
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Both slabs looking so good, man. Well done!

I love that warehouse space.
It reminds me of back in the day being at my friends old job--also an old warehouse with lots of cars, parts, stuff etc everywhere but it had such a cool vibe.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #148
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Both slabs looking so good, man. Well done!

I love that warehouse space.
It reminds me of back in the day being at my friends old job--also an old warehouse with lots of cars, parts, stuff etc everywhere but it had such a cool vibe.

Thank you! It is a neat space for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Amazing as always teddy. Car looked great at the private day. Who tuned the black car btw?

Thanks man! The car was tuned by Philip Koch at Engine Management Solutions (he is also a part of the Garage Moon Power team)

Old 02-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #149
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Old 02-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #150
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Love the work. How do the bonnet gaps make you feel?

I've ran Kp bonnets a few times. Slot the crap out them hinges boi!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote