Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #2971
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Deeeeel
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #2972
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Kinda bums me out that I'm not going to be posting my e30 when it's done, or my S13 when it's back on the track, or my 911 when I get it back on the road.

Should've saved my politics for a different forum.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #2973
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Kinda bums me out that I'm not going to be posting my e30 when it's done, or my S13 when it's back on the track, or my 911 when I get it back on the road.

Should've saved my politics for a different forum.

????????????
Old 10-26-2020, 03:42 PM   #2974
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
You start worrying about your faces when you're a business owner.

I can't share who I am on this forum because of what I've said, and considering the various hobbies of Zilvia's members, someone will, at some point, connect the dots between cars posted on my business' social media and me. I guarantee that members of this forum have bought products from one of my businesses.

My business customers don't need to know my political ideals or that I'm an asshole. They need to know how much, how to pay, and when they get it.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #2975
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
You start worrying about your faces when you're a business owner.

I can't share who I am on this forum because of what I've said, and considering the various hobbies of Zilvia's members, someone will, at some point, connect the dots between cars posted on my business' social media and me. I guarantee that members of this forum have bought products from one of my businesses.

My business customers don't need to know my political ideals or that I'm an asshole. They need to know how much, how to pay, and when they get it.
It's sad it has to be this way. No matter where you lean as long as this isn't violated and you guys can have a non-antagonistic relationship there should be zero issues with it effecting your business...but 'kids these days' do not understand that there are levels/degrees to what you believe.

Hello from Southern Japan. I am still grumpy.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #2976
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I don’t think any of the active posters in the Loud Noises area actually hold any grudges regardless of political alignment, at least I hope not cuz that’d be sad lol
Old 10-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #2977
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yea, i really dont care...not petty, everyone has their own beleves and views...its loud noises, half the time im tryn to poke the bear and get a reaction...but hell if u have a good/service i need, im gonna talk to you qnd make a deal, reguardless of previously mentioned convos.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #2978
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

It's not about the posters we post with, it's more the fact that anyone can click on my name and see my posts. Most of the people we bicker with in Loud Noises are people I can learn from or who I see doing good work and providing sound advice.

Being a known businessperson is like being a politician- people will start digging up dirt and I've said some shit that is controversial as I've grown into my system of beliefs. I'd rather not end up like the founder of Petrolicious and have to give up ownership or management of something I grew and loved because I said something about an ex-president or cops or Nancy Pelosi's hairy balls.

I know this sounds excessively full of myself but I don't want to get canceled out of something I helped create because I wasn't careful to hold my cards close to the vest. It just bums me out that I can't share stuff with people on a forum I enjoy because it would make it too easy to dox me.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #2979
spooled240
Post Whore!

It can get pretty heated and personal talking about politics these days and for what? Nothing.. You're not going to change anyone's mind here
Old 10-27-2020, 02:55 PM   #2980
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Agreed, don't really see the appeal when it comes to arguing about politics.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:26 PM   #2981
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Might only change the mind of 1 in 100, but that 1 could be all it takes to make a difference.

If you have political beliefs, but you never discuss them with anyone, you're doing yourself a disservice. It's like going to change your oil and you have all the tools you need, but but you don't want to lay on the ground and get dirty, so the car just stays on jackstands for 69 years. Ain't changing shit if you aren't willing to get dirty.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #2982
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I know this sounds excessively full of myself but I don't want to get canceled out of something I helped create because I wasn't careful to hold my cards close to the vest. It just bums me out that I can't share stuff with people on a forum I enjoy because it would make it too easy to dox me.
I personally don?t care. Many people probably won?t but I also understand. My dad started his business 22 years ago and we live less than one mile from our shop. Most of our customers don?t even know where we live. We also live pretty private lives (my last fb post was probably in 2012 or something around then)

Sucks balls that you have to live with that kinda fear. But that?s your burden to bear.

Our burden is avoiding violence even though we are over prepared for any kind of violence.
Enjoy your cars man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:23 AM   #2983
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Or, maybe, just maybe... don't be a racist piece of shit and you wouldn't have to worry about it.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:24 AM   #2984
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Or, maybe, just maybe... don't be a racist piece of shit and you wouldn't have to worry about it.
Are you friends with Tom Smykowski, by any chance? Racism isn't the only thing that cancels you.

I'm not talking about a local business. I want to be retired at 50 with the ability to spend my time doing whatever I want for the next twenty-five years.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:34 AM   #2985
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
I don?t think any of the active posters in the Loud Noises area actually hold any grudges regardless of political alignment, at least I hope not cuz that?d be sad lol
The rep system should be removed from Loud Noises/Political thread. Its amazing how many people are full red because of their opinion and just the inability of some to tolerate an opinion that is not there's

Never ever given a neg rep to anyone from the Loud Noises section, no matter how heated it gets. I go take a few days off, chill out, and realize it's not that serious, but yet, some pieces of shit here tend have immediately neg repped me several times in the past.

