Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #151
whitetrash

Trader Rating: (0)
whitetrash is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love the build dude. I am actually taking on this same swap. This gave me a few good tips!
whitetrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #152
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
Love the build dude. I am actually taking on this same swap. This gave me a few good tips!
You should follow the Facebook group.I?m on there as Johnny Ornelas

SRZ-the 300zx sr20det swap group

A lot of good information there, helpful people
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #153
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
For everyone who has completed it, its a very rewarding swap. I can't wait to drive the car again and have it be entirely different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
You should follow the Facebook group.I?m on there as Johnny Ornelas

SRZ-the 300zx sr20det swap group

A lot of good information there, helpful people
I've been part of that group since the beginning! Will be posting more over there as the car finally comes together.

Got my oil pan back today, officially time to finish this project! Jon at Future Fabrication took care of me and got the pickup and pan sorted.

Pickup was re-made using a Subaru OEM pickup as the base, this is a much better solution than the weird sandwiched CXRacing pickup and has proper bracing back to the girdle.

Some basic baffles were added to the bottom of the pan to keep the oil around the pickup. These along with the big oil cooler should keep the engine fed with nice cool oil regardless of what I'm doing.

I've got some time off work coming up and the weather is finally giving us a break out here. I am determined to get this car back on the road before the end of the year!
Old 12-11-2020, 11:47 AM   #154
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ohhhh boy, what a shit show this oil pan has been. I ripped the subframe out of the car and installed the pan, really wasn't that bad of a job, but...

Well it simply isn't going to work. Pan sits at a super odd angle that does not match the factory pan. This puts the sump at an odd angle and the pan is hitting the steering rack. Should have measured this before I had baffles welded in and tried installing it, should have known it was a shit part from the get go. Setting it next to a stock upper/lower and checking the angle gives these results. Hopefully I can get the pan modified to fit, at this point I may as well considering the time and money I have spent trying...

After all of that frustration I decided to try and get the standalone sensors sorted. Remote block will fit perfectly on the passenger side under the cowl and hold the MAP, oil pressure and fuel pressure sensors. Picked up a bunch of push to lock fittings and plumbed up most of the vacuum system as well. Really like how these lines look and fit, may need some metal fittings off the wastegate, but we'll see.

And lastly I decided to test fit my Regamasters off my daily. They are 18x10 +35 square and fit the car incredibly. With an alignment, I think these will be perfect and let me run a meaty tire without fender clearance issues.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #155
spitfiredc7

Trader Rating: (1)
spitfiredc7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bummer on the pan.

I do dig the remote sensor mount, might try something similar when the time comes.