Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:40 PM   #1
Phantom_Drift

Trader Rating: (0)
Phantom_Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
... car won't start, tried everything need ideas.

Bought an s13 hatch with a dual cam ka24de.. long story short told it needed two things, not the case.

Car has a new alternator and new starter, although the starter is currently not in the car.

Basically it just won't spin the flywheel over. the starter solenoid clicks and the starter is confirmed working.

Took the starter out and tried push starting the car, its has only started 2 times out of the 9 we have tried to start it.

The times it has started when you try and drive it it has basically no power whats so ever, in addition it sounds like something is rattling around in the bellhousing quite loudly, but seems to go away when you disengage the clutch.

When you try and turn the motor by hand with the car in the air, both in gear and out of gear the wheels and flywheel seem to spin fine. Observed by looking at the flywheel through where the starter mounts.

in addition none of the dash lights or any interior lights work but I feel like this is an unrelated issue. When you try to push start the car, reverse second gear and sometimes third the wheels generally just lock up and the car slides about 10 feet to a stop, the 2 times it has started the car was sliding to a stop and it happen to start to fire up so I just jumped on the gas.

Any ideas anyone? I am going to drop the trans but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas before I did.
Phantom_Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2015, 01:50 AM   #2
metako42

metako42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you see the car turn over before you bought it? If not then that's a huge gamble you took. Possible that the engine is almost seized and that's why it mostly won't turn over but sometimes frees up. You could take the plugs out and try to turn the motor over with a socket and long handle on the crank.

Last edited by metako42; 08-27-2015 at 03:01 AM..
metako42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
metako42

metako42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry i just reread your post and it says it turns ok by hand so disregard my post.
metako42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
unpaintedhatch
Leaky Injector

unpaintedhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
I imagine the springs in the clutch have popped out of their resting spots?