Fuck those pieces of this. There I said it....Wish the mods would read this.

On the flip side, if one is actively pushing and supporting violence against another, especially applauding someone killing someone for a political belief, then fuck you, Neg rep and ban that shit to oblivion. There is simple no place for that shit....Period.

I am young and grump. Does that count??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:25 AM   #2986
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Might only change the mind of 1 in 100, but that 1 could be all it takes to make a difference.

If you have political beliefs, but you never discuss them with anyone, you're doing yourself a disservice. It's like going to change your oil and you have all the tools you need, but but you don't want to lay on the ground and get dirty, so the car just stays on jackstands for 69 years. Ain't changing shit if you aren't willing to get dirty.
I discuss politics, just not here..or on the dumpster fire that is FB lol. People are being called racists and pieces of shit for having an opinion. Going off your analogy, some of these discussions are like breaking the drain plug and the oil gets all over you. Then you change the oil pan and put new fresh oil only to find the engine has a rod knock..are we really getting anywhere?
Old 10-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #2987
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I've lost actual friends over expressing differing political opinions in the past. I have no control over how the other person is going to react and people can get really triggered. I value my relationships more than having someone agree with me over political beliefs, so not worth the risk of damaging good will. Also here to bullshit and relax, not get stressed out.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #2988
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You guys act like your political opinions aren't your core values as a person. I absolutely cut people off for having trash opinions. My family is top of the list with the racism and homophobia they refuse to shut the fuck up about.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #2989
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

See, that's the problem.

Your core values may be moral, ethical, and considerate of others, but people will consider them negatively if they're associated with a political cause.

Hence me wishing to keep all of it separate from my businesses. It's likely that my consumer products business will take stands with, and donate toward, causes that increase social equality because its clients tend younger, but my restoration and modification business will only take stands on automotive enthusiast causes.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #2990
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Damn, what happened to all the posts on this page?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:33 PM   #2991
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Damn, what happened to all the posts on this page?
Butthurt mod?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #2992
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Butthurt mod?
More like a team of anus holes who failed to heed being told to carry their political bullshit to Loud Noises.
But thanks for speaking up as the lead anus hole

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:58 PM   #2993
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
More like a team of anus holes who failed to heed being told to carry their political bullshit to Loud Noises.
But thanks for speaking up as the lead anus hole
I mean, I took the bait too but there are a few more posts up that should be axed too...

OT: What the fuck is the point of Project Rough on the Speedhunters website...
Old 11-02-2020, 04:02 PM   #2994
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
OT: What the fuck is the point of Project Rough on the Speedhunters website...
Ok, so this is like the second hater thread on Zilvia and I'm proud of the assholery present in this thread.

I would never be proud of that instrument filler. I would never install something like that in my car. It just wouldn't come to be, because it looks like cellulite ass in spandex.

DIY is cool. Knowing how to lay fiberglass or carbon fiber is cool. But doing it poorly, then installing it in your car because you can, is lame. That's not something you share with people. It's something that you use as a stepping stone, as a learning experience, as an example of what you once were to compare to what you now are or what you will be.

Woodworking is cool. Making a shift knob that would fail woodshop in high school isn't that cool.

Yo, I get it- dude's proud. But the product isn't worthy of that level of pride.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #2995
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Ok, so this is like the second hater thread on Zilvia and I'm proud of the assholery present in this thread.

I would never be proud of that instrument filler. I would never install something like that in my car. It just wouldn't come to be, because it looks like cellulite ass in spandex.

DIY is cool. Knowing how to lay fiberglass or carbon fiber is cool. But doing it poorly, then installing it in your car because you can, is lame. That's not something you share with people. It's something that you use as a stepping stone, as a learning experience, as an example of what you once were to compare to what you now are or what you will be.

Woodworking is cool. Making a shift knob that would fail woodshop in high school isn't that cool.

Yo, I get it- dude's proud. But the product isn't worthy of that level of pride.
Why yall talking about this and not linking it or posting pics?!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #2996
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2020/10/...the-diy-curse/
Old 11-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #2997
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Project AintCare's slightly more caring but still shitty cousin.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #2998
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I have it on good authority that the StanceNation dude's two-tone was purchased for north of $30k.

Hold on to your cars lol.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:44 AM   #2999
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My aspirations to legally own an S15 are diminishing each day as they approach "down payment on a house" levels of value.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #3000
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I have it on good authority that the StanceNation dude's two-tone was purchased for north of $30k.

Hold on to your cars lol.
I read somewhere that someone mentioned 43k usd as the selling price